Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers release Harrison Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers release Harrison

Go down 
+7
Galax Steeler
solardave
effyou515
Drizztbob
fer69
Mach1
Wallace108
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers release Harrison Empty
PostSubject: Steelers release Harrison   Steelers release Harrison EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:42 pm

Quote :
By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

General manager Kevin Colbert has declared the Steelers are not a team in transition. Someone forgot to tell James Harrison that because the Steelers today released the former NFL defensive player of the year.

The Steelers had been negotiating with Harrison the past week, trying to work out a pay cut on a 2013 salary of $6.57 million. The five-time Pro Bowl linebacker was willing to do so, his agent said, but not enough of one to satisfy the salary cap-strapped team.

"We could not get together financially at all,'' said Bill Parise, Harrison's agent who lives in Beaver County. "We certainly had agreed to take a paycut but apparently there was a difference in how much of a paycut we would take and how we would take it.

"It simply came down to money. It's all about the salary cap."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-release-james-harrion-678603/#ixzz2N48BcktZ

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Harrison   Steelers release Harrison EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:53 pm

Quote :
James Harrison (@jharrison9292) tweeted at 11:45 AM on Sat, Mar 09, 2013:

It's been a great run but all good things must come to a end. Thank you Steelers Nation I will miss you all!

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Harrison   Steelers release Harrison EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 3:04 pm

I guess it had to happen sooner or later. It still sucks ass.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Harrison   Steelers release Harrison EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 3:31 pm

It was gonna happen sooner or later

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Harrison   Steelers release Harrison EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 3:57 pm

Yep, you guys nailed it. It sucks, but it was going to happen sooner or later. The thing that worries me the most is losing Harrison's intensity. We need the defense to be nastier, not softer. Losing Harrison doesn't help. We said this before the start of last season, and it's even more true now ... they're going to need someone to step up and be a leader on the defense.

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Harrison   Steelers release Harrison EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 3:59 pm

losing the leadership isn't going to help any either.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Harrison   Steelers release Harrison EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 4:26 pm

Woodley better get his ass in NOT good shape "Great" shape IMHO

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Harrison   Steelers release Harrison EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 8:56 pm

Guess what our number pick will be this year??? OLB pass rushers Dion Jordan from Oregon or Jarvis Jones from Georgia. Might make moves to get both.

effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Harrison   Steelers release Harrison EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 3:20 am

if no one picks him up we get back for the vet min.

a lot of DE/OLBers in this draft.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Harrison   Steelers release Harrison EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 3:30 am

Quote :
Kovacevic: Harrison's exit comes with a cost

By Dejan Kovacevic

The first thought upon the Steelers' seismic release of James Harrison, a few minutes past noon Saturday, had nothing to do with whether it was the right move.

Of course it was.

Harrison, stubborn and strong-willed as ever, left Kevin Colbert and Mike Tomlin no choice. He could have taken a reasonable pay cut for a 35-year-old with a bad back, a bum knee and the overbearing $14 million he was due the next two seasons.

He didn't, and he's gone.

But first thought?

Not in this corner, sorry. My own had nothing to do with the dollars, decimal points or depth charts. Rather, it had to do with the sheer impact of it all. And it hit like a forearm to Tom Brady's blind side.

It had to do with the 2008 NFL Defensive Player of the Year award, the five Pro Bowls and the two championship rings.

It had to do with six years of starting with 66 1⁄2 sacks, 29 forced fumbles, a 62-33 record for the team and countless rattled teeth. Before and after hits.

It had to do with the greatest play any of us will witness in a Super Bowl, the 100-yard tour de force interception of Kurt Warner that should rank even above Santonio Holmes' catch for that sixth Lombardi.

It had to do with body-slamming that Browns fan in Cleveland.

READ MORE http://triblive.com/news/adminpage/3629414-74/harrison-steelers-player#ixzz2N7UQJEwN

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Harrison   Steelers release Harrison EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 5:16 am

I feel like he's earned the right to get paid but unfortunately we can't be the team to pay him that kind of money. The Brown's will sign him.
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Harrison   Steelers release Harrison EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 8:48 am

Drizztbob wrote:
Guess what our number pick will be this year??? OLB pass rushers Dion Jordan from Oregon or Jarvis Jones from Georgia. Might make moves to get both.

I would love to have Dion Jordan but I don't think we will get close to him unless we trade up in the draft which knowing the Steelers that won't happen.

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Harrison   Steelers release Harrison EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 10:51 am

as much as it sucks i think it was the right thing to do. i would have liked to see him stay one more year but not at his asking price. thanks for everything silverback Steelers release Harrison 2164293255

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Harrison   Steelers release Harrison EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 10:26 pm

I would love for the Steelers to draft Jones!!!

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Harrison   Steelers release Harrison EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 4:28 am

steelerdude15 wrote:
I would love for the Steelers to draft Jones!!!

Yea I would take Jones in a heart beat he would start from day one with us.

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Harrison   Steelers release Harrison EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:41 pm

Either one of those kids are year one starters. Impact performers who given an simplified Lebau scheme, can be inputted into the D to provide that pass rush we didn't have all of last season. THEN we may just see the talent of Heyward and Woirlds explode.

Steelers release Harrison 1426860608

Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Harrison   Steelers release Harrison EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 1:03 am

So Wallace is gone (now there's a shocker) and we lose Harrison.

You all can throw rocks at me, but I really do not have great expectations for next season.

Bye James -- I'll never forget your "longest run in superbowl history".

Steelers release Harrison We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Kornbread

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Harrison   Steelers release Harrison EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 2:14 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
So Wallace is gone (now there's a shocker) and we lose Harrison.

You all can throw rocks at me, but I really do not have great expectations for next season.

Bye James -- I'll never forget your "longest run in superbowl history".

Steelers release Harrison 3964572787 I am concerned myself. It will be interesting to see the finished roster for the upcoming season. I pray to GOD they leave Miller and Dwyer alone. (but I think they are locked in?)

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Harrison   Steelers release Harrison Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers release Harrison
Page 1 of 1