Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeA look at the Steelers’ offense and how Todd Haley and Big Ben are getting along… Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

A look at the Steelers’ offense and how Todd Haley and Big Ben are getting along…

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

A look at the Steelers’ offense and how Todd Haley and Big Ben are getting along… Empty
PostSubject: A look at the Steelers’ offense and how Todd Haley and Big Ben are getting along…   A look at the Steelers’ offense and how Todd Haley and Big Ben are getting along… EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 4:42 pm

A look at the Steelers’ offense and how Todd Haley and Big Ben are getting along…
Ian Rapoport

Through six weeks of the season, the Steelers are banged up, beaten up and 2-3. All, of course, is not well. That road loss to the Titans only underscored the issues. The defense is hurting, the offense hasn’t found its rhythm, they are currently looking up at the Bengals and Ravens in the AFC North.

Statistically, just like actually, it has been a struggle for the offense. Even with a talented quarterback like Ben Roethlisberger and WRs like Antonio Brown and Mike Wallace, they are ranked just 17th in scoring with 23.2 points and 16th in total offense with 360 yards. In other words, mediocre.

Now, there are some issues to point to as far as why the unit is inconsistent. Offensive line injuries have crushed them, and you can’t overlook that. Wallace’s holdout didn’t help. Neither have the injury issues of RB Rashard Mendenhall. But still, it is the responsibility of new offensive coordinator Todd Haley to produce, and it has yet to come together. Of course, the Haley-Roethlisberger relationship is one we have been discussing all season.

So, let’s discuss it.

I am told that the Haley-Roethlisberger relationship is what everyone expected. It is not great. They have butted heads. We’ve read about the much-publicized incident where Big Ben used last year’s signals, and that didn’t go over well. It also was indicative of a QB who didn’t trust or feel comfortable with the current system.

(Read More:) http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/10/18/a-look-at-the-steelers-offense-and-how-todd-haley-and-big-ben-are-getting-along/

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

A look at the Steelers’ offense and how Todd Haley and Big Ben are getting along… Empty
PostSubject: Re: A look at the Steelers’ offense and how Todd Haley and Big Ben are getting along…   A look at the Steelers’ offense and how Todd Haley and Big Ben are getting along… EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 7:48 pm

Smells like bullshit.
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: A look at the Steelers’ offense and how Todd Haley and Big Ben are getting along…   A look at the Steelers’ offense and how Todd Haley and Big Ben are getting along… EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 8:03 pm

If it smells like shit and it looks like shit by god it must be shit!

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: A look at the Steelers’ offense and how Todd Haley and Big Ben are getting along…   A look at the Steelers’ offense and how Todd Haley and Big Ben are getting along… EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:33 pm

WOW!! Either Rapoport has sources that none of the Steelers beat writers have and is able to get information that no one else has gotten, or he's just making stuff up. Hmmm, I wonder which is the case? Clue ... it's not the first one.

I'm not saying this article contains THE MOST made up crap I've ever seen in one place, but it's definitely top 5.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: A look at the Steelers’ offense and how Todd Haley and Big Ben are getting along…   A look at the Steelers’ offense and how Todd Haley and Big Ben are getting along… EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:55 pm

Um, this guys full of shit. Lots of "I heard" and "I'm told" and no quotes to prove shit. He's clearly making this up as he goes for no reason other than to fill an article. It isn't the first time he's reported absolute horseshit, including claiming DeCastro was done for the year.

PostSubject: Re: A look at the Steelers’ offense and how Todd Haley and Big Ben are getting along…   A look at the Steelers’ offense and how Todd Haley and Big Ben are getting along… EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 11:51 pm

The media sure hates to be wrong about things huh. "See, I TOLD you Haley was a hot head! DID YOU READ MY ARTICLE!?"
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: A look at the Steelers’ offense and how Todd Haley and Big Ben are getting along…   A look at the Steelers’ offense and how Todd Haley and Big Ben are getting along… EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 11:57 pm

Here's what the football gods think about Rapoport's reporting skills:

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A look at the Steelers’ offense and how Todd Haley and Big Ben are getting along…   A look at the Steelers’ offense and how Todd Haley and Big Ben are getting along… Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1