Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGame Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags

Go down 
+7
SteelersYak
Bays
Crash
Drizztbob
Gingerchip
Wallace108
stlrtruck
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags Empty
PostSubject: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 3:58 pm

Unfortunately, I could only listen to the game so my votes are going to be slightly skewed because I couldn't see the game within the game:

Game Ball:
McCain - INT and a TD
Bell - keeps moving the chains
Defense - stepping up when the offense couldn't move the ball in to the endzone

Goats:
Ben - no reason for sacks & fumbles
Offensive line - letting Ben get sacked too many times

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 4:28 pm

Game Balls: None
Goats: None

Overall, it was a BLAH game. Yeah, we won, but it didn't feel like a good win. After the game, fans in the bar were cheering like we just won a playoff game. I wasn't as cheerful. I'm happy with the win, but not the performance.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 4:55 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Game Balls: None
Goats: None

Overall, it was a BLAH game. Yeah, we won, but it didn't feel like a good win. After the game, fans in the bar were cheering like we just won a playoff game. I wasn't as cheerful. I'm happy with the win, but not the performance.

Then you should at least have some goats.

Let's go post 'em

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 5:08 pm

Can't really reply either as I didn't get to see the game, and forgot all about Steeler Radio until late in the fourth qtr.

Really should know this, but where is/was McCain on the depth chart?

Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 5:17 pm

Game Balls:
Mccain for making the winning game points
2nd Quarter Todd Haley offense: Decided to go for the jugular late in the 3rd quarter and 4th quarter offense. I was expecting more 1st half nonsense and he actually tried to stretch the field...kudos. F that prevent offense!!

Goats:
Ben: Looked off, slow to decide, imobile, head wasn't in it, but the play calling in the first half didnt help
Allen: I know he had a key deflection and gimme pick, but man its feast or famine with him. 2 good plays don't erase 10 bad ones.
Defense in general: If you can't stop a rookie QB and a no name RB on the JAGUARS, who are you gonna stop??? They drove right down the field multiple times for points or good field position.
Offensine Line: Making the Jagoffs look like a playoff contender on pass rushing,

Final score: Yeah we won, but it wasn't pretty and this should have been a slam dunk for Ben and their receivers and it most certainly wasn't. This will not invoke confidence against a surging Browns team team next week.

Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 6:10 pm

Didn't you say you didn't watch the game?

Anyone who blames Ben for that game didn't watch it.

Oh wait....
Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 6:12 pm

Yeah Ben sucked, he completed his last 10 passes, and tied an NFL record for completing passes to 11 different receivers.

Bench him.

Anyone who praises Todd Haley for that game will never blame him for anything.

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 6:21 pm

I hope you aren't referencing me...I judge games as I see them with no prejudice towards one side of the field/player/scheme or the other. And yes, I watched the entire game...please see previous post for refresher if you need it.

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 6:24 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
I hope you aren't referencing me...I judge games as I see them with no prejudice towards one side of the field/player/scheme or the other.  And yes, I watched the entire game...please see previous post for refresher if you need it.

I believe he's referencing my first post, and is commenting on my goat being Ben.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 6:46 pm

mrcrash wrote:

Oh wait....

I didn't blame Ben for the game, I blamed Ben for taking a sack/fumble. But don't worry, I understand your love affair with Ben and in your eyes can do no wrong. And since this is my opinion based on what I saw online and heard via radio, it is what it is.

But I'm sure you're goats will be Haley and LeBeau and it will have nothing to do with execution on the field.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:00 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
mrcrash wrote:

Oh wait....

I didn't blame Ben for the game, I blamed Ben for taking a sack/fumble.  But don't worry, I understand your love affair with Ben and in your eyes can do no wrong.  And since this is my opinion based on what I saw online and heard via radio, it is what it is.

But I'm sure you're goats will be Haley and LeBeau and it will have nothing to do with execution on the field.

Execution my dick. When you have 3rd and 1, and you have Dri Archer lined up at running back, and you have Will fucking Johnson lined up at fullback and he gets the ball? That play-call is a failure.

You people who want to protect Todd Haley don't have a freaking clue at to why he should be fired in the first place.

DEFENSES don't stop Todd Haley's offense. TODD HALEY stops Todd Haley's offense.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:07 pm

stlrtruck wrote:

Let's go post 'em

No one really jumped out as having a horrible game. Just as no one jumped out as having a great game. It was just BLAH!

If I have to give a game ball, it would go to McCain for the pick 6. Possibly one for Justin Brown for catching everything thrown to him, even the one where he took a hard hit.

If I have to give a goat, I'd give it to Ben. If for no other reason, just to piss off Crash.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:10 pm

mrcrash wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
mrcrash wrote:

Oh wait....

I didn't blame Ben for the game, I blamed Ben for taking a sack/fumble.  But don't worry, I understand your love affair with Ben and in your eyes can do no wrong.  And since this is my opinion based on what I saw online and heard via radio, it is what it is.

Execution my dick.  When you have 3rd and 1, and you have Dri Archer lined up at running back, and you have Will fucking Johnson lined up at fullback and he gets the ball?  That play-call is a failure.  

You people who want to protect Todd Haley don't have a freaking clue at to why he should be fired in the first place.  

DEFENSES don't stop Todd Haley's offense.  TODD HALEY stops Todd Haley's offense.

I don't protect Haley, I've called him out. Just seems I'm not ready to fire the guy just because he doesn't run everything the way I think he should. And Will Johnson was given the ball a few times under Arians. Was it a failure then? While you're out here blasting my picks for game balls and goats, why don't you list your own. Or would you rather just bitch about everyone else's?

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:17 pm

Someone blatantly hates Todd Haley. There's no point in arguing, Todd Haley pissed on his car or something.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:18 pm

mrcrash wrote:
Execution my dick.  When you have 3rd and 1, and you have Dri Archer lined up at running back, and you have Will fucking Johnson lined up at fullback and he gets the ball?  That play-call is a failure.

Is it anymore of a failure than going with an empty backfield on 3rd and 1?

Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:31 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

Let's go post 'em

No one really jumped out as having a horrible game. Just as no one jumped out as having a great game. It was just BLAH!

If I have to give a game ball, it would go to McCain for the pick 6. Possibly one for Justin Brown for catching everything thrown to him, even the one where he took a hard hit.

If I have to give a goat, I'd give it to Ben. If for no other reason, just to piss off Crash.

Then you have problems.  If you are more worried about me than the success of this football team you need to see a doctor.  

We are back to the 20013 0-4 offense, cute little tricks, cute little gimmicks, and making Ben irrelevant.  

BEN was given credit for the 6-2 finish to 2013.  BEN calling plays was given credit for the 2013 finish.  

And Todd Haley can't stand it.  Which is why we are back to square one from the beginning of last season.  

Complete with illogical play-calling, illogical formation setup, and obsessive substituting.

There is no flow, no consistency with the offense, because Todd Haley not only sticks his thumb into the pie, he sticks his whole goddamn hand into it.

You reading what's supposedly going on in New England with Brady?  You better.  

Because that's exactly what's going to happen with Ben.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:38 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

mrcrash wrote:
Then you have problems.  If you are more worried about me than the success of this football team you need to see a doctor.

Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags Th?id=HN.607997941555859337&pid=1

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:38 pm

mrcrash wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

Let's go post 'em

We are back to the 20013 0-4 offense, cute little tricks, cute little gimmicks, and making Ben irrelevant.  

BEN was given credit for the 6-2 finish to 2013.  BEN calling plays was given credit for the 2013 finish.  

And Todd Haley can't stand it.  Which is why we are back to square one from the beginning of last season.  

Complete with illogical play-calling, illogical formation setup, and obsessive substituting.

There is no flow, no consistency with the offense, because Todd Haley not only sticks his thumb into the pie, he sticks his whole goddamn hand into it.

You reading what's supposedly going on in New England with Brady?  You better.  

Because that's exactly what's going to happen with Ben.

Still waiting for your Game balls and goats....

Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags 1735582540 Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags 2893009358

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:39 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
mrcrash wrote:

Hate it, can't stand it. Always have.

And here's the kicker, Haley's doing it more now, than Arians ever did.

So why isn't he being bashed for it? Because he's from fucking Pittsburgh.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:41 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Still waiting for your Game balls and goats....

Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags 1735582540 Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags 2893009358

Come on Crash. Let's have them.

Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:42 pm

Quote :
And Will Johnson was given the ball a few times under Arians. Was it a failure then?

That would be some trick considering Will Johnson arrived in 2012 after Arians was already fired.

Look at you, flat out making shit up to protect Todd Haley.

Fucking sad.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:44 pm

mrcrash wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
mrcrash wrote:

Hate it, can't stand it.  Always have.  

So why isn't he being bashed for it?  Because he's from fucking Pittsburgh.  

I don't bash him because I have patience with people. As stated, I think a new coordinator (offensive or defensive) should get 3 years to install their schemes and make it work. If by the end of the third year the offense is inconsistent, and not producing positive outcomes, then I start calling for his head. Exactly as I did with Arians.

I can say it now, I don't always like the play-calling but I can also see when players don't execute on the field. Instead of going directly for the coordinator, as you seem to do, I have enough vision to see the difference between the play calling and the execution.

Your so hell bent on getting rid of Haley that you don't even see when Ben deserves to be held accountable for what happens on the field. Haley doesn't throw the ball, Haley doesn't take the sack, Haley doesn't block, and Haley certainly isn't the one fumbling the ball.

And still waiting on your game balls and goats.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:45 pm

mrcrash wrote:
Quote :
And Will Johnson was given the ball a few times under Arians. Was it a failure then?

That would be some trick considering Will Johnson arrived in 2012 after Arians was already fired.

Look at you, flat out making shit up to protect Todd Haley.  

Fucking sad.

My bad, I made a mistake, let me take the time to go back and see the TE Arians attempted to use at FB to appease you...

wait for it...

wait for it...

NOT!

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:49 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
let me take the time to go back and see the TE Arians attempted to use at FB to appease you...

David Johnson. We were just too stupid to see the genius of using Johnson as a FB.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:49 pm

mrcrash wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
mrcrash wrote:

Hate it, can't stand it.  Always have.  

So why isn't he being bashed for it?  Because he's from fucking Pittsburgh.  

Because he's from Pittsburgh? Really!?

I fucking doubt that. The fact that you keep reminding me repeatedly with this shit is probably the only damn reason I even know that anymore. I didn't give a shit about it when we hired him, and I don't now.

I like his offense far more than what we had before him. The bubble screens are the only gripe I have with Haley.

PostSubject: Re: Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags   Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Ball and Goats: Week 5: Steelers @ jags
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next