Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones

Go down 
+3
effyou515
stlrtruck
Wallace108
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones Empty
PostSubject: Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones   Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 12:43 pm

By Alan Robinson

The Steelers, not eager to start the season with the same mix of running backs that ended last season now that Le'Veon Bell is hurt, made a one-on-one trade Friday with the Philadelphia Eagles for former Cowboys first-round draft pick Felix Jones.

To acquire the 26-year-old Jones — who was in danger of not making the Eagles' roster — the Steelers sent undrafted free agent linebacker Adrian Robinson to the Eagles. Robinson, a second-year player who played at Temple University, played almost exclusively on special teams last season.

The trade, which will be finalized once Jones completes a physical, is a sign the Steelers don't expect Bell to be ready to start the season.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4582146-74/jones-season-yards#ixzz2coMyJkyN

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones   Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 4:01 pm

Felix Jones, when with Dallas, seemed to have that burst once he was able to get through the holes. I can't recall why he was ousted in Dallas, but I remember watching a few games where he was a beast, especially out of the backfield.

However, this doesn't sit well with me in regards to Bell's injury. Is something else going on with Bell that the Steelers aren't releasing yet?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones   Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 4:34 pm

Pittsburgh Steelers: Felix Jones traded to the Steelers

August 23, 2013 by Ryan Petrovich

The only explanation I could see is that Stephens-Howling’s knee is more troublesome than we believe it to be.

When I heard the news about Bell I become very eager to see what the Steelers would do in their third preseason game. I assume Redman will get the start but I was really wanting this to boost Stephens-Howling’s playing time. However, the team brings in Jones and Jones is not coming in to play special teams, he’s here to be a pure running back. Perhaps Stephens-Howling is worse off than we thought and Jones is now here to fill in for him. If that’s the case I can justify the Steelers’ actions of trading for him.

The Steelers running back carousel just keeps spinning around and around. What say you Steelers Nation, is bringing in Jones a good move by the team?

I think the FO brought him in because they have 3 RBs injured and they need some else healthy to run the ball the rest of the preseason so they don't run Dwyer and Batch in to the ground before the season starts.

Would like to see Jones show something these last two games.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones   Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 5:08 pm

Anyone wishing we would have nabbed up Bradshaw when we had the chance?

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones   Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:55 pm

Whyant5 wrote:
First of all .... what up Dubs? Damn good to see you around. Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones 230572241

On hindsight, I'd love to have Bradshaw in the mix right now. But quite honestly, I haven't followed how he's been doing, so I really don't know if he could have been a factor.

stlrtruck wrote:
Felix Jones, when with Dallas, seemed to have that burst once he was able to get through the holes. I can't recall why he was ousted in Dallas, but I remember watching a few games where he was a beast, especially out of the backfield.

However, this doesn't sit well with me in regards to Bell's injury. Is something else going on with Bell that the Steelers aren't releasing yet?
Jones had tons of talent, but he couldn't stay healthy. You're on to something about there being concerns with the running game, but I don't think Jones was brought in to contribute during the season. I'm thinking what Eff is thinking ...

effyou515 wrote:
I think the FO brought him in because they have 3 RBs injured and they need some else healthy to run the ball the rest of the preseason so they don't run Dwyer and Batch in to the ground before the season starts.
Yep ... I think Jones might be nothing more than a placeholder.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones   Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:57 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Whyant5 wrote:
First of all .... what up Dubs? Damn good to see you around. Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones 230572241
Hey Wally! Long time since I've been here. Life has been really busy (got all hitched up).

I was big on getting Bradshaw just based on the type of runner he is. Very north and south with a big frame. Problem is: could our line have made big enough holes for him? Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones 3135543967 

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones   Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 9:02 pm

Whyant5 wrote:
Hey Wally!  Long time since I've been here.  Life has been really busy (got all hitched up).  

I was big on getting Bradshaw just based on the type of runner he is.  Very north and south with a big frame.  Problem is:  could our line have made big enough holes for him?  Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones 3135543967 
Wait, what???? Forget football. You need to PM me and fill me in. Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones 2605341373

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones   Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 9:09 pm

Done. We could have always used the chatbox..... Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones 469886443 

Back to football....

I am skeptical of Jones (who wouldn't be of anyone the Cowgirls get rid of) and I would have loved Bradshaw or Jackson.... but I doubt we had the cap room for either of them.

So we will continue to running back by committee.... Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones 1505004552 

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones   Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:30 pm

Whyant5 wrote:
Done.  We could have always used the chatbox..... Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones 469886443 
I'm sure you've noticed that the chatbox is back. We used one last season, but it was on a separate page. It worked out better than I expected, so I decided to give the original one a try again. If we're going to have the game-day chat, I'd rather have it connected to the board than on a separate page. We'll see how it goes.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones   Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 1:13 am

Quote :
Andrew Says: Don’t Expect Much From Felix Jones

PITTSBURGH (93-7 The Fan) – The Steelers traded linebacker Adrian Robinson to the Eagles for running back Felix Jones who played five mostly injury filled seasons in Dallas after being selected one slot ahead of Rashard Mendenhall in the first round of the 2008 draft.

This is a guy who “can’t run anymore” according to The Fan’s Andrew Fillipponi’s friend in Philadelphia who covers the Eagles.

Jones is a “make you miss” type guy or at least he was. Jones is only 26-years-old but on his last legs.

This move is not likely to signal an unhappiness with the current Steelers running backs.

Andrew compares the newly-acquired rusher to the car he had in college. Felix Jones is a beater vehicle.

He will surely see action in the last two preseason games to keep guys like Dwyer and Redman fresh and healthy.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/08/23/andrew-says-dont-expect-much-from-felix-jones/

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones   Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 11:40 pm

Quote :
Steelers new back will get his chance

By Ron Musselman

PITTSBURGH -- Felix Jones made his debut in the Steelers’ banged-up backfield Saturday night, just one day after being acquired in a trade. He might stick around for a while.

Jones rushed for a team-high 29 yards on eight carries and averaged 3.6 yards per carry in a 26-20 preseason overtime loss to the Chiefs on Saturday. On Sunday, he survived the first round of Steelers cuts, where fellow running back Baron Batch did not.

Jones, picked up Friday from the Eagles in exchange for second-year outside linebacker Adrian Robinson, also had two kickoff returns for 51 yards, a 25.5 average.

“We had an opportunity to acquire a guy that’s a known commodity in the NFL,” Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. “We got him in here at the 11th hour. I thought he did a nice job in terms of preparing and being able to do something for us in the game.

“We’ll continue to get to know him.”

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/steelers-new-back-will-get-his-chance/article_a272f003-10f0-5976-9420-f9d7ff5345c5.html
I thought Jones looked good Saturday. He certainly looked better than Batch.

Back to top Go down
lvsteelersfan
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones   Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 3:35 pm

Whyant5 wrote:
As a matter of fact, NO to Bradshaw. He has been injured all preseason with foot problems. He would just be another Duce in sweats on the sideline.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones   Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 4:59 pm

Whyant5 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Whyant5 wrote:
Hey Wally!  Long time since I've been here.  Life has been really busy (got all hitched up).  

I was big on getting Bradshaw just based on the type of runner he is.  Very north and south with a big frame.  Problem is:  could our line have made big enough holes for him?  Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones 3135543967 

congrats dubs Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones 2708706202 

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones   Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 11:01 pm

Who even knows if Jones will make the fifty-three man roster. I would think that Le'Veon, Johnny, and Stephen would be the four backs making the team. Some have speculated that Jones was brought in for a reason and that he will make the team. It will be interesting to see how Felix does in the final preseason game vs the Panthers.

On a side note, congrats dubs on getting married and welcome back!

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones   Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 11:26 pm

Thanks VA and Steelerdude. I will actually be gone for 2 weeks to Italy (some honeymoon thing they say you gotta do after you get hitched) but then I will be back for realsies.

I am very hopeful that Bell is our number 1 guy. We just don't have any solid answers at running back which isn't good when we go run, run, pass.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones   Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 1:04 am

lvsteelersfan wrote:
As a matter of fact, NO to Bradshaw. He has been injured all preseason with foot problems. He would just be another Duce in sweats on the sideline.
Baby, if you're on the bench ... Yes, baby if your sweats are nice ... You know your running back isn't working hard ... he's worth a Duce. (KISS fans will get that Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones 2981382511)

Good to see you around again lv. Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones 230572241

steelerdude15 wrote:
Some have speculated that Jones was brought in for a reason and that he will make the team. It will be interesting to see how Felix does in the final preseason game vs the Panthers.
I assumed they brought him in as a body for the preseason games because of all the injuries. That could still be the case, but after the way he ran against the Chiefs, I think he deserves another look. Can't hurt.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones   Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:21 am

I'm interested to see what Jones does too. I'm also hoping his fragility has passed him by.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones   Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers trade with Eagles for RB Jones
Page 1 of 1