Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBouchette: Steelers Should Take A Running Back Next Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bouchette: Steelers Should Take A Running Back Next

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Bouchette: Steelers Should Take A Running Back Next Empty
PostSubject: Bouchette: Steelers Should Take A Running Back Next   Bouchette: Steelers Should Take A Running Back Next EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 12:43 pm

Quote :
PITTSBURGH (93-7 The Fan) – 93-7 The Fan Steelers insider and Post-Gazette reporter Ed Bouchette joined The Fan Morning Show on Friday to break down the NFL Draft.

The Steelers selected Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones with the 17th overall pick in Thursday night’s first round, and Bouchette applauded them for deciding to take Jones despite his poor combine performance.

“The Steelers not only showed patience- they showed they want a football player,” Bouchette said.

He also looked forward to the second round, and said that he hopes the Steelers use their next pick to improve their ground game.

“I prefer to see them take a running back,” Bouchette said. “If I were running the show, running back seems to me to be a more vital need than a wide receiver.”

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/04/26/ed-bouchette-steelers-should-take-a-running-back-next/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Bouchette: Steelers Should Take A Running Back Next   Bouchette: Steelers Should Take A Running Back Next EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 2:03 pm

I agree that RB is a more vital need than WR, but is it more vital than DB?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Bouchette: Steelers Should Take A Running Back Next 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bouchette: Steelers Should Take A Running Back Next   Bouchette: Steelers Should Take A Running Back Next EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 5:04 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
I don't see how safety isn't more important than any other position. Not only did we lose our top two backups, but Troy and Clark aren't getting any younger.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Bouchette: Steelers Should Take A Running Back Next   Bouchette: Steelers Should Take A Running Back Next EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 8:39 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
I don't see how safety isn't more important than any other position. Not only did we lose our top two backups, but Troy and Clark aren't getting any younger.

They lost their #1 rb,#1 wr, lg, lt, and #1 te(temporarily) on an offense that was 24th(?) in the league. They need an immediate impact on offense while defensive back and safety can be groomed for a year or two.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bouchette: Steelers Should Take A Running Back Next   Bouchette: Steelers Should Take A Running Back Next EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 11:25 am

supytalpeht wrote:
They lost their #1 rb,#1 wr, lg, lt, and #1 te(temporarily) on an offense that was 24th(?) in the league. They need an immediate impact on offense while defensive back and safety can be groomed for a year or two.
I certainly don't disagree that they have a lot of needs. That's the main reason I was hoping they could keep Harrison for at least another season. I just don't have a lot of confidence that Troy can stay healthy for an entire season. Allen played well in his place last season, but he's gone. We have two "old" safeties ... one of them is now prone to injury ... and we have no depth. If both Troy and Clark were to get injured (which isn't beyond the realm of possibility), our offense better be able to score 30-40 points per game.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bouchette: Steelers Should Take A Running Back Next   Bouchette: Steelers Should Take A Running Back Next Empty

Back to top Go down

Bouchette: Steelers Should Take A Running Back Next
Page 1 of 1