Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeQ&A with Jack Bicknell Jr. Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Q&A with Jack Bicknell Jr.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Q&A with Jack Bicknell Jr. Empty
PostSubject: Q&A with Jack Bicknell Jr.   Q&A with Jack Bicknell Jr. EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 8:26 pm

Q&A with new offensive line coach Jack Bicknell ...

Quote :

Q. After a game, is there a statistic that tells you the offensive line played well?

A. Rushing yardage. I always look to that. The protection stuff will take care of itself, but if you’re able to run the ball at people then that opens up everything else – you have the play-action game, you’re not in third-and-13 all day. The biggest thing I want to be able to do is run the football.

READ MORE: http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/A-QA-with-Jack-Bicknell-Jr/61a61b73-f9d0-4f0c-b954-976205dc383c

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Jack Bicknell Jr.   Q&A with Jack Bicknell Jr. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:43 am

Quote :
Q. Is there a specific number that’s the dividing line between good-enough and needs-to-get-better?

A. You would love to get 5 yards a carry. That would be great. But what’s more important is how many yards did you gain on that team? Did you gain 250 yards? That’s a pretty good day. Did you gain 50 yards? That’s not good enough. There’s a lot that goes into the stats, such as a back could have one long run and the rest of the time you’re getting your butt kicked. But if you can walk off that field and know that we just dominated the opponent physically, that is the most important stat.

Domination....I like the sound of it.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Q&A with Jack Bicknell Jr. 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Jack Bicknell Jr.   Q&A with Jack Bicknell Jr. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:32 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Domination....I like the sound of it.
I think that's what has been missing from this team. They used to just impose their will on other teams. That doesn't happen anymore.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Jack Bicknell Jr.   Q&A with Jack Bicknell Jr. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:12 pm

Willie Colon was the greatest example of offensive domination, intensity and "setting the pace". Unfortunately, he was also the greatest example of an injury-prone player. Story of his career, really.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Jack Bicknell Jr.   Q&A with Jack Bicknell Jr. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:44 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Willie Colon was the greatest example of offensive domination, intensity and "setting the pace". Unfortunately, he was also the greatest example of an injury-prone player. Story of his career, really.
True. I also liked Kemo's aggressiveness. He just couldn't play smart to match the aggressiveness. We need linemen to have both.

Back to top Go down
exncite
Xtreme Newb
exncite

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Jack Bicknell Jr.   Q&A with Jack Bicknell Jr. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 5:03 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

Quote :

Q. After a game, is there a statistic that tells you the offensive line played well?

A. Rushing yardage. I always look to that. The protection stuff will take care of itself, but if you’re able to run the ball at people then that opens up everything else – you have the play-action game, you’re not in third-and-13 all day. The biggest thing I want to be able to do is run the football.

READ MORE: http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/A-QA-with-Jack-Bicknell-Jr/61a61b73-f9d0-4f0c-b954-976205dc383c

Man is that sweetness to these old ears! Q&A with Jack Bicknell Jr. 1372836603

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Jack Bicknell Jr.   Q&A with Jack Bicknell Jr. EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 8:09 am

exncite wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Quote :

Man is that sweetness to these old ears! Q&A with Jack Bicknell Jr. 1372836603
The promise of a good running game is starting to rival the promise of a good O-line. We keep getting teased and teased ...

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Jack Bicknell Jr.   Q&A with Jack Bicknell Jr. EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:38 pm

we got some young talent for the o-line i'm just waiting to see what happens. also year two in Haley's offense.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Q&A with Jack Bicknell Jr.   Q&A with Jack Bicknell Jr. Empty

Back to top Go down

Q&A with Jack Bicknell Jr.
Page 1 of 1