Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeIf the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...

Go down 
+21
teegre
pczach
IowaSteeler927
Steel Peon
SteelerSpartan
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Steeler-in-west
Lokki
The_Joker
SteelCity4Life
FrancoLambert
Fire Arians
steelcityboyz
SoCalFan
vasteeler
FanSince72
OX1947
harrison'samonster
Buddha Bus
Atlanta Dan
DesertSteel
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

The Overwhelming Reason, if Steelers Lose?
Poor Secondary
If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... Vote_lcap42%If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... Vote_rcap
 42% [ 10 ]
Ben Comes Up Small
If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... Vote_lcap46%If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... Vote_rcap
 46% [ 11 ]
No Ground Game
If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... Vote_lcap8%If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Bad Coaching
If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... Vote_lcap4%If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... Empty
PostSubject: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 5:32 pm

If the Steelers lose on Saturday, the overwhelming reason will be?
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 5:47 pm

1) AJ has a bigger game than AB; and

2) Ben continues his pattern of throwing 2 INTs a game
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 5:47 pm

Or E, distracted by spoiled fan whining.

Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 5:50 pm

I go with "Ben Comes Up Small" because if Ben plays well, he's proven that he can compensate for the other three. But... good coaching, good secondary and/or a good ground game CANNOT make up for Ben laying an egg.

If Ben has a stat line similar to the below, they have no chance.

19-35, 179 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 5:55 pm

I went with "Ben Comes Up Small" because I believe the Steelers really do live or die with Big Ben. It won't be his fault we lose, but it will be the most likely reason.

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 5:59 pm

Ben hasnt been clutch in a while. Might be time for him to re-ignite that talent.
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 6:07 pm

If the Steelers lose Saturday, it will be because Ben hasn't lost his tunnel vision for AB and big plays.

If Ben takes what he's given and works smartly with that, we should be OK.

(assuming of course that the secondary doesn't have too many "WTF?" moments).

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 6:43 pm

# 41 antwon blake

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 6:44 pm

I think our D needs to come up HUGE this weekend. Not sure how the run game will be with Williams being banged up. That being said I went with poor secondary play, OUR FUCKING CRAP SECONDARY!!! sorry for yelling, the thought of having a pretty good secondary would just elevate this team. Anything with the name Blake attached to it must take blame...

steelcityboyz

PostSubject: Re: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 6:44 pm

I'm going with poor secondary... The Steelers can't let Mcarron or red head look like Joe Montana. Even on Bens worse day he's still good enough to beat the Bungles. The Defense needs to take care of business and Tomlin needs to have the team prepared and have a good game plan... the rest will take care of its self.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 6:57 pm

secondary is poor just about every week but we're always in the game. seems like when the offense doesn't show up = loss.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 7:50 pm

Ben laying an egg by forcing balls into coverage is my nightmare scenario.

If Williams can't contribute at RB, Ben will have to have his best game of the season.
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 8:13 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
Ben laying an egg by forcing balls into coverage is my nightmare scenario.

If Williams can't contribute at RB, Ben will have to have his best game of the season.

This. Especially forcing it to Brown, which I swear Haley has some part in. It just doesn't seem like Ben to be throwing this many INTs.

I actually voted poor secondary, but if they take Blake out after his weekly roasting, we might be alright.

But yeah, after watching that Cleveland game, I get anxious every time Ben chucks the ball.

Staying positive, there is no IF. We're beating those jungle clowns!! If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... 2287965686

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... 1505004552
Back to top Go down
The_Joker

The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 9:09 pm

Going to have to say poor secondary. I'm already shaking thinking about Antwon Blake lining up against AJ Green. Brr...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 9:24 pm

I think (hope) that part of Ben forcing the ball to AB so much was to try to have AB finish first in yards ahead of Julio Jones. Maybe now that the season is over and those stats are done, I'm hoping that Ben goes back to playing smart football that we all know that he is capable of.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 9:52 pm

Lokki wrote:
I think (hope) that part of Ben forcing the ball to AB so much was to try to have AB finish first in yards ahead of Julio Jones.  Maybe now that the season is over and those stats are done, I'm hoping that Ben goes back to playing smart football that we all know that he is capable of.  

I get why Ben has lost faith in Bryant but not why the ball is not being thrown more to Wheaton when teams decide they are going to rotate coverage towards Brown If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... 2829330259
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 9:57 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Lokki wrote:
I think (hope) that part of Ben forcing the ball to AB so much was to try to have AB finish first in yards ahead of Julio Jones.  Maybe now that the season is over and those stats are done, I'm hoping that Ben goes back to playing smart football that we all know that he is capable of.  

I get why Ben has lost faith in Bryant but not why the ball is not being thrown more to Wheaton when teams decide they are going to rotate coverage towards Brown If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... 2829330259

Or Heath, when he isn't blocking. My God.. Heath has only been his security blanket for years.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 11:09 pm

Can't let AJ McCarron move the ball on us. If he does were in trouble.

Which means it would be a pretty good idea to get some pressure on the QB and Keep Blake on the sidelines.

Without a reliable running game can't expect Ben and the offense to get 40. This should not be a shootout.

Defense needs to do its job, Ben will be fine. I would guess about 26 to 30 points for us. Bengals O should not get more than in the teens in points.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 11:27 pm

I'm not seeing the option that says "Burfict headsmashes Big Ben's kneecaps" on the poll.
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 11:43 pm

Ben laying an egg.

Though if the steelers trot out those slow ass Db blitzes they employed against the Browns....they could get even shredded worse than usual. If we were playing anything but a 4th string qb the other day....they would have been in loads of trouble.

The whole team has to raise their play significantly from the last 2-3 weeks or the steelers are going to be one and done.... giving those s.o.bs  in Ohio their first playoff win in like forever.

i hope the charity given out by the bills the other day, has given this team new life, and they run with it.

Also can't forget about this guy....

If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... Maxresdefault

Win this one for him.

Last edited by SteelerSpartan on Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 12:40 am

The secondary usually gives up large gains, our ground game depends on how healthy our RB is, and the coaching is rarely perfect, so I'll just eliminate those. This only leaves one thing of course, and I think it goes without saying that way more often than not, Ben is a spectacular QB who has leads us to victory. However, if we get a "Not" game from Ben, I'd say we're as fucked as fucked can be, and I don't see other ways of overcoming that.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 6:04 am

Lokki wrote:

He was definitely forcing the ball to AB more than he needed to, I think we're going to see some other guys sharing in the wealth.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 6:33 am

Heath is at the point of his career where he can't really create space in man coverage anymore. He rarely beats anyone other than a LB in coverage. He thrives on zone defenses because he's great at finding the soft spots in the zone to give Ben easy throws.

That's why you've been seeing nearly every throw to Heath with a defender all over him. He was never really fast, and he has lost a step.

He's still a reliable target and a pretty good blocker, but he just isn't going to beat anyone anymore without great play calling and scheme, along with zone or soft coverage defense.

He has been so awesome for so long. It sucks, but it's just a reality of football life.

teegre

PostSubject: Re: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 7:45 am

This team will go as BB goes.  

I'm hoping for "Ben vs. Colts" type of play from him.

Back to top Go down
WCSteeler

PostSubject: Re: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 8:06 am

The Secondary has been flat out ignored the past 3-4 years, it's the one area that has been bad when the other areas have improved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...   If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because... Empty

Back to top Go down

If the Steelers Lose Saturday, it will be Because...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next