Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeJames Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice

Go down 
+7
RoethlisbergersLG78
Bays
solardave
fer69
stlrtruck
Wallace108
Buddha Bus
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice Empty
PostSubject: James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:07 pm

James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice 1505004552 James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice 1505004552 James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice 1505004552 James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice 1505004552 James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice 1505004552 James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice 1505004552

James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice 2913999526 James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice 2913999526 James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice 2913999526 James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice 2913999526 James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice 2913999526 James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice 2913999526 James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice 2913999526

Report: James Harrison Leaves Steelers Facility Prior To Wednesday Practice

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/09/report-james-harrison-leaves-steelers-facility-prior-to-wednesday-practice/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers+Depot+Blog%29

Stick a fork in him, I think he's done. No

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:09 pm

Quote :
Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette
LB James Harrison left #steelers facility in street clothes before practice. Not a good sign

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:15 pm

Once again, Kaboly was on to something.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:17 pm

Knowing Harrison the way I do (through his own comments, twitter and FB accounts), I believe he may be frustrated to the point that it's going to be ugly for someone when he does return to the field.

We all know he's had health issues the last few years, especially his back. Now throw in a bad knee and it makes one wonder - how much longer does he have in a Steelers uniform? Would he recover well enough to play in 2013 if he didn't play the rest of this year?

All that poses the final question. Who is the next great Steelers LB to step up to the plate and make us forget the Silverback? Looking at the roster, I believe he's in next year's draft.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:20 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Knowing Harrison the way I do (through his own comments, twitter and FB accounts), I believe he may be frustrated to the point that it's going to be ugly for someone when he does return to the field.

We all know he's had health issues the last few years, especially his back. Now throw in a bad knee and it makes one wonder - how much longer does he have in a Steelers uniform? Would he recover well enough to play in 2013 if he didn't play the rest of this year?

All that poses the final question. Who is the next great Steelers LB to step up to the plate and make us forget the Silverback? Looking at the roster, I believe he's in next year's draft.

I really think this is the beginning of the end for Harrison in a Steelers uniform. If he doesn't see the field this year, I see the team cutting ties. He costs way too much to keep around if he can't play.

Anyone know how many years are left on his contract?

I agree his replacement is going to have to be found in the next draft. Neither Worilds or Carter have shown enough to make anyone think they are the answer. Our LB well has finally dried up and needs refilling.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:24 pm

maybe he was hungry for some steak and waffles James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice 2087824411

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:25 pm

fer69 wrote:
maybe he was hungry for some steak and waffles James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice 2087824411

Or his knee is jacked all to fuck and back. James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice 2087824411

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:27 pm

Or maybe he was told to go rest his knee and it's just a R&R thing since we are in the BYE week.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:40 pm

stlrtruck wrote:

I have to agree that Harrison's heir is not in uniform at this time. I was hoping it would be Carter or Worilds but neither one fits or Woodley we be pinning his ears back instead of dropping into coverage. I know a lot of that has to do with Troy being out but the fact is we need pressure from both sides in LeBeau's defense. We're surely not getting it from the middle.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:45 pm

solardave wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

I have to agree that Harrison's heir is not in uniform at this time. I was hoping it would be Carter or Worilds but neither one fits or Woodley we be pinning his ears back instead of dropping into coverage. I know a lot of that has to do with Troy being out but the fact is we need pressure from both sides in LeBeau's defense. We're surely not getting it from the middle.

Our LBing corps is a mess right now. Harrison is out, Spence is done for the year, Sylvester is MIA, Timmons is still underperforming, Carter is mediocre, and Woodley is being utilized poorly. The only bright spot is Foote, who most believed would be our weakest link before the season started. UGH!

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:58 pm

Not liking this, but to be honest, I wasn't exactly relying on Harrison to be the savior of our defense in the first place. He's 34 years old, and his ability to get to the QB has diminished in the past three years. If he's going to be effective, I doubt it'll be day one that he's back. Once he's into a rhythm, he'll get to the QB.

If Harrison needs another surgery, i'd stick a fork in him.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:59 pm

bayz101 wrote:

There are micro-fracture rumblings.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 5:00 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

Let's hope their just rumblings.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 5:01 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

Let's hope their just rumblings.

Or just a little gas. James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice 3798349058

Back to top Go down
RoethlisbergersLG78

RoethlisbergersLG78

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 9:10 pm

Harrison is done....do we have his replacement by putting Carter or Worilds there or do we draft a linebacker first round?
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 11:48 pm

RoethlisbergersLG78 wrote:
Harrison is done....do we have his replacement by putting Carter or Worilds there or do we draft a linebacker first round?
Right now, I'm with those who think he could be done. But I don't think that necessarily means they have to reach for a LB with their first pick. We got Woodley in the second, Joey Porter in the third, and Greg Lloyd in the sixth. And Harrison was undrafted. So if the player they want is there, yeah they should take him. But they've proved that they can get quality linebackers later in the draft.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 1:59 am

RoethlisbergersLG78 wrote:

I say we draft a LB 1rst and second hoping we get another Woodley.(in the second) or maybe just draft another OL in the 1rst and take a LB in round 2.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 3:36 am

two numbers 4-3 defense

Tomlin starts up the tampa 2 defense which came from the 70s Steel Curtin James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice 611739232 James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice 1797695198

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 4:08 am

I would rather see us get a safety or a corner with the first pick. We got a good lineman with DeCastro this year but we could have had Hightower with the first pick as well.

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: On the Steelers: Harrison suffers another setback   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 4:10 am

It was a bye week for his teammates. For linebacker James Harrison, it turned into a goodbye week.

The hope that the five-time Pro Bowl linebacker expressed about the condition of his left knee after practicing Tuesday, turned to disappointment Wednesday when he left the Steelers training facility before practice because his knee bothered him.

"It's a little bit of a setback," said agent Bill Parise, who spoke with Harrison after he went home. "Hopefully, it's not something that will derail our plans."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-harrison-suffers-another-setback-654988/#ixzz27eiBvHxG

fer69

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 7:39 am

James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice 2913999526 James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice 2913999526

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Kornbread

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 2:48 pm

Grief................your such a buzz kill!

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 7:58 pm

Kornbread wrote:
Grief................your such a buzz kill!

I know but it is reality Harrison is getting to that age where he will not be playing many more games.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 11:21 am

What makes me nervous is that there doesn't appear to be the "next guy in waiting." When Porter was a backup, he made plays whenever he got on the field, and I kept thinking, "Why the hell isn't this guy starting?" I thought the same thing when Harrison was a backup. I don't get that same feeling with any of the backups currently on the roster.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 11:37 am

James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice 512807920 BRING BACK THADDEUS GIBSON!!!

James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice 2800024739

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice   James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice Empty

Back to top Go down

James Harrison leaves Steelers facility prior to practice
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next