Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers release Foote, Curtis Brown, and Levi Brown Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers release Foote, Curtis Brown, and Levi Brown

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers release Foote, Curtis Brown, and Levi Brown Empty
PostSubject: Steelers release Foote, Curtis Brown, and Levi Brown   Steelers release Foote, Curtis Brown, and Levi Brown EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 7:09 pm

The Steelers continued their roster moves today by making the obvious decision to release Levi Brown, as well as veterans Larry Foote and Curtis Brown.

The decision to cut Brown was one that was all but guaranteed going into the offseason because of the huge price tag from his contract while with the Arizona Cardinals which saves over $6.25 million for Pittsburgh.

Foote would be 34 by the start of the upcoming season and was scheduled to make $1.5 million the contract he was under with Pittsburgh.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014/3/5/5475064/cut-day-levi-brown-larry-foote-and-curtis-brown-released-ready-for

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Foote, Curtis Brown, and Levi Brown   Steelers release Foote, Curtis Brown, and Levi Brown EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 8:36 pm

I wonder if Foote will come back later at a veteran's contract?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers release Foote, Curtis Brown, and Levi Brown 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Foote, Curtis Brown, and Levi Brown   Steelers release Foote, Curtis Brown, and Levi Brown EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 10:36 am

stlrtruck wrote:
I wonder if Foote will come back later at a veteran's contract?

It's possible, I guess. But if we're going to see a linebacker return, I'd rather it be Spense.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Foote, Curtis Brown, and Levi Brown   Steelers release Foote, Curtis Brown, and Levi Brown EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 12:01 pm

I think Foote's days with Pittsburgh are over. Spence is a long shot for sure and, quite frankly, he has zero experience outside some preseason work.

I don't know if this is a sign that the Steelers have confidence in Vince Williams. They certainly invested in his experience last year and felt the lumps of his rookie mistakes early on. But that investment started to pay off late in the year as he cleaned up his game and looked like a starting ILB. The condition of the linebacking crew leaves me hoping (wishing) Williams is a stud in the making and that is why the Steelers released Foote. Steelers release Foote, Curtis Brown, and Levi Brown 1426860608
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Foote, Curtis Brown, and Levi Brown   Steelers release Foote, Curtis Brown, and Levi Brown EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 2:23 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
I think Foote's days with Pittsburgh are over. Spence is a long shot for sure and, quite frankly, he has zero experience outside some preseason work.

I don't know if this is a sign that the Steelers have confidence in Vince Williams. They certainly invested in his experience last year and felt the lumps of his rookie mistakes early on. But that investment started to pay off late in the year as he cleaned up his game and looked like a starting ILB. The condition of the linebacking crew leaves me hoping (wishing) Williams is a stud in the making and that is why the Steelers released Foote. Steelers release Foote, Curtis Brown, and Levi Brown 1426860608

Foote wasn't exactly a stud, so Williams just has to be decent to be of equal value. From a talent perspective, I think Williams is already as good as Foote. He just needs more experience. Even if Williams never ends up being a stud, I think we're no worse with him than with Foote. Now we just need to add some depth.

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Foote, Curtis Brown, and Levi Brown   Steelers release Foote, Curtis Brown, and Levi Brown EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 2:34 pm

I'm going to miss Larry and Lamarr Steelers release Foote, Curtis Brown, and Levi Brown 3096553220

I can't believe I am about to sound like my mother, but I long for the "good old days". The days when a player was with a team almost his entire career (think 70s Steelers). Seems like we just get to know a player (well, some of us do get attached), buy his jersey, and low and behold he is either cut or leaves for more money elsewhere.

Yep, I miss the NFL of yore

Steelers release Foote, Curtis Brown, and Levi Brown We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Foote, Curtis Brown, and Levi Brown   Steelers release Foote, Curtis Brown, and Levi Brown Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers release Foote, Curtis Brown, and Levi Brown
Page 1 of 1