Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRashard Mendenhall might play vs. Oakland Raiders Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Rashard Mendenhall might play vs. Oakland Raiders

Go down 
+3
Bays
Wallace108
Galax Steeler
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

Rashard Mendenhall might play vs. Oakland Raiders Empty
PostSubject: Rashard Mendenhall might play vs. Oakland Raiders   Rashard Mendenhall might play vs. Oakland Raiders EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:44 am

PITTSBURGH -- Rashard Mendenhall's surgically repaired right knee feels so good, the Pittsburgh Steelers running back isn't even wearing so much as an ace bandage over it when he practices.

"I put a sleeve on for a day and didn't like it," Mendenhall said. "I feel better without anything on it.
The 25-year-old hardly looked like he needed one on Wednesday. Asked by coach Mike Tomlin to knock Mendenhall around a little bit, Pittsburgh's defense obliged by getting a couple of shots in during their one padded workout of the week.

Read more http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000064208/article/rashard-mendenhall-might-play-vs-oakland-raiders?module=HP11_headline_stack

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Rashard Mendenhall might play vs. Oakland Raiders   Rashard Mendenhall might play vs. Oakland Raiders EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:00 pm

My position is the same as it has been all along ... if he's ready to play, then he should play. I just didn't wanna see him rushed back because our running game is struggling.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Rashard Mendenhall might play vs. Oakland Raiders   Rashard Mendenhall might play vs. Oakland Raiders EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:19 pm

My position: Don't play him. Even if he can jump buildings, don't play him. No reason in risking further injury with either Troy of Mendy with a Bye Week straight ahead.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Rashard Mendenhall might play vs. Oakland Raiders   Rashard Mendenhall might play vs. Oakland Raiders EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 3:34 pm

bayz101 wrote:
My position: Don't play him. Even if he can jump buildings, don't play him. No reason in risking further injury with either Troy of Mendy with a Bye Week straight ahead.

I'm with Bagz. Wait till after the bye week to bring him back. I feel confident we can dust the Raiders without him.

Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Rashard Mendenhall might play vs. Oakland Raiders   Rashard Mendenhall might play vs. Oakland Raiders EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 3:36 pm

I say let him miss this one and then the bye week and bring him back 100%

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Rashard Mendenhall might play vs. Oakland Raiders   Rashard Mendenhall might play vs. Oakland Raiders EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Galax Steeler wrote:
I say let him miss this one and then the bye week and bring him back 100%

I say keep him in uniform and bring in if needed...other than that....sit the bench taking it easy. I am concerned about this game though also...that other team is wanting the win in a bad way.
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Rashard Mendenhall might play vs. Oakland Raiders   Rashard Mendenhall might play vs. Oakland Raiders EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:10 pm

if he's heathy i say play him he don't need to start the game tho but let him get hit a few times imo

let the dancing begin Rashard Mendenhall might play vs. Oakland Raiders 2906524739

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Lemondrop
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Rashard Mendenhall might play vs. Oakland Raiders   Rashard Mendenhall might play vs. Oakland Raiders EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 10:26 pm

If he's 100%, I'd give him 3-5 carries only, to give him a taste - kind of like preseason games #1 and 2, where the starters play one series, to sharpen them up. Then, after the bye - depending on how Redman and/or Dwyer play, may the best RB get the carries.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Rashard Mendenhall might play vs. Oakland Raiders   Rashard Mendenhall might play vs. Oakland Raiders EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 11:44 pm

Lemondrop wrote:
If he's 100%, I'd give him 3-5 carries only, to give him a taste - kind of like preseason games #1 and 2, where the starters play one series, to sharpen them up. Then, after the bye - depending on how Redman and/or Dwyer play, may the best RB get the carries.
That sounds like a good plan to me.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rashard Mendenhall might play vs. Oakland Raiders   Rashard Mendenhall might play vs. Oakland Raiders Empty

Back to top Go down

Rashard Mendenhall might play vs. Oakland Raiders
Page 1 of 1