Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeA trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years.... Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years....

Go down 
+3
solardave
Steeler-in-west
effyou515
7 posters
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years.... Empty
PostSubject: A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years....   A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years.... EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 7:58 am

Quote :
A look back at Steelers' 8 Super Bowl appearances
https://triblive.com/sports/a-look-back-at-steelers-8-super-bowl-appearances/

Some great historic images, the Steelers have done a good job over the years adjusting to Free Agency and salary cap from the days where the draft was 90% to replenish young talent.

And once again the truth is found

Last edited by effyou515 on Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years....   A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years.... EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 8:11 am

Quote :
Ranking the best 57 plays in Steelers' Super Bowl history
https://triblive.com/sports/ranking-the-best-57-plays-in-steelers-super-bowl-history/

We're spoiled with some rich football history, the Chief and sons put together great teams where a lot of those founding principals are still alive today.

solardave and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years....   A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years.... EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 5:49 pm

Great article, hopefully we get an updated version soon.

Bradshaw's 73 yard TD to Stallworth in XIV is still the first image that comes to mind when this subject comes up.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years....   A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years.... EmptyWed Apr 12, 2023 3:14 am

Good stuff Eff as usual. Man I miss the days when smash mouth was actually that.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years....   A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years.... EmptyWed Apr 12, 2023 9:06 am

When I lived south of Cleveland in the 70s Hoolihan and Big Chuck then it was Big Chuck and Lil John in Cleveland, Ohio was show on Friday nights 11:30 that showed B movies and had comedy skits during commercials.

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years....   A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years.... EmptyWed Apr 12, 2023 4:10 pm

When football was really football...

vasteeler likes this post

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years....   A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years.... EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 8:31 pm

These days the field would be yellow due to all of the flags on the ground... Lol

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years....   A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years.... EmptyWed Jun 21, 2023 3:52 am

RIP Clark Haggans
https://steelersnow.com/former-steelers-linebacker-clark-haggans-dies-at-46/
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years....   A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years.... EmptyThu Jun 22, 2023 4:25 pm

RIP Mr. Haggans way to soon.

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years....   A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years.... EmptySun Jul 16, 2023 2:50 am

Man, that 70s team was just awesome. What an incredible group of talent put together. Even the non-HOF players were fantastic.... Bleir....Cunnigham....Wagner. Too many to list. To me Lambert is Steelers D personified....I wish they could still play like that.

So many great plays too in our SBs. Steelers have some of the greatest in SB history....Parkers run...Harrison...Stallworth to the post 2x over his head...Swann's Catch...Holmes tip toeing the line for the winner.

pczach

PostSubject: Re: A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years....   A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years.... EmptySun Jul 16, 2023 8:05 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Man, that 70s team was just awesome. What an incredible group of talent put together. Even the non-HOF players were fantastic.... Bleir....Cunnigham....Wagner. Too many to list. To me Lambert is Steelers D personified....I wish they could still play like that.

So many great plays too in our SBs. Steelers have some of the greatest in SB history....Parkers run...Harrison...Stallworth to the post 2x over his head...Swann's Catch...Holmes tip toeing the line for the winner.

A couple quarterbacks weren't too bad either! A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years.... 1f60e

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years....   A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years.... EmptyTue Jul 18, 2023 4:00 am

This is not a called play when talking about Great Plays. However what Steeler fan can deny the GREATNESS here?

LambertWardSteel and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years....   A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years.... EmptySun Jul 30, 2023 2:58 pm

pczach wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:

A couple quarterbacks weren't too bad either!  A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years.... 1f60e

Yep A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years.... 230572241 I didn't mean to exclude anyone it's just hard to write out all that were on those teams.

PostSubject: Re: A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years....   A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years.... EmptySun Jul 30, 2023 3:04 pm

solardave wrote:

This is not a called play when talking about Great Plays. However what Steeler fan can deny the GREATNESS here?

Oh yeah, Lambert at his best. I saw him one time after his career talking about this and he was saying the ref told him he was out of the game, and he said something like..you can't kick me out it's the SB. He said the ref told him something like: then you behave yourself.

PostSubject: Re: A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years....   A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years.... Empty

Back to top Go down

A trip down Memory Lane, the Glory Years....
Page 1 of 1