Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWallace turned down 10 Million a year Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Wallace turned down 10 Million a year

Go down 
+3
Mach1
solardave
Bays
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bays

Bays

Wallace turned down 10 Million a year Empty
PostSubject: Wallace turned down 10 Million a year   Wallace turned down 10 Million a year EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:32 pm

Report: Mike Wallace turned down $10 million a yr deal from the Steelers

by Pro Football Zone:
2/3/13

According to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, it looks like the Steelers and wide receiver Mike Wallace will part ways with one another this offseason after he turned down a five-year $10 million contract offer last year. They gave him their best offer last year, reportedly averaging $10 million annually over five years, and he turned it down.

They stopped negotiating with Wallace once camp started and he did not show up, and quickly turned their attention to (Antonio) Brown. He signed a five-year contract for $42.5 million that included an $8.5 million signing bonus.

It’s pretty shocking that Wallace turned down such a generous offer. I would love to know how much money he’s looking for. I can’t imagine Wallace getting over $10 million per year deal from any team.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/report_mike_wallace_turned_down_10_million_a_yr_deal_from_the_steelers/12828352
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

See ya later alligator.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Wallace turned down 10 Million a year   Wallace turned down 10 Million a year EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 12:45 am

Just another case of greed (if this report is in fact true and it looks like it is). What did he do last year to say.... he's worth it. Not even close. Good luck Mike you're going to need it.

Tons of potential but like we've heard,the NFL doesn't pay veterans for POTENTIAL!
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Wallace turned down 10 Million a year   Wallace turned down 10 Million a year EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 12:47 am

Don't let the door hit ya.

As much as I hate to see him go.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Wallace turned down 10 Million a year   Wallace turned down 10 Million a year EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 3:14 am

He's not worth 10 million a year, especially with last years performance.

Oh, and before anyone says anything about Brown and his 45 million, please keep in mind that Brown was statistically our leading receiver before injury and on pace for 1,100 yards and 8 touchdowns, not to mention we're unsure of how many years Wallace's deal was for. He could of been 70 million richer for all we know, and we probably WON'T know.

As much as I hate to see him go, I don't like greed. He's been injury-free his entire career and he's fighting for money like he's nearing an ACL tear every time he steps on the field.

I believe his performance last year was reminiscent of someone playing it safe with hopes of striking a big deal, and not someone that wants to contribute for an offense hoping to lead it's team to the playoffs, and that's why him leaving won't hurt as much to me as it will to others.

I'm not bitter. Don't bring the training camp shit into this, because honestly, i'm over that. I've NEVER liked his attitude, his desire or his willingness to stretch out and make plays happen, and last year certainly didn't change my mind about those feelings, either.

It'll hurt us if he leaves, but it's nothing major. If our O-Line steps it up we can throw touchdowns to the water boy with Ben playing QB.

Best of luck in Arizona, Mike.

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Wallace turned down 10 Million a year   Wallace turned down 10 Million a year EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:36 am

I don't understand him what is he looking for, he is no Fitzgerald and will not receive that kind of money. All I can say is don't let the door hit you in the ass Wallace.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Wallace turned down 10 Million a year   Wallace turned down 10 Million a year EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:36 am

He will get what he wants....no question about that.

Steelers "soured" him last year. Their heavy-handed approach to non-negotiating isn't going to work anymore with modern excellent players. I don't blame Wallace for tanking his playing last year. He doesn't owe Steelers anything and the last thing he needed last year was to get injured making some spectacular play on the ball. Between what Steelers paid him in 2012 and what he would have got on the open market with another team, Wallace lost $millions in oppurtunity pay. Anyone here reading this would be pissed off too if their heavy-handed employer cost them $millions in potential monies.

That Steelers' mantra of "Steelers are great, Steelers are family, every player should feel lucky and happy to be included as a Steeler" just doesn't cut it in today's NFL where the players are as much about "business" as are the teams. It mau have worked 10 years ago or even 5 years ago but not anymore.

Steelers have this nasty habit of handing out big contracts to old, broken down players and then wondering why their salary cap sucks.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wallace turned down 10 Million a year   Wallace turned down 10 Million a year EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:42 am

If it's true that Wallace turned down $10 million a year, then he's an idiot. It really doesn't matter at this point though. I can't think of any scenario where he returns next season.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Wallace turned down 10 Million a year   Wallace turned down 10 Million a year EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 7:36 am

Gotassman wrote:
He will get what he wants....no question about that.

Steelers "soured" him last year. Their heavy-handed approach to non-negotiating isn't going to work anymore with modern excellent players. I don't blame Wallace for tanking his playing last year. He doesn't owe Steelers anything and the last thing he needed last year was to get injured making some spectacular play on the ball. Between what Steelers paid him in 2012 and what he would have got on the open market with another team, Wallace lost $millions in oppurtunity pay. Anyone here reading this would be pissed off too if their heavy-handed employer cost them $millions in potential monies.

That Steelers' mantra of "Steelers are great, Steelers are family, every player should feel lucky and happy to be included as a Steeler" just doesn't cut it in today's NFL where the players are as much about "business" as are the teams. It mau have worked 10 years ago or even 5 years ago but not anymore.

Steelers have this nasty habit of handing out big contracts to old, broken down players and then wondering why their salary cap sucks.

I'll say this. Any time a player is auditioning and doesn't perform he only hurts himself. If he in fact turned down 10 million then he should take his "business" elsewhere. Take his dropped balls and his piss poor attitude down the road!
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Wallace turned down 10 Million a year   Wallace turned down 10 Million a year EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 8:30 am

I don't see any team paying that after last season. They would be stupid to do so.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Wallace turned down 10 Million a year   Wallace turned down 10 Million a year EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 8:38 am

JonM229 wrote:
I don't see any team paying that after last season. They would be stupid to do so.

Exactly we can get a good receiver in this years draft.

PostSubject: Re: Wallace turned down 10 Million a year   Wallace turned down 10 Million a year Empty

Back to top Go down

Wallace turned down 10 Million a year
Page 1 of 1