Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers' Larry Foote rips owners for employee layoffs Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers' Larry Foote rips owners for employee layoffs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers' Larry Foote rips owners for employee layoffs Empty
PostSubject: Steelers' Larry Foote rips owners for employee layoffs   Steelers' Larry Foote rips owners for employee layoffs EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:59 am

Even though the Pittsburgh Steelers aren't among the NFL teams reducing costs by making employees take pay cuts and unpaid furloughs, linebacker Larry Foote is plenty mad at owners who are during the lockout.

"That's ridiculous. We all know through this lockout owners aren't losing money, they're making money," Foote told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

"To lay people off to save money. I don't know who they're trying to fool. How the heck are they laying people off? I don't get that part. That ain't right right there. That's affecting people's lives; they're not making millions of dollars, many of them are going check to check."

According to the Post-Gazette, Foote's anger came after reading the Lions were one of the teams taking cost-cutting measures. Foote, a former University of Michigan standout, lives near Detroit in the offseason.

"It's the first time I actually got mad when I read that the other day," he told the Post-Gazette. "They're going too far. That's ridiculous now. The owners are starting to make themselves look like the big companies that move people outside the country. I'm not talking about the Rooneys, I know what they're cut from."

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-05-29/steelers-larry-foote-rips-owners-for-employee-layoffs#ixzz1NpfOCywj

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/

Steelers' Larry Foote rips owners for employee layoffs
Page 1 of 1