Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSCB Steelers Quick Hitters for December 4th, 2014 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for December 4th, 2014

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for December 4th, 2014 Empty
PostSubject: SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for December 4th, 2014   SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for December 4th, 2014 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 7:56 pm

SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for December 4th, 2014 Scb210

By: Steel Dad

The Steelers wil practice today from 1-3pm Eastern.

-The big news is of course that Ben Roethlisberger did not practice yesterday. A report on bleacherreport.com yesterday stated that Roethlisberger had a broken bone in his wrist but he told reporters before practice that was not the case.

-I’ve been doing this long enough to have made some friends who get pretty good and accurate information on the Steelers. One, who is very close to the situation confirmed to me last night that there is not anything broken. The quote was “Not sure where this is coming from. No break at all, he’s fine.”

-While I wish I could divulge the source, I’d never get any info in the future if I did so please understand my situation and take the knowledge for what it’s worth.

-As for the bleacher report article, I have great respect for several members of the BR community but it’s inaccurate reports like this that give them a bad name.

-All that said, I don’t believe his throwing hand is 100% but I think there is another problem as well. Roethlisberger has faced pretty consistent pressure directly up the middle in recent weeks. This runs parallel to my thought process about the center position. While Maurkice Pouncey is far more athletic than either Fernando Velasco or Cody Wallace, those men anchored a line that kept pressure away from Roethlisberger last season. This is something I plan to look into more soon.

-Steelers/Bengals Series Notes…

-Pittsburgh leads the career series against Cincinnati 53-34 and they also hold a 24-19 edge in games played in the Queen City.

-Series Highs: PASSING PIT BenRoethlisberger 386 yards (2005), CIN Jon Kitna 411 yards (2001)… RUSHING PIT Franco Harris 157 yards (1975), CIN James Brooks 133 yards (1985)… RECEIVING PIT Lynn Swann 192 yards (1979), CIN Eddie Brown 216 yards (1988)

-Big Ben needs five touchdown passes to become just the 17th player in NFL history with 250 or more TD passes.

READ MORE: http://steelcityblitz.com/2014/12/04/scb-steelers-quick-hitters-december-4th-2014/

SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for December 4th, 2014
Page 1 of 1