Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWallace on a one-year Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Wallace on a one-year

Go down 
+26
PhantomJB93
SteelerEmpire
kan_t
Hawaii 5-0
schillah
Steelcitian
EbonySteel86
Bays
Fire Arians
IowaSteeler927
WVABE
SteelerFreak58
El-Gonzo Jackson
SteelersYak
OX1947
Stryker
SoCalFan
jak341
FrancoLambert
effyou515
Lokki
LambertWardSteel
fer69
harrison'samonster
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
DesertSteel
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

Wallace on a one-year Empty
PostSubject: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 4:13 pm

Bring back Wallace on a one-year at a reasonable price. Win-win. Helps us get over the loss of Bryant (either get him back or develop his replacement) and it gives Wallace a shot to re-establish himself as a deep threat on the market in 2017.

Where does he sign?
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 4:22 pm

Sounds good in theory but for some reason I just don't see it happening. Maybe I'm wrong though.
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 4:24 pm

hard to say, beyond just not ever developing into a team player and more than a deep threat, I seem to remember he caused major problems in the locker room.

everybody can change, but I think with DHB and Coates and now Green on the roster the Steelers can afford to pass on Wallace.

Or...

one year, vet minimum, and he has to hang glide into the stadium for every game.

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 5:09 pm

Mike Wallace scheduled to visit Ravens Monday

Posted by Josh Alper on March 13, 2016, 7:42 AM EDT

Wide receiver Mike Wallace has been linked to the Ravens since he was released by the Vikings and that connection could turn into a contract on Monday.

Don Banks of Sports Illustrated reports that Wallace will visit with the Ravens to kick off the week. It’s the first visit that Wallace has taken since parting ways with the Vikings.

Banks adds that the Ravens are only interested in signing Wallace on a “low-budget deal,” which might be the reality for Wallace after three years of underwhelming production after signing a big deal with the Dolphins as a free agent. Wallace averaged over 17 yards per catch in his first four seasons, but has failed to crack 13 yards per catch in the three years since he left the Steelers.

The Ravens have Steve Smith returning from a torn Achilles and Breshad Perriman coming back from the knee injury that wiped out his entire rookie season, leaving Kamar Aiken and Marlon Brown as the surest things at wideout. That should mean opportunities for Wallace if his stay in Baltimore extends past Monday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/teams/afc/baltimore-ravens/

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 6:11 pm

This thought kind of crossed my mind when the Bryant story came up. Mainly because he had expressed interest in returning last year, and is a FA with seemingly little interest. An argument could be made for him either way on some of the things he did and didn't do on the field in Pittsburgh. But maybe too much baggage there for them to consider him. That said I never thought we'd have seen Burress back but that ended up happening.

Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 6:30 pm

fer69 wrote:
Mike Wallace scheduled to visit Ravens Monday

Posted by Josh Alper on March 13, 2016, 7:42 AM EDT

Wide receiver Mike Wallace has been linked to the Ravens since he was released by the Vikings and that connection could turn into a contract on Monday.

Don Banks of Sports Illustrated reports that Wallace will visit with the Ravens to kick off the week. It’s the first visit that Wallace has taken since parting ways with the Vikings.

Banks adds that the Ravens are only interested in signing Wallace on a “low-budget deal,” which might be the reality for Wallace after three years of underwhelming production after signing a big deal with the Dolphins as a free agent. Wallace averaged over 17 yards per catch in his first four seasons, but has failed to crack 13 yards per catch in the three years since he left the Steelers.

The Ravens have Steve Smith returning from a torn Achilles and Breshad Perriman coming back from the knee injury that wiped out his entire rookie season, leaving Kamar Aiken and Marlon Brown as the surest things at wideout. That should mean opportunities for Wallace if his stay in Baltimore extends past Monday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/teams/afc/baltimore-ravens/

He's a perfect fit there. Run the go route, can't catch the ball. Draws PI flag. That's what the Ravens offense relies on.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 9:25 pm

Mike Wallace a Steeler again. Wallace on a one-year 3562723908

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 9:34 pm

No way Tomlin and Colbert bring him back. We're not desperate for talent at WR.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 10:33 pm

If we are absolutely talent depleted, than I would at least kick the tires. I think we will end up rolling with Wheaton / Coates battling it out for #2.

Perhaps we draft a WR in the lower rounds, or scour the waiver wire after training camps commence to add a practice squad / special teams / developmental player.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 10:40 pm

jak341 wrote:
If we are absolutely talent depleted, than I would at least kick the tires. I think we will end up rolling with Wheaton / Coates battling it out for #2.

Perhaps we draft a WR in the lower rounds, or scour the waiver wire after training camps commence to add a practice squad / special teams / developmental player.  

OR! Future HOF Shakim Phillips.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 11:28 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
No way Tomlin and Colbert bring him back.  We're not desperate for talent at WR.

We're desperate enough to keep a dope head.
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 12:41 am

My guess is Wallace has lost quite a few steps from what he once was. Moving right along... Wallace on a one-year 1841364231

Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 1:30 am

Wallace on a one-year 272

"It was time to go to the mattresses if you will" - Mike Tomlin

The worst tragedy in the world is running out of a pack of Luckies
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 2:34 am

Unmotivated, step slower, which might as well be one foot in the grave. Wallace will be out of the league in 2 years unless he wants to be a 3 or 4th wide receiver for the remainder of his career. Wasted talent in my book. Never improved. Continues to decline.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 9:47 am

Hines Ward.... Wallace on a one-year 2893009358 Wallace on a one-year 1401235891

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 11:42 am

You haters are kidding right? Wallace left Pittsburgh 3 seasons ago. Do you think he got considerably slower in 3 years....Really???

If you have Ryan Tannehill and Teddy Bridgewater trying to get you the football instead of Ben, it makes a difference. The guy got paid and if he ends up with another quality QB, he still has likely has 3 good seasons left in him if he has the desire and attitude to be successful.

I have no problem if the Steelers talk to him about a return. He has the ability, Ben would get him the ball 50-60 times a season if he has the right attitude. But, with Brown, Wheaton, Coates, DHB, Bell, Green...I don't see them needing to spend on another free agent.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 11:57 am

1 year contract vet minimum. Bam take it or leave it!
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 12:18 pm

come on man!
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 12:33 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I like your thinking. But will probably see the Ravens sign him for 3 year $10 million and he will run past the Steelers secondary for 2TD's a season against the Steelers.
Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 12:48 pm

Sure why not don't all X Steelers want to come back and retire as a Steeler.

NO

HE'S TROUBLE
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 12:49 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I like your thinking.  But will probably see the Ravens sign him for 3 year $10 million and he will run past the Steelers secondary for 2TD's a season against the Steelers.

The FO should call Wallace and say "If you're signing with The Ravens then we're drafting Keanu Neal."
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 1:01 pm

No way. Wallace is a lockeroom cancer. We don't need him resurrecting the "Young Money Crew" name and turning the WR group into something about themselves rather than the team.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 1:06 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
You haters are kidding right?  Wallace left Pittsburgh 3 seasons ago.  Do you think he got considerably slower in 3 years....Really???

If you have Ryan Tannehill and Teddy Bridgewater trying to get you the football instead of Ben, it makes a difference.  The guy got paid and if he ends up with another quality QB, he still has likely has 3 good seasons left in him if he has the desire and attitude to be successful.

I have no problem if the Steelers talk to him about a return.  He has the ability, Ben would get him the ball 50-60 times a season if he has the right attitude.  But, with Brown, Wheaton, Coates, DHB, Bell, Green...I don't see them needing to spend on another free agent.

Steelers pick recievers like I pick hot women. Why would you bring back a malcontent? You have 3 receivers, LB and Green now. Roll with those guys, Dont need a premadonna who never was.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 1:23 pm

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I like your thinking.  But will probably see the Ravens sign him for 3 year $10 million and he will run past the Steelers secondary for 2TD's a season against the Steelers.

The FO should call Wallace and say "If you're signing with The Ravens then we're drafting Keanu Neal."

I'd still rather have somebody with some more cover skills than an in the box hitter like Neal. Mitchell is already that guy, IMO. Still like Thompson and Bell in coverage, Cash, Killebrew and Neal in the box as SS.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 1:29 pm

OX1947 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
You haters are kidding right?  Wallace left Pittsburgh 3 seasons ago.  Do you think he got considerably slower in 3 years....Really???

If you have Ryan Tannehill and Teddy Bridgewater trying to get you the football instead of Ben, it makes a difference.  The guy got paid and if he ends up with another quality QB, he still has likely has 3 good seasons left in him if he has the desire and attitude to be successful.

I have no problem if the Steelers talk to him about a return.  He has the ability, Ben would get him the ball 50-60 times a season if he has the right attitude.  But, with Brown, Wheaton, Coates, DHB, Bell, Green...I don't see them needing to spend on another free agent.

Steelers pick recievers like I pick hot women. Why would you bring back a malcontent? You have 3 receivers, LB and Green now. Roll with those guys, Dont need a premadonna who never was.

Wallace picked Miami for the $$ and targets, but Tannehill cant throw the deep ball. They trade him to Minnesota where he didn't want to go and Bridgewater doesn't get him the ball. Is he a malcontent or a guy that isn't happy because he is in places with mediocre QB's?? I don't know, you don't know....all we know is conjecture we read thru the media.

Wallace was comparing Stephone Diggs to a young Antonio Brown. Not really words of a prima donna. Again, I have no problem if the Steelers kick the tires on Wallace, as they will get an idea of his mindset and ability to play #2 to AB. I still don't think it happens here, but rather in Baltimore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year Empty

Back to top Go down

Wallace on a one-year
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next