Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeShazier "awesome" (article) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Shazier "awesome" (article)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Shazier "awesome" (article) Empty
PostSubject: Shazier "awesome" (article)   Shazier "awesome" (article) EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 2:11 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000379200/article/steelers-rookie-lb-ryan-shazier-awesome-in-debut

Rookie linebacker Ryan Shazier epitomizes the optimism for a new, younger, faster defense in Pittsburgh.

After missing 10 days with a knee injury, the first-round pick out of Ohio State didn't miss a beat. He was all over the field early in the Steelers' 19-16 preseason victory over the Buffalo Bills on Saturday.

The linebacker made four tackles on the Bills' opening drive alone and, for good measure, made a solo tackle on the next kickoff.

Then came his first career interception, and, boy, was it a beauty. Shazier displayed everything coaches have been raving about: speed, hip turn, route concepts, ball skills. In essence, the 6-foot-1, 237-pound linebacker looked like a safety

Read more:  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000379200/article/steelers-rookie-lb-ryan-shazier-awesome-in-debut

My new man is going to be GREAT!!!!!  Go Ryan!

Shazier "awesome" (article) 348340646

Shazier "awesome" (article) We_bel10
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Shazier "awesome" (article)   Shazier "awesome" (article) EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 2:15 pm

He is the LB version of Troy P. I'm hoping that this isn't his only game like this because man is it fun to watch.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Shazier "awesome" (article)   Shazier "awesome" (article) EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 3:01 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
He is the LB version of Troy P.  I'm hoping that this isn't his only game like this because man is it fun to watch.

I really believe that we'll be seeing him in the Steelers uniform for many years to come.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Shazier "awesome" (article) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Shazier "awesome" (article)   Shazier "awesome" (article) EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 4:12 pm

^^^ Agree Truck!^^^^

He's going to make mistakes -- after all, he IS a rookie.

I really think this kid is going to continue his playmaking as long as he stays healthy.  He has the talent, obviously (Tomlinism), but he also has incredible work ethic.

GOOOOOOOOO STEELERS!

Shazier "awesome" (article) We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Shazier "awesome" (article)   Shazier "awesome" (article) EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 10:22 pm

I'm going to refer back to an article that was written right after the draft:

Quote :
Ohio St. Defensive Coordinator On Ryan Shazier: Nobody Makes Big Plays Better

PITTSBURGH (93-7 The FAN) – Most fans seemed to be caught off guard by the Steelers drafting Ohio State linebacker Ryan Shazier with the 15th overall pick in the first round, so Ohio State co-defensive coordinator/linebackers coach Luke Fickell joined Starkey and Mueller to tell us what sort of player the Steelers just landed.

Things started out with Fickell telling us he has coached a lot of great players at Ohio State, but there is one key factor that separates Shazier from the rest of them.

“I’ve had the fortune of coaching a lot of really, really good ones; obviously, some great ones, but the one thing the guy has that I haven’t seen is the ability to make big plays,” said Fickell.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/05/09/ohio-st-defensive-coordinator-on-ryan-shazier-nobody-makes-big-plays-better/

I'd say Fickell was pretty accurate in his assessment.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Shazier "awesome" (article)   Shazier "awesome" (article) EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 2:07 am

What I saw was even when he seemed to be out of place his speed helped him to get to the ball.His tenacity reminds me of Jack Lambert.The interception was a thing of beauty. To sum it up. This kid is special.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Shazier "awesome" (article)   Shazier "awesome" (article) EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 8:06 am

solardave wrote:
What I saw was even when he seemed to be out of place his speed helped him to get to the ball.His tenacity reminds me of Jack Lambert.The interception was a thing of beauty. To sum it up. This kid is special.

He had a fantastic game but let's just remember that he has been injured already and it was just ONE game. I'm not counting the kid out, but I want him to have multiple solid games and not just one or two great games (we can all agree that against the Bills he was out of this world).

PostSubject: Re: Shazier "awesome" (article)   Shazier "awesome" (article) Empty

Back to top Go down

Shazier "awesome" (article)
Page 1 of 1