Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin

Go down 
+31
Atlanta Dan
JPPT1974
Lokki
SteelersYak
SteelerFreak58
Drizztbob
FrancoLambert
EbonySteel86
Master_Of_Puppets
SteelCityUnderground
SoCalFan
kirklandrules
Stella Nation
teegre
ImperialFan
harrison'samonster
OX1947
vasteeler
PhantomJB93
Fire Arians
BlackAndGold
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
kan_t
jak341
effyou515
pczach
El-Gonzo Jackson
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
SteelerSpartan
Bane
tony hipchest
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
tony hipchest

Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin Empty
PostSubject: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 8:29 pm

...for a conditional 5th round pick.

Better than a CB we would've selected with a 5th round pick.

. .
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 8:54 pm

Brandon Boykin in exchange for a conditional 5th round pick in the 2016 Draft is a steal. Boykin is one of the better slot cover guys in the NFL...
Back to top Go down
Bane
Xtreme Newb
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 9:06 pm

Great trade, and I'm glad we got Boykin, as he'll provide the splash plays we need, but this seems like a bad omen for Golson.

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Seems like little to give up to try an salvage our DB situation....

I do hope the Steelers are coming around to the idea that they can't just poo poo the CB position to the extent they have in the past though.

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 9:17 pm

I like it but do worry about Golson's health. It does seem the fo is learning that you need corners to do the job.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 10:38 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
I like it but do worry about Golson's health. o do the job.

I'm more concerned with shazier and Jones who were injured again today in practice.

. .
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 10:59 pm

tony hipchest wrote:

I'm more concerned with shazier and Jones who were injured again today in practice.

James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell -

Shazier left with low back strain. Doesn't look serious but Tomlin unsure.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 12:22 am

Ed BouchetteVerified account‏@EdBouchette -

Pro FB Focus ranked Boykin No. 21 overall among all NFL CBs, 19 in pass coverage, higher than any #Steelers CB in 2014

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/627636382165504000
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 1:00 am

Could be a steal if he replicates those numbers.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 3:04 am

Great pickup. Could mean he was on the trade block and Steelers got a good one...or they are worried about Cortez Allen's performance, or else its just a move to get somebody that will replace either Gay or Blake in 2016.
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 6:48 am

A 5th round pick is a steal for a proven NFL cornerback.

This is a great move by the Steelers and will upgrade the position and strengthen the depth of the secondary.

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 7:58 am

Tomlin must think he's a fits in as a cover 2 CB possible punt and kick returner. UGA leader in career kickoff return yards 2,663 second in SEC history

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 8:13 am

Duplicate

Last edited by jak341 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 8:13 am

I like this move. This adds a starter to the mix. I would be semi comfortable with Gay, Allen (assuming he starts), and Boykin.

As a side note, my great uncle is visiting and he is a big Eagles fan. Was surprised to hear Boykin was moved. Thought he was going to challenge for starter on outside CB. Thinks the Eagles got fleeced for a conditional 5th.
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:53 am

Love this trade. Like many said, a conditional 5th rounder for a proven and young CB is a steal.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 11:09 am

Came out of hiding to say this a great move
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 11:50 am

Brandon Boykin slams Chip Kelly after being traded by the Eagles

By Brandon Lee Gowton on Aug 2, 2015

Yikes.

With Chip Kelly having full control over the Eagles' player personnel department, there's no doubt it was his decision to trade Brandon Boykin to the Pittsburgh Steelers on Saturday evening. Now that Boykin is gone, he had some thoughts to share on his former coach. According to Derrick Gunn of CSN Philly, Boykin said the following message in a text:

"The truth is Chip is uncomfortable around grown men of our culture. He can't relate, and that makes him uncomfortable, he likes to be in total control of everything. Players can excel when you naturally let them be who they are and in my experience that hasn't been important to him. I'm forever grateful to Mr. Lurie, Howie, my teammates, and fans of Philadelphia."

Those are strong words.

Boykin isn't the only former Eagles player to criticize Chip Kelly after leaving the team. Earlier this offseason, LeSean McCoy accused Kelly of getting rid of the "good black players" on the team. Former Eagles assistant coach Tra Thomas once said there are players who feel like there's a "hint of racism" in Philadelphia's locker room.

to read rest of article:

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/8/2/9086381/brandon-boykin-chip-kelly-eagles-trade-quote-culture-steelers-cornerback-race
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 11:57 am

The draft pick turns into a 4th rounder if Boykins plays 60% of snaps.

Good chance of that happening. Last year our nickel corner played 60% of snaps

. .
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 12:04 pm

@AlbertBreer
Eagles coach Chip Kelly says Steelers called about Brandon Boykin all the way back at the draft.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/627862244685148160

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 12:09 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
The draft pick turns into a 4th rounder if Boykins plays 60% of snaps.

Good chance of that happening. Last year our nickel corner played 60% of snaps

Barring injury I expect it to be a 4th round pick.

Only thing I'd dislike is if he signs elsewhere next season. Maybe an extension after Beachum's contract?

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 12:22 pm

Chip Kelly: I don’t know why Brandon Boykin would say that

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 2, 2015

Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin Cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptyzzdcxzdbizjrjywqxntbkytc3mmy4ngrjzdfhy2ex-e1438529573881

Eagles coach Chip Kelly sounds shocked that Brandon Boykin, who was traded from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh yesterday, is suggesting racial motivations in the decision to trade him.

“I don’t know. In talking to him last night I think he was stunned, he was disappointed. He really liked it here,” Kelly said.

Kelly said that when he informed Boykin he had been traded, Boykin took it like a pro and didn’t express any hard feelings.

“When he left here last night he shook my hand and gave me a hug, didn’t say anything,” he said. “I like Brandon. I just don’t know. I really don’t know.”

Kelly said the Steelers, who gave up a 2016 draft pick for Boykin, have been calling the Eagles for months about acquiring him in a trade. The Steelers recently upped their offer to either a fourth-round pick or a fifth-round pick, depending on Boykin’s playing time, and that was the offer the Eagles accepted.

“They actively pursued him. They wanted to trade for him at the draft and we turned it down,” Kelly said.

to read rest of article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/02/chip-kelly-i-dont-know-why-brandon-boykin-would-say-that/
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 12:42 pm

40 year old pudgy white guy accused of being uncomfortable around giant, highly conditioned, black males. Real news at 11.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 1:56 pm

SUPERBOWL! Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin 1797695198
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 2:21 pm

So he's in a contract year huh......the big test for this FO is if he does come in and give us some great play....do they just let him walk

kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 2:37 pm

I would be surprise if the Steelers don't extend him. They're willing to give a 5th/4th rounder for him. I doubt they intend to keep him for just one year with that price.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next