Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeNeed some help with PIT trip Itinerary! Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Need some help with PIT trip Itinerary!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
steelbydesign

Need some help with PIT trip Itinerary! Empty
PostSubject: Need some help with PIT trip Itinerary!   Need some help with PIT trip Itinerary! EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 11:11 am

Hey all...

So I'm making a trip up from Cincinnati for the last week of the season against the Bungles, and need some help with a few things. Mainly, what to do around the city, and how to get to the game.

I'm staying at the Springhill Suites on 2950 S Water St.

I'm coming in Saturday for dinner, and will leave Monday morning. What restarants, bars, etc. should I check out on Saturday and Sunday night? I've been a couple times and been to the Bus' restaurant, seen the incline, been to Primanti Bros. Just wondering if there's anything I've missed?

Also, what's the best way to get to the game?

Previously I stayed further out and took the "T" to the game... which was great but took like 45 mins to and from the stadium. Would I be wise to drive and park across the river somewhere and take it over to avoid all the traffic and parking costs downtown?

Has anyone tried Uber on gameday? How did that work out for you?

Any places to park and walk that aren't a huge hassle to get in and out?

Any and all suggestions on these things and anything else are greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with PIT trip Itinerary!   Need some help with PIT trip Itinerary! EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 3:50 pm

I think it's a law that Steelers fans have to go to Primanti Bros., so that's what I was going to suggest. But you've already been there, so I won't be of much help beyond that. I've been to only three games, and I parked near the stadium each time. The short distance is the upside. The cost and traffic is the obvious downside. As for alternatives, again I'm not much help. Truck will be able to give you some good advice.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with PIT trip Itinerary!   Need some help with PIT trip Itinerary! EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 9:31 pm

IMO, you need to go to Hofbrahaus on Saturday night. Big mugs of German beer, dancing on tables, and polka-esq covers of popular music is AWESOME.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with PIT trip Itinerary!   Need some help with PIT trip Itinerary! EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:24 pm

Sorry I missed this post. Bettis' Bar and Grill is a great place to visit and if you've got the stomach or the party size, get the 36oz steak. I'd challenge you to eat it all, because it's a freakin' awesome side of beef, but it catches up with you the day after which isn't enjoyable for travel.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Need some help with PIT trip Itinerary! 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with PIT trip Itinerary!   Need some help with PIT trip Itinerary! EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 5:23 pm

If you want a fantastic dinner with a killer view, go to Monterrey Bay on the hills.

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with PIT trip Itinerary!   Need some help with PIT trip Itinerary! EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 6:42 am

Is that off the incline? Where is that? The name just sounds like they have fantastic food

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Need some help with PIT trip Itinerary! 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with PIT trip Itinerary!   Need some help with PIT trip Itinerary! EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 11:13 am

Yup close to the incline:

https://montereybayfishgrotto.com/pittsburgh/

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with PIT trip Itinerary!   Need some help with PIT trip Itinerary! EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 3:24 pm

http://www.steelcityunderground.com/guides/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with PIT trip Itinerary!   Need some help with PIT trip Itinerary! Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some help with PIT trip Itinerary!
Page 1 of 1