Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTodd Haley Dooms the Steelers in Loss to the Jets Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Todd Haley Dooms the Steelers in Loss to the Jets

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Todd Haley Dooms the Steelers in Loss to the Jets Empty
PostSubject: Todd Haley Dooms the Steelers in Loss to the Jets   Todd Haley Dooms the Steelers in Loss to the Jets EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 7:18 pm

Todd Haley Dooms the Steelers in Loss to the Jets Scb210

By: Steel By Design

I’m a little speechless after the Steelers latest loss to a bad team. I was angry at several times during the game on Sunday, but I’m not even sure who my anger is directed at.

I think if you want to blame the players, Mike Tomlin, or any of the other coaches you wouldn’t really be wrong to do so.

I wrote earlier this week that it was Mike Tomlin’s responsibility to keep this train rolling, and I still that is true. You can’t let him off the hook when he’s now 1-8 on the road against sub .200 teams.

However, we all know that this team has to really ride their offense in order to win… Which shouldn’t have been a problem yesterday considering the Jets struggles in the secondary.

This team has 3 superstars, and they’re Ben Roethlisberger, LeVeon Bell, and Antonio Brown. All three had terrible games against the Jets… and the rest of this roster just isn’t talented enough to overcome that on most Sundays.

Bell get’s a bit of a pass because the Jets have a really good defensive line, and most of us probably knew going in that he’d have a rough day running the ball.

The turnovers by Ben and Brown are inexcusable though, and they put them in a hole they couldn’t dig out of.

That being said, even when this team was down 17-3 at the half, they definitely could have come back and the offensive play-calling was really frustrating.

READ MORE: http://www.steelcityblitz.com/2014/11/10/todd-haley-dooms-steelers-loss-jets/

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Todd Haley Dooms the Steelers in Loss to the Jets   Todd Haley Dooms the Steelers in Loss to the Jets EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 7:22 pm

I have to agree that I have all this frustration and no where to go with it. I don't know who to blame or what all went wrong because it felt like so many little things went wrong that amounted to the large thing of the loss. Haley's offense was definitely back into turtle mode and I don't know if that was to TRY to protect BR7 or they though that they might mix it up and confuse the Jets.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Todd Haley Dooms the Steelers in Loss to the Jets   Todd Haley Dooms the Steelers in Loss to the Jets EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 4:45 pm

I said it earlier and I'll say it again. The Jets secondary is worse than ours and we came out running and throwing screens. (this is on Haley,period) We weren't prepared to play (that's on Tomlin, period) and we played like shit on both sides of the ball so everyone gets a GOAT! Coaches included. I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting a little tired of Tomlin telling the media how we can't take anyone for granted while proving otherwise by not getting these guys ready. It would be different if we didn't play pretty good against a few of the better teams. I'm not ready to fire up the fire Tomlin thread but if we lose on monday night I can't make any promises.

That's my "for what it's worth"!
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Todd Haley Dooms the Steelers in Loss to the Jets   Todd Haley Dooms the Steelers in Loss to the Jets EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 6:11 pm

i will prbably catch hell but haley didnt throw those ints nor did fumble it twice

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Todd Haley Dooms the Steelers in Loss to the Jets   Todd Haley Dooms the Steelers in Loss to the Jets EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:11 am

vasteeler wrote:
i will prbably catch hell but haley didnt throw those ints nor did fumble it twice

I agree with you Va that ALL the blame can't fall on Haley (he's an easy scapegoat), and the mistakes and poor execution can't be overlooked. At the same time, we can't excuse the piss poor play calling in the first half. They completely abandoned what had worked the previous two weeks and went back to doing what wasn't working earlier in the season. Would they have won if it wasn't for the turnovers? Probably. But they also probably would have won if they would have thrown the ball downfield more. I disagree with those who want to blame either Haley OR the execution. Both deserve blame.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Todd Haley Dooms the Steelers in Loss to the Jets   Todd Haley Dooms the Steelers in Loss to the Jets EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 8:36 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

I agree with you Va that ALL the blame can't fall on Haley (he's an easy scapegoat), and the mistakes and poor execution can't be overlooked. At the same time, we can't excuse the piss poor play calling in the first half. They completely abandoned what had worked the previous two weeks and went back to doing what wasn't working earlier in the season. Would they have won if it wasn't for the turnovers? Probably. But they also probably would have won if they would have thrown the ball downfield more. I disagree with those who want to blame either Haley OR the execution. Both deserve blame.

That's the big thing for me. I don't understand why we went away from what was working.

PostSubject: Re: Todd Haley Dooms the Steelers in Loss to the Jets   Todd Haley Dooms the Steelers in Loss to the Jets Empty

Back to top Go down

Todd Haley Dooms the Steelers in Loss to the Jets
Page 1 of 1