Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTrouble In Cleveland Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Trouble In Cleveland

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Trouble In Cleveland Empty
PostSubject: Trouble In Cleveland   Trouble In Cleveland EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 7:00 am

The Cleveland Cavaliers' Big Three era has started off with two losses in its first three games, and after the latest setback, a 101-82 defeat to the Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday, LeBron James made it sound like he's bracing himself for more tough times ahead.

"We have to understand what it takes to win," James said. "It's going to be a long process, man. There's been a lot of losing basketball around here for a few years. So, a lot of guys that are going to help us win ultimately haven't played a lot of meaningful basketball games in our league.

"When we get to that point when every possession matters , no possessions off -- we got to share the ball, we got to move the ball, we got to be a team and be unselfish -- we'll be a better team."

After starting the game 10-for-10 as a team against the Blazers, Cleveland went 21 for its next 75, finishing with a dismal 36.5-percent clip from the field. James was bad (4-for-12), but the Cavs starting backcourt of Kyrie Irving (3-for-17) and Dion Waiters (3-for-11) was even worse.

Irving and Waiters were on the team the last two seasons, of course, as the Cavs racked up a combined record of 57-107.

James did not call out any teammate by name, but seemed to be referencing Irving's and Waiters' play when reflecting on what needs to change in order for Cleveland to start playing the right way.

"There's a lot of bad habits, a lot of bad habits have been built up over the last couple of years and when you play that style of basketball it takes a lot to get it up out of you," James said. "But I'm here to help and that's what it's about."

READ MORE: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11824862/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-loss-going-long-process

SteelersYak

Trouble In Cleveland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble In Cleveland   Trouble In Cleveland EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 7:02 am

I predicted that this team would implode because of too many egos (I hate Cleveland everything). I think that since it is happening so early, it could either shape up and they start playing as a team or it will just become more and more toxic. I am obviously hoping for option number 2 Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Trouble In Cleveland
Page 1 of 1