Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns)

Go down 
+2
vasteeler
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns) Empty
PostSubject: Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns)   Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns) EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 10:23 am

Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns) Browns_gameday_header_46026

Be sure to check out the chat and live game page during the game. To access the chat, click on the picture below:

To access the live game page, which includes the chat, PM a request to a mod or admin.

The chat is universal. It's the same chat regardless of which page you are viewing it on. During the game, most of us will be on the chat. After the game, the chat will be shut down and we'll return here to the Steelers forum for post-game discussions.

This thread will remain open, and anyone who doesn't want to participate in the chat can post here during the game.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns)   Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns) EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 10:28 am

i cant decide if i want them to win this game or not. the homer in me wants them do destroy the browns but the realist knows draft spots are at stake

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns)   Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns) EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 10:31 am

Living in Northeast Ohio and knowing a lot of Browns fans, Steelers-Browns games are always a big deal, regardless of their respective records. But there's absolutely no emotion for this game. The Browns fans I know haven't said a word to me, and I haven't said a word to them. This feels more like a bye week than a Steelers-Browns game day. But I'll be sitting there watching at 1 p.m. In my mind, I'll be thinking that a loss won't be a bad thing ... it'll stress the need for some change and give us a better draft pick. But once the game starts, in my heart, I'll be rooting for the Black and Gold like it's a playoff game.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns)   Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns) EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 1:39 pm

I'd kinda like to see some offense now. Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns) 792589548

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns)   Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns) EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 2:04 pm

Well, it looks like the offensive line is in mid-season form. Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns) 294855916

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns)   Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns) EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 2:05 pm

And when it DOES block, the damn receivers aren't getting separation.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns)   Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns) EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 2:12 pm

Nice run by Redman. At times, each of our running backs looks awesome. Then at other times ...

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns)   Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns) EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 4:57 pm

Well, it wasn't the ending we wanted, but we have to be happy with the way they finished. Despite a disappointing season, playing in a meaningless game, and getting off to a slow start, the team didn't quit. The way the offense and defense responded in the second half and absolutely dominated the Browns is a credit to the players and coaches. The players didn't quit on the coaches, and they didn't quit on each other. That's a positive sign for the future.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns)   Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns) EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 5:06 pm

Yea but I still wanted them to lose:hunch:
Picking at #14 would have been a lot better IMO

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns)   Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns) EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 5:11 pm

My game balls go to Cortez Allen and Lawrence Timmons.

Another good game by Allen. The thinking right now is that Allen makes Keenan Lewis expendable, much like Lewis made William Gay expendable. I look at it differently. With Ike getting up there in age, they need to find a way to re-sign Lewis. Lewis and Allen on the corners for years to come sounds really good to me.

Timmons has really taken his game to a higher level this year. I already can't wait to watch him next season.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns)   Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns) EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 5:18 pm

fer69 wrote:
Yea but I still wanted them to lose:hunch:
Picking at #14 would have been a lot better IMO
A lot of fans thought that way, and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't in the back of my mind was well. But we've had tons of success the past few decades even though we routinely pick late in the first round. I think having the team not quit and showing a winning attitude is more important than moving up a few spots in the draft. In reality, this game wasn't as meaningless as we thought it was. We learned a lot about this team today. And I think what we learned is positive for the future. It's more important for a team to have heart and desire than a higher draft pick.

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns)   Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns) EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 8:19 pm

Originally I had said that a loss would be a better way to end the season, but I take that back. We needed this win to even our record out and salvage some team pride to bring into next year. This team knows they can win ball games if they just play together make plays when their numbers are called.

8-8, not so great, but I can't wait for the Ravens to get beat in Baltimore by the Colts!

effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns)   Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns) EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 8:35 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
but I can't wait for the Ravens to get beat in Baltimore by the Colts!
Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns) 1797695198 Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns) 1664291743 Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns) 1549491426 Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns) 3562723908
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns)   Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns) Empty

Back to top Go down

Tailgating and Game thread (Steelers vs. Browns)
Page 1 of 1