Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers’ Brett Keisel: The Man Behind ‘Da Beard’ Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers’ Brett Keisel: The Man Behind ‘Da Beard’

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Steelers’ Brett Keisel: The Man Behind ‘Da Beard’ Empty
PostSubject: Steelers’ Brett Keisel: The Man Behind ‘Da Beard’   Steelers’ Brett Keisel: The Man Behind ‘Da Beard’ EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 4:48 pm

September 5, 2012 1:40 AM

Brett Keisel, DE #99
Height: 6’5″
Weight: 285
Hometown: Greybull, Wyoming
College: Brigham Young
Experience: 11 years

When you think of “Mr. Irrelevant” in football, that usually means a spot on ESPN during the draft, and a warm body to fill training and mini camps during the summer, before the bags are packed for home.

Eleven years ago, the Steelers’ defensive lineman was just three picks shy of becoming inconsequential. But Brett Keisel has proven himself by making the Pro Bowl and earning his spot in two Super Bowls. Keisel has also become a leader and a role model to his teammates.

“They are calling me the old general, but it’s great. I’ve been hearing that for a long time even when I wasn’t old,” Keisel said. “I feel so lucky. I’ve been here my whole career, so watching some of these younger guys take a more predominant role and watching them grow, that’s what the Steelers are all about.”

(Read More:) http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/09/05/steelers-brett-keisel-the-man-behind-da-beard/

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1