Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home10 years later.... Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

10 years later....

Go down 
+3
SteelersYak
Gingerchip
GodSendBigBen
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GodSendBigBen
Xtreme Newb
GodSendBigBen

10 years later.... Empty
PostSubject: 10 years later....   10 years later.... EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 5:27 pm

And I still have a man crush on Big Ben, haha. I was watching the game with my buddy who is a Colts fan, and he could believe when Ben pump faked twice, then found 84 in the corner of the endzone. I was just like "Yeah, he's been doing that for a decade. We're not kidding when we claim to have one of the best QBs in the game."

He kinda reminds me of Farve. As in he likes to just be a crazy gunslinger back there and I love it. No one improvises better than Ben. Other guys have higher numbers, or are more accurate or whatever,and thats cute, but Roethlisberger has beaten all of them,winning two world championships on the way.I wouldnt trade him for any other passer in the league. They say the defense won the titles, but I dont remember the defense driving 90 yards in a minute and a half to take the lead back from Pittsburgh West. Polamalu didnt throw that pass to Holmes. Roethlisberger did. And he did it again last night.

IMO the two most important players of the second dynasty were 7 and 43. And not IMO, but mathematical fact the Steelers were 2/3 in SBs,  the Pats* were 3/5.   2/3=.667 3/5=.6  Obviously the numbers show the Pittsburgh Steelers were the true dynasty of the 2000s, not Bill Bellichek's Brady Bunch. Tom Brady, you suck buddie.

Gingerchip

Gingerchip

10 years later.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 years later....   10 years later.... EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 5:29 pm

10 years later.... 3964572787

10 years later.... We_bel10
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

10 years later.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 years later....   10 years later.... EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 9:21 pm

I've been watching Ben play for a long time and some of the things he does makes you wonder if he is half magician. The dude has taken his hits (on and off the field) and still can make things happen. Is he sometimes a reckless gunslinger? Yes. Does he sometimes hold onto the ball too long trying to make the big play? Yes. But I'd say for the most part that the positive results of doing those things far outweigh the negatives. I don't think he is going anywhere and I don't need anyone to agree that he is elite for me to think he is.

Drizztbob

10 years later.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 years later....   10 years later.... EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 9:55 am

Not to mention, without question, he is probably the toughest QB to play in 20 years. The broken nose? The high ankle sprain? The viscous hits he has taken and gotten back up from??

Crazy tough.

kirklandrules

kirklandrules

10 years later.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 years later....   10 years later.... EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 2:21 pm

GodSendBigBen wrote:

IMO the two most important players of the second dynasty were 7 and 43. And not IMO, but mathematical fact the Steelers were 2/3 in SBs,  the Pats** were 3/5.

The Pats* were 3/5 in Super Bowls? For some reason I'm thinking they were 0/2. I guess the Commissioner, and anyone else for that matter, can destroy evidence of cheating to win 3 Super Bowls, provide a very slight slap on the wrist to the coach (how many games was Belicheat suspended compare to Sean Payton? oh, and the amount Belicheat was fined was reimbursed as a bonus from the Pats* owner) and never speak to this subject again all in an attempt to cover it up. But not me. Just like the U.S. does not recognize the State of Abkhazia, I don't recognize the Pats* winning those 3 Super Bowls. They are 0/2 in the only legitimate Super Bowls they played in. Steelers are the true dynasty team of the 2000s!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

10 years later.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 years later....   10 years later.... EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 2:24 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
The Pats** were 3/5 in Super Bowls? For some reason I'm thinking they were 0/2. I guess the Commissioner, and anyone else for that matter, can destroy evidence of cheating to win 3 Super Bowls, provide a very slight slap on the wrist to the coach (how many games was Belicheat suspended compare to Sean Payton? oh, and the amount Belicheat was fined was reimbursed as a bonus from the Pats** owner) and never speak to this subject again all in an attempt to cover it up. But not me. Just like the U.S. does not recognize the State of Abkhazia, I don't recognize the Pats** winning those 3 Super Bowls. They are 0/2 in the only legitimate Super Bowls they played in. Steelers are the true dynasty team of the 2000s!

There's a reason why every time the Patriots* (or Pats*) name is posted on this board, an asterisk is automatically added. 10 years later.... 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

10 years later.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 years later....   10 years later.... EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 2:25 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
Not to mention, without question, he is probably the toughest QB to play in 20 years.  The broken nose?  The high ankle sprain?  The viscous hits he has taken and gotten back up from??

Crazy tough.

That's because unlike the other 31 teams, our QB is a football player, not a nancy-boy.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

10 years later.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 years later....   10 years later.... EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 2:28 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
That's because unlike the other 31 teams, our QB is a football player, not a nancy-boy.

Why so judgmental?

10 years later.... 3798349058

10 years later.... Tombradyf

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

10 years later.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 years later....   10 years later.... EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 2:45 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Drizztbob wrote:
Not to mention, without question, he is probably the toughest QB to play in 20 years.  The broken nose?  The high ankle sprain?  The viscous hits he has taken and gotten back up from??

Crazy tough.

Without question, a dying breed.

SteelersYak

SteelersYak

10 years later.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 years later....   10 years later.... EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 4:47 pm

Hard to believe that BR7 has been at it 10 years. Shocked

kirklandrules

10 years later.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 years later....   10 years later.... EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 3:36 pm

GodSendBigBen wrote:
They say the defense won the titles, but I dont remember the defense driving 90 yards in a minute and a half to take the lead back from Pittsburgh West.

I do remember the defense (James Harrison) taking the ball 100 yards in ~14 seconds for a score. Also I remember the game basically ending on a Woodley strip sack. Although Pittsburgh West didn't have a great regular season record, that offense was unstoppable in the playoffs that year. The Steelers defense played well enough in that game.

I agree with your premise as to Ben being a stud QB and that final touchdown throw, not to mention the entire drive, was epic. But felt I should defend my dawgs on that defense.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

10 years later.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 years later....   10 years later.... EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 4:33 pm

Quote :
I do remember the defense (James Harrison) taking the ball 100 yards in ~14 seconds for a score.

One of the, if not, greatest plays in SB history!

Our D was bad ass

10 years later.... We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Steelerella

Steelerella

10 years later.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 years later....   10 years later.... EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 5:58 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
Drizztbob wrote:

Crazy tough.

Without question, a dying breed.

When Ben retires, the Steelers are gonna have to invest more money in the O-Line. There aren't many QB's who can be successful behind it.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

10 years later.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 years later....   10 years later.... EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 7:58 pm

No kidding. Someone that not only is semi-mobile but has a big arm and can take some hits.

Xtreme Newb
GodSendBigBen

10 years later.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 years later....   10 years later.... EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 9:48 am

kirklandrules wrote:
GodSendBigBen wrote:
They say the defense won the titles, but I dont remember the defense driving 90 yards in a minute and a half to take the lead back from Pittsburgh West.

I do remember the defense (James Harrison) taking the ball 100 yards in ~14 seconds for a score. Also I remember the game basically ending on a Woodley strip sack. Although Pittsburgh West didn't have a great regular season record, that offense was unstoppable in the playoffs that year. The Steelers defense played well enough in that game.

I agree with your premise as to Ben being a stud QB and that final touchdown throw, not to mention the entire drive, was epic. But felt I should defend my dawgs on that defense.

the 2008 defense was the best I've ever seen, Troy's pick 6 got them to the SB and 92's pick 6 was the best play ever in a SB, but they did let Larry Fitz run past everyone for a score late. All's I'm saying is that Ben had to bail the defense out.

Sponsored content

10 years later.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 years later....   10 years later.... Empty

Back to top Go down

10 years later....
Page 1 of 1