Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWhy the Steelers will lose vs Titans Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans

Go down 
+2
Wallace108
SteelerDelivery
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelerDelivery
Xtreme Newb

Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans Empty
PostSubject: Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans   Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 5:47 pm

Okay so before I get into it , I just wanted to say I embrace any negativity I receive from this post. I hope that during the game I feel like a moron for even posting this. I HOPE this team proves me wrong.

The Steelers are the most up and down team in NFL this year. Wins vs Colts and Ravens made us feel like true contenders and forget about the team we saw earlier in the year. We all know the HORRIBLE loses to Tampa Bay, Cleveland, and most recently the joke that is the New York Jets. As a die hard fan at that game , it was the worst performance of the season in my opinion. The loses to the Bucs and Browns were atrocious of course but the Steelers were a different team then. After winning and breaking records it seemed like this team FINALLY had it together and then they lay that egg in East Rutherford. ANOTHER loss to a team that should have been dominated. For anyone who hasn't seen the numbers going around social media , the Steelers are 1-8 vs teams with a .200 or worse winning % in the Tomlin era. I don't need to elaborate on this any further. What a JOKE.

Moving onto the Steelers Monday night game vs the Titans. Yes, again we play the Titans and yes they are another team the Steelers should WIN against. Not quite in that less than .200 win % but this Titans team is awful. The Steelers obviously have problems with bad teams and they have problems vs the Titans. We all remember week 1 of last year when it took the Steelers 59 minutes of game play to score offensively. The Steelers lost 16-9. The Steelers also lost to the Titans in 2012. Why should we expect anything different then the previous games vs Titans and the previous games we have seen vs bad opponents? I expect this team to come out slow, allow points on the Titans opening drive , and underrate them going in to the game, because that is the only consistency this team has shown all year. Which is why I could see them losing this game.

I don't know if it is a lack of preparation, horrific coaching, bad play or just a combination of them all. Either way this organization has problems and I am passed the breaking point. There is no explanation to beating playoff teams handily and then lose to bottom feeders regularly. I realize people are going to question my fandom but as a fan I am not just going to sugarcoat these losses like some do. We can't afford to keep saying we will get it done next week or next year. We are wasting away the play of our HOF Quarterback. If they do not get it together this season then YES I would like to see turnover on the roster and coaching staff. If this team doesn't make the playoffs there better be some serious changes.

Like I said i hope I look back at writing this article feeling like an idiot but seeing what this team has done all year, don't be surprised if they lose another game they should easily win. The Steelers are unpredictable so I am hoping they stay that way this week and win 73-0 but we will find out soon enough.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans   Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 6:26 pm

The writing is on the wall for the Titans to beat us: we play down to competition, we just lost to the Jets, and for some reason the Titans just have our number it seems like. Maybe it's the optimism in me but I am thinking this team is not happy about hearing how the Browns were the division leader all week. The Browns lost today and the Bengals won which means the Steelers need to win to keep up with the pace. With the bye coming up next week, do we go into it limping or will they put it on the line knowing they have some extra time to rest after this week?

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans   Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 6:32 pm

SteelerDelivery wrote:
I realize people are going to question my fandom but as a fan I am not just going to sugarcoat these losses like some do.

Some here will agree with you and some will disagree, but I can assure you no one will question your fandom. Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans 230572241

SteelerDelivery wrote:
If they do not get it together this season then YES I would like to see turnover on the roster and coaching staff. If this team doesn't make the playoffs there better be some serious changes.

I agree with you that if the Steelers don't finish strong, then changes need to be made. However, we might disagree on how much change would be needed. Some tweaks? Yes. A complete overhaul? No.

As for the game Monday, I have a feeling the Steelers are going to win decisively. There's no way of knowing how the players will execute, but I think the entire team, especially the coaching staff, will come into the game with a different mindset than they did against the Jets.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelerDelivery
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans   Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 6:37 pm

There is no telling what this team will do anymore. I really hope they get it together man. So sick of these let downs. Where you been on twitter ? I have to renew my subscription to get you chatting again or what ?
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans   Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 6:43 pm

SteelerDelivery wrote:
There is no telling what this team will do anymore.

That's true. The only thing that has been consistent is their inconsistency.

I assume the twitter question was for Yak since he's our resident twitterer. Or twit for short. Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Last edited by Wallace108 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans   Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 6:43 pm

If we lose tomorrow, it will probably be one of the toughest losses of the season because the Titans should not beat us and we need a win to keep pace in our tough division (it'd be nice to be in the NFC South, right?)

On the coaching, I have discussed all year about execution. Last week was the first week I griped about the scheme but there was still the execution piece. I don't know if there needs to be a shake up, but maybe there needs to be a little pressure put on them.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans   Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 6:50 pm

Wally , I am not sure if I want all new coaches , i wouldn't say that i do. I definitely want to see how the season finishes to make up my mind. I am dying for play football again. We really need to get there again. With a HOF QB you never know.
Back to top Go down
SteelerDelivery
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans   Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 6:52 pm

Hit me on twitter gents !
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans   Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 9:17 pm

It would really suck to lose to the Titans, but I can also see why we would lose to them too. Since Tomlin's era began, actually even before, the Steelers have a history of playing down to their competition.

It's been a vicious trend, and somehow this team continues to get away with it. And what I mean by that, is there isn't a coach that's calling them out for it. Heck is anyone really calling out the coaches (other than the fans).

When teams do this the questions will always arise. Should Tomlin be fired? Haley? LeBeau? I wouldn't be surprised if this is LeBeau's last year, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he comes back next season as well. As for Haley, this is only year 2, I believe he's entitled to one more year (so basically in year 4 it's either get it right or get replaced). As for Tomlin, I don't think there is a reason to fire him (not yet anyway), and I anticipate that he can still bring this team together and win another Super Bowl. The question is, will he make the tough calls to get it done?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans   Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 11:55 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Should Tomlin be fired?  Haley?  LeBeau?  I wouldn't be surprised if this is LeBeau's last year, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he comes back next season as well.  As for Haley, this is only year 2, I believe he's entitled to one more year (so basically in year 4 it's either get it right or get replaced).  As for Tomlin, I don't think there is a reason to fire him (not yet anyway), and I anticipate that he can still bring this team together and win another Super Bowl.  The question is, will he make the tough calls to get it done?

Haley and/or LeBeau very well could be gone next season, but Tomlin isn't going anywhere. Again, I'll point to Cowher's 3-year stretch from 1998-2000:

1998: 7-9
1999: 6-10
2000: 9-7

Two losing seasons during that stretch, and Cowher wasn't fired. They rebounded in 2001 to finish 13-3, but then two years later they again finished 6-10. Despite many in Steeler Nation calling for his head, Cowher still wasn't fired. Then the following season they went 15-1. The following season they won the Super Bowl.

If the Steelers don't win another game this season, that will be only 22 wins over the past 3 seasons, which would equal Cowher's 22 wins from 1998-2000. Cowher wasn't fired, and Tomlin won't be fired either. The coordinators, on the other hand ...

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans   Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 1:33 am

Something you don't hear in the media is a Steeler head coach being on the hotseat. If we lose this game we still won't hear it. Like Wally said it won't happen. I don't know what the answer is. It is beyond comprehension how this team can look just as bad as it looks good week in and week out. We win the tough games and lose the so-called easy ones. It's time someone gets it straight. There are NO easy games in today's NFL!!!
"Even a blind hog finds a root every now and then" but we seem to be the root supplier! Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans   Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 10:14 am

A lot of the problem last year was this sense of "entitlement" that was was echoed throughout the team and locker room.  The Young Money Crew and an aging defense, expecting to win games that they should have, and then being shocked when they lost.  I was hoping with the exiting of the WR problem and letting older/non producing defensive players head out, that problem would have been resolved.  Alas, that is not the case.  

Losses to TB, Clev, Jets, and more than likely the Titans will further solidify that this mentality has not dissipated.  So the question is, why is this happening and where is it coming from?  My guess is it starts with the top and trickles down to the players who fail to execute.  

NO team in the NFL is an easy win.  EVERY game should be played like your postseason depends on it, because it does.  When will this team get that through their thick helmets???  Maybe when we start beating teams that can only win one or two games all year, which are usually against us.

SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans   Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 7:19 pm

So.... we won..... Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans 1797695198

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans   Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 11:20 pm

Maybe we should all 'crash' week 12 and see what happens Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans 3562723908

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans   Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 7:00 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Maybe we should all 'crash' week 12 and see what happens Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans 3562723908

Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans 294855916 Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans 3562723908 Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans 3562723908 Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans 1549491426 Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans 1549491426

PostSubject: Re: Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans   Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans Empty

Back to top Go down

Why the Steelers will lose vs Titans
Page 1 of 1