Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers hope rapport between Roethlisberger, Burress produces Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers hope rapport between Roethlisberger, Burress produces

Go down 
+2
stlrtruck
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers hope rapport between Roethlisberger, Burress produces Empty
PostSubject: Steelers hope rapport between Roethlisberger, Burress produces   Steelers hope rapport between Roethlisberger, Burress produces EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Quote :
By Alan Robinson

Ben Roethlisberger rolls to his right, looks downfield and spots Plaxico Burress in single coverage near the sideline. Burress catches the ball perfectly on his fingertips as he adeptly stays in bounds. The cornerback has no chance to defend because of Roethlisberger's pass placement and Burress' height and leaping ability.

It's just like old times for the Steelers passing game in Latrobe — or, more precisely, just like 2004. By NFL standards, it's almost ancient times. But while Burress no longer is the Steelers' primary receiver two weeks away from his 36th birthday, he still possesses recognizable ability and an unmistakable chemistry with Roethlisberger.

Or exactly the kind they developed during Roethlisberger's rookie season, when it was the 6-foot-5 Burress' playmaking ability that greatly accelerated the quarterback's learning curve and helped him become an overnight success. He even assisted Roethlisberger in choosing his outfit for his first national TV appearance with David Letterman.

Now, it is Roethlisberger who is trying to repay the favor, helping to extend Burress' career less than a year after it appeared to be over.

“We can diagram and understand a coverage with just us being out there and not getting a lot of reps,” Burress said Monday. “I think that's a rapport that a lot of quarterbacks and receivers dream about, but it kind of comes naturally to us. We can make adjustments on the fly. We see the same coverages, and we can come to the sideline and I can say something, and we know exactly what we're talking about. It's special.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4441128-74/burress-steelers-roethlisberger#ixzz2aUlMzHiH
I know it's only training camp, but I'm loving everything I'm hearing. I just said it in another thread, but I'll say it again ... this team is focused.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers hope rapport between Roethlisberger, Burress produces   Steelers hope rapport between Roethlisberger, Burress produces EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 1:46 pm

After last year's embarrassing run, especially with sub-par teams, they should be focused.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers hope rapport between Roethlisberger, Burress produces 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelHawk
Xtreme Newb
SteelHawk

PostSubject: Re: Steelers hope rapport between Roethlisberger, Burress produces   Steelers hope rapport between Roethlisberger, Burress produces EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:14 pm

Burress is going to surprise a lot of people this season and be a good compliment to the other receivers.

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers hope rapport between Roethlisberger, Burress produces   Steelers hope rapport between Roethlisberger, Burress produces EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 7:37 pm

The Steelers let the two big me me crybabies go in Wallace and Lewis.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Steelers hope rapport between Roethlisberger, Burress produces   Steelers hope rapport between Roethlisberger, Burress produces EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 2:10 pm

Our camp this year has been good for the most part. I like that.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers hope rapport between Roethlisberger, Burress produces   Steelers hope rapport between Roethlisberger, Burress produces EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 5:44 pm

effyou515 wrote:
The Steelers let the two big me me crybabies go in Wallace and Lewis.

In what way was Lewis a selfish player?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers hope rapport between Roethlisberger, Burress produces   Steelers hope rapport between Roethlisberger, Burress produces Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers hope rapport between Roethlisberger, Burress produces
Page 1 of 1