Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Nation flag makes debut tonight  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Nation flag makes debut tonight

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

Steelers Nation flag makes debut tonight  Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Nation flag makes debut tonight    Steelers Nation flag makes debut tonight  EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:46 am

September 5, 2012 12:02 am
By Dan Gigler / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

During his 12 years in the United States Army, Brent Osbourne wore the American flag on his uniform while serving the nation. Now, he has designed a flag for his other "nation" -- the Steelers Nation.

Osbourne, a 35-year old former staff sergeant in the Kentucky National Guard and veteran of the Iraq War, is one of 32 winners of the NFL's "Fan Flag Challenge" -- a contest for fans to design a flag for each team. He will unveil his flag with the help of Steelers Hall of Fame center Dermontti Dawson during the nationally televised broadcast of NFL Kickoff festivities Wednesday night at New York's Rockefeller Center.

"The way I picture Steelers fans is the way I drew the flag," said Osbourne, of Wilkesboro, N.C.

The flag has the Steelers logo, emblazoned in the center of a circular view of Heinz Field and the Pittsburgh skyline over a field of black.

Six gold hypocycloids -- one for each Steelers' Super Bowl victory -- surround the images and "1933" -- the year the team was founded -- is stenciled in the top left corner.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-nation-flag-makes-debut-tonight-651856/#ixzz25bvfJ8up

Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Nation flag makes debut tonight    Steelers Nation flag makes debut tonight  EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:37 pm

Major SPOILER in the last couple sentences. :chuckle"

Can't wait to see it, tonight.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Nation flag makes debut tonight    Steelers Nation flag makes debut tonight  EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 4:03 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Major SPOILER in the last couple sentences. :chuckle"

Can't wait to see it, tonight.

Why wait? You can see it now. Steelers Nation flag makes debut tonight  2087824411

Steelers Nation flag makes debut tonight  Flag_420

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Nation flag makes debut tonight    Steelers Nation flag makes debut tonight  EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 10:26 am

I thought we already had a flag. Steelers Nation flag makes debut tonight  2087824411

Steelers Nation flag makes debut tonight  FF_110084_xl

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Nation flag makes debut tonight    Steelers Nation flag makes debut tonight  EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 3:29 pm

Maybe instead of worrying so much about flags, we can get somebody to erase Steely McBeam from recorded history. That would be much more beneficial to Steelers Nation. Steelers Nation flag makes debut tonight  3798349058

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Nation flag makes debut tonight    Steelers Nation flag makes debut tonight  Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1