Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHave Steelers given up on Worilds? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Have Steelers given up on Worilds?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Have Steelers given up on Worilds? Empty
PostSubject: Have Steelers given up on Worilds?   Have Steelers given up on Worilds? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 1:44 pm

From Dejan Kovacevic chat:

Quote :
Chris: Does the fact that the Steelers are still working with Harrison's agent mean that they have no faith in Jason Worilds or Chris Carter?

Dejan Kovacevic: It's a pretty powerful sign, yeah. I mean, just look at the circumstance. If Kevin Colbert and Mike Tomlin thought there was even a chance that Worilds, in particular, could hold down right outside linebacker -- you know, just like they seem legitimately confident Cortez Allen could hold down corner -- they'd have let Harrison walk. But they can't. They just can't.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/-topstories/3609354-74/dejan-kovacevic-season#ixzz2MyXH7CrN

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Have Steelers given up on Worilds?   Have Steelers given up on Worilds? EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 7:41 am

I think it is way to early to give up on Worlids he has had some injuries and playing behind Harrison don't help. I watched alot of him when he was in Virginia Tech the guy has a motor give the man a chance.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Have Steelers given up on Worilds?   Have Steelers given up on Worilds? EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 8:36 am

How long do u give a guy a "chance"

he is now entering his 4th year and he's had enough significant playing time to develop and hone his skills. He's a decent average player but those types of players should be expendable and replaceable.

He had potential when he was drafted. College ball was years ago. he hasn't become a star player. If a player comes along that has future "potential", Worilds is the kind of player u cut to make room.

Don't need bench warmers.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Have Steelers given up on Worilds?   Have Steelers given up on Worilds? EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 8:45 am

Gotassman wrote:

he is now entering his 4th year and he's had enough significant playing time to develop and hone his skills. He's a decent average player but those types of players should be expendable and replaceable.

He had potential when he was drafted. College ball was years ago. he hasn't become a star player. If a player comes along that has future "potential", Worilds is the kind of player u cut to make room.

Same with Harrison he was a late bloomer. remember?
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Have Steelers given up on Worilds?   Have Steelers given up on Worilds? EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 3:21 am

guess not they cut Harrison.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Have Steelers given up on Worilds?   Have Steelers given up on Worilds? EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 3:27 am

effyou515 wrote:
guess not they cut Harrison.
Yep. I think we got the answer to this question. Although I suspect Worilds will be just keeping the seat warm for the next great Steelers linebacker. And of course, I'd love nothing more than for Worilds to prove all the doubters (including me) wrong and have a breakout season.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Have Steelers given up on Worilds?   Have Steelers given up on Worilds? EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 8:35 am

Gotassman wrote:

I read where he has played enough snaps to equal to one year of playing time. To me this is not enough time to develop into a good football player. Hopefully he can stay healthy and show us what he can really do.

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Have Steelers given up on Worilds?   Have Steelers given up on Worilds? EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 12:03 pm

maybe he can break dance. Have Steelers given up on Worilds? 2829330259

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have Steelers given up on Worilds?   Have Steelers given up on Worilds? Empty

Back to top Go down

Have Steelers given up on Worilds?
Page 1 of 1