Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss

Go down 
+4
Bays
Gingerchip
Buddha Bus
Galax Steeler
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss Empty
PostSubject: Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss   Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 5:01 am

A night of pushing, shoving and questionable calls in Baltimore ended the only way possible: with controversy.

The Baltimore Ravens beat the New England Patriots* 31-30 on a last-second field goal that didn't necessarily look like a last-second field goal. Justin Tucker's kick seemed to go over the upright as time expired and immediately was called good.

In the aftermath, Patriots* coach Bill Belichick wanted some explanation or a possible review (although field goals that go above the uprights aren't reviewable). As the officials ran off the field, Belichick ran after them. He grabbed at one official as he passed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000065419/article/bill-belichick-grabs-ref-after-controversial-Patriots*-loss?module=HP11_headline_stack

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss   Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 6:11 am

Well, all I know is that after that "league mandate" from Herr Goodell about the coaches and players laying off the replacement refs, I saw an awful lot of screaming and berating of them by several coaches today. I can't wait to see how Der Kommissar (over)reacts to this.

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss   Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:49 pm

Hmmmmmm........controversy surrounding the Patriots*.....I just can't belive it!

Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss 1072540953

This was one of those games where I hate both teams soooooooo much, that I can't feel good about it no matter what the outcome. Although, it would have been better for us if the Ratbirds would have lost.

Btw, GODdell isn't going to a damn thing. It was HIS boy Brady's coach that grabbed a ref. All will be forgiven.

Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss   Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 4:07 pm

Bill had a reason to be pissed. Ravens won the game on a missed field goal.

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss   Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 5:41 pm

This whole season is screwed.

I predict a Lions/Bengals SB.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss   Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 5:56 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Bill had a reason to be pissed. Ravens won the game on a missed field goal.
I keep hearing people say that, but the kick was good. It was close, but it was good. It's deceptive because of the camera angle. I even saw a fan video from behind the goal post that made the kick look even more wide right. But that view is deceptive as well. The kick was angling right, and you can't tell where it was at when it went through (or by) the goal post. The ref on the right side had the best view. Look at this video at about the 25 second mark. To me, it clearly shows the ball inside the goal post. It went wide right after it went through (barely). Also, other than the one Patriots* player who signaled "no good," which isn't uncommon on close kicks, no other player gave any indication that the kick was no good. Based on their reactions, they thought it was good.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss   Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 6:02 pm

Alright, i'll give you that, but it's no lie that the refs kept the Ravens in the game. Several bad calls. Patriots* should have won it, and this is the first time I've EVER stood up for them. Better be the last time too.

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss   Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 6:04 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:

I think the 49ers if I were going to guess. (but how dare I...Season just started). I'm still pissed about the loss...ruined my whole day of hazing my coworkers.

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss   Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 6:17 pm

Kornbread wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:

I think the 49ers if I were going to guess. (but how dare I...Season just started). I'm still pissed about the loss...ruined my whole day of hazing my coworkers.

Haha...I'll agree that the 9ers have a good shot. I was just kidding, thinking that with how bad these refs suck that it would make it easier for the least likely teams to get in the SB. It's gonna be a loooong season, that's all I know.

Kornbread

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss   Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 6:28 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Well, all I know is that after that "league mandate" from Herr Goodell about the coaches and players laying off the replacement refs, I saw an awful lot of screaming and berating of them by several coaches today. I can't wait to see how Der Kommissar (over)reacts to this.

I would bet they won't do nothing to him. The Pats* are the "Chosen One's'" from what I read.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss   Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 8:03 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Great teams overcome adversity, they don't make excuses.

IMO, anyone blaming the officiating for losing (or winning) the game is just looking for an excuse. Yeah there are some bad calls, but let's face it if the defenses made a play here and there then it wouldn't come down to the refs.

The refs didn't give up a 64 yard run. They didn't give up a 30 yard pass play. Maybe they have missed a few calls but I think they're doing a good job. And honestly, I like the fact that we're actually seeing some real football not some pansy league where everyone is protected (except the defense).

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss   Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss Empty

Back to top Go down

Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots* loss
Page 1 of 1