Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWallace signs tender Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Wallace signs tender

Go down 
+10
steelersfan87
vasteeler
Steeltown beatdown
Buddha Bus
effyou515
fer69
Wallace108
stlrtruck
Mach1
Bays
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bays

Bays

Wallace signs tender Empty
PostSubject: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:03 pm

Wallace signs tender Mike-Wallace

Wallace signs 1-year, 2.74 million dollar tender offer

SteelersXtreme.com

Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Mike Wallace signed his 1-year, $2.74 million tender offer today.

The Steelers historically don't negotiate contracts during the regular season, so the two sides have 12 days to work out a long-term deal before the season opener in Denver.

The Steelers have plenty of cap room to sign Wallace to a long-term deal before the start of the season, and with how quickly fellow wide receiver Antonio Brown's contract was negotiated, there's no reason to believe 12 days won't be enough time to get a deal done.

Wallace, who's entering his fourth season with the Steelers, says he knows the playbook "inside and out for the most part" and is ready to get back onto the field.

© Steelers Xtreme 2012

Last edited by bayz101 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:22 pm

Bout time.

Now maybe all the Wallace drama threads will die off.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:24 pm

Things should be good now. THANK GOD.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:34 pm

Well shite, all the drama is over, now what the hell are we going to talk about for the next week and a half?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Wallace signs tender 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:35 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Well shite, all the drama is over, now what the hell are we going to talk about for the next week and a half?

The performance-enhancing scandal surrounding Buddha's contest win, of course.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:59 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
now what the hell are we going to talk about for the next week and a half?
How long it'll take for all the haters to get back on the bandwagon. Wallace signs tender 3798349058

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:05 pm

we should trade his ass

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:11 pm

fer69 wrote:
we should trade his ass

send him to Detroit Wallace signs tender 1378315869

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:17 pm

fer69 wrote:
we should trade his ass

effyou515 wrote:
send him to Detroit Wallace signs tender 1378315869

Did we trade Rod Woodson when he held out? Nope.
Did we trade Hines Ward when he held out? Nope.

So ...

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:23 pm

Messages from Wallace:

Quote :
Glad to be back in the 'Burgh with my teammates. It's time for me to get busy. I am ready. To my fans, I hope you understand that I had to handle the business end of things for myself which is never easy for you or me. But for now, that's behind me. I am back and ready to help my team make another run at it. I am focused on winning another championship for Steeler Nation and this city. Let's do it. MW

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=478049452213617&id=286824708002760

Quote :
Mike Wallace ‏@Wallace17_daKid

Sorry for the wait!! #Steelernation

Message from Wallace108 (in his best Al Bundy voice):
Quote :

Let's rock!!

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:35 pm

Quote :
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib

Steelers players having a good laugh at reporters expense shouting out "hey Mike" just to see the reaction of reporters in locker room

Wallace signs tender 1664291743

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:48 pm

bayz101 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

The performance-enhancing scandal surrounding Buddha's contest win, of course.

Back to top Go down
Steeltown beatdown

PostSubject: Re: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:57 pm

He wants D Jackson money, probably not going to get it, but hopefully he can get a deal he can live with.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:02 pm

You mean Vincent Jackson?

Allegedly, it was never even the money that was the problem. In fact, he was reportedly offered V. Jackson money already. It was the guaranteed money. If the Steelers offer more guaranteed money now that he's under a tender, it won't be long before we hear the announcement of a long-term deal.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:17 pm

And you can hear his first 'official' interview here:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/JamesHarrison92

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 4:03 pm

nice......now back to work!!!!

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 4:42 pm

Q&A with Mike Wallace
August 28th, 2012
Mark Kaboly | Tribune-Review
Steelers receiver Mike Wallace ended his holdout on Tuesday and reported to the South Side facility. Wallace talked to the media for the first time since January. Here is what he said:

WHAT DID MIKE TOMLIN TELL YOU WHEN HE SAW YOU?
“Nothing. He just told me to say whatever I feel. I told him I feel like I am not talking about any of that stuff in the past. We are only talking about my team and us getting ready for the Super Bowl. That is it. That’s all I am talking about. If we are talking about anything else, I am not talking about it.”

HOW DID IT FEEL TO BE BACK WITH YOUR TEAMMATES TODAY?
“That is the best feeling in the world, seeing all of the guys, all of the smiles, all of the sweat, all of that good stuff. I am ready to be back, ready to be with my teammates. I am ready to go.”

WAS IT HARD TO WATCH AND NOT PRACTICE TODAY?
“I couldn’t even go on the field. That was a little different. I am here now, learning the plays. I get to at least see it. At home I couldn’t even see it. At least getting to watch those guys I am getting a couple of mental reps. I will be back on Monday hopefully and ready to roll.”

ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT CONDITIONING
“I am not worried about it all because I have good teammates and they will get me ready going against a defense. As far as conditioning-wise we have two weeks until the game. I have been working out, doing really good conditioning so that is not going to be a problem. Nothing is like getting in football shape. It’s a little different. The first couple of days I might be a little more tired than the rest of the guys, not because I am not in shape but because it’s different with the pads on. I will be ready when it’s time to go on Sunday night against Denver.”

WILL YOU BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR HAMSTRINGS, TAKING CARE OF THAT?
“You mustn’t have heard I don’t have hamstrings. I don’t worry about that. I am going to stretch real good. I don’t think like that. I don’t think about getting hurt. I am ready to play ball. If that happens, that just happens. That happens to all types of people. I am in good shape so I am not worried about that.”

WHY REPORT TODAY
“Because my teammates need me. It’s time to get ready for the season. I felt like it was time to go. I am ready to roll, I am here. That is all that matters to me. I am not worried about why or nothing. Why, because my teammates need me here and it’s time to get prepared for the season.”

ARE YOU HOPING TO SIGN A NEW CONTRACT BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS?
“I am not worried about a contract. I am just here to play football. I am not worried about contracts; that is in the past. That is the business side. I am here to play football…that is it.

WHAT DID YOU MISS THE MOST?
“What I really feel like I missed is my teammates,” Wallace said. “I am not worried about everything else. Just being around football is what I missed not really the plays. You have to be out there to run the plays but I know the plays. I am not really worried about that. I had a lot of time so all I did was study my plays. I knew my plays. I just really missed being around my teammates and the atmosphere.”

YOU HAVE ANY REGRETS ABOUT THE WAY YOU HANDLED THIS?
“Nah, that’s the past. I am not worried about that. I don’t dwell on the past. I am worried about right now, that’s it. I don’t have any regrets. Anything I do in life I don’t regret it. I am grown man, that’s what I do. Whatever I do, that’s what I did.”

ANY CONSIDERATION TO SIT OUT UNTIL WEEK 13
“Nah, never once thought about that. There was a timetable for me to come back and I am here now. I never thought about staying out six weeks not one time.”

SO YOUR PLAN WAS IF YOU GOT SOMETHING DONE BEFORE CAMP FINE, IF NOT COME IN BEFORE SEASON?
“Not really. The whole time, I never wanted to be away from my teammates. I love my teammates and I love the organization. I never once wanted to be away. But like I said, that’s the business side of it. We handled it the way we had to.”

WHAT DO YOU FEEL YOU ACCOMPLISHED
“I am not worried about a few weeks ago. I don’t really think about three weeks ago. I think about August 28 – that’s when I am here. The past is the past.”

WHAT WAS HARDEST PART OF SITTING OUT?
“I told you, my teammates and my coaches. That’s it. People pass judgment that’s not true. It is what it is with that and I really don’t care about that. My teammates know where I was going, my coaches knew. I kept in contact with them so as long as they knew, I don’t care about anybody else.”

YOU THINK YOU WILL BE ABLE TO WORK OUT AN EXTENSION?
“That’s down the road. Hopefully I can. I would love to be here. This is the team that drafted me and this is where I want to stay. I am not really worried about down the road. I am worried about who is playing football right now. That’s it. That’s really the only thing on my mind. You all might think I am just saying that but that’s it. I am not worried about none of that. That was business. I am not on that right now. I am here to play football, that’s it. I am here with my teammates and happy to see the guys. There was a lot of smiles and a lot of love and that’s all that matters.”

WITH THE REPORTS OF WHAT YOU WERE SEEKING, DID YOU OVERVALUE YOURSELF?
“You are talking about some. You never heard my teammates say that. You never heard my coaches say that so who is someone? I really don’t care about someone. They don’t matter to me.”
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:03 pm

Sounds a little chippy. Wallace doesn't seem interested in negotiating a contract before the season. Not good.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:24 pm

I am adopting the Mike Wallace theory of moving forward. From now on, when my wife gets mad and yells at me about something, my response will be:

"That's in the past. I'm not worried about that."

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:47 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Sounds a little chippy. Wallace doesn't seem interested in negotiating a contract before the season. Not good.

I believe he's a student of the Deebo School of Interviewing

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 6:03 pm

I swear to god, if he says "The past is the past" or "That's it" one more time, i'll put a shotgun shell in my gullet.

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 6:14 pm

He sounds like TO

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 6:53 pm

Wallace isn't close to any of the diva receivers. They crave media attention and making a spectacle of themselves. Instead, Wallace kept silent.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:50 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
Wallace isn't close to any of the diva receivers. They crave media attention and making a spectacle of themselves. Instead, Wallace kept silent.

Exactly.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:10 pm

Good news, glad to see he's back.

PostSubject: Re: Wallace signs tender   Wallace signs tender Empty

Back to top Go down

Wallace signs tender
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next