Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGame Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Falcons) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Falcons)

Go down 
+3
Gingerchip
Drizztbob
Wallace108
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Falcons) Empty
PostSubject: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Falcons)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Falcons) EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 5:42 pm

Game Balls

William Gay. Three pick 6s in one season. Enough said.

Cam Heyward. The defense looked good at times and bad at times, but Heyward was the one player who really stood out regardless of how anyone else was playing. He's a beast. But he needs more consistent help.

Wheaton. Yeah, he didn't do anything spectacular and didn't put up big numbers, but he caught everything thrown to him and made plays when the ball came his way. With all the talk about Brown and Bryant, Wheaton has become the forgotten receiver, but he's had a decent year as a first-time starter. He's not the go-to guy like Brown, and he hasn't made the big plays like Bryant, but he's been consistent and has quietly had a solid season.

Vince Williams. Nothing spectacular, but he had a good game and has played a lot more than I would have expected the past few weeks. Compared to Shazier and Spence, Williams looks like a seasoned veteran out there.

Goats

Somebody will probably mention someone I'm forgetting, but as of now, no one gets a Goat.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Falcons)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Falcons) EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 8:36 pm

The ref who flagged Woirlds for the penalty is the goat.

Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Falcons)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Falcons) EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:09 pm

Well, it just sucks that I didn't get to watch the game, but thank God for Steeler's Radio and game replays/highlights.  So, from what I heard/observed:

Game Balls:  Gay, DD, Miller, AB, Bell, BR7, Heyward, Williams, and Steeler Fans for providing the home field atmosphere.

Goats:  Some of the play calling (refs)

Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Falcons) We_bel10
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Falcons)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Falcons) EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 2:14 am

Game Ball: Ben, Brown, Wheaton, Williams, Bell ( for being our decoy) and Haley for calling run plays to keep them loading the box.

Goats: Refs and ( Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Falcons) 1072540953 ) Brown for those 2 penalties on one play. They were so blatant I almost missed them.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Falcons)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Falcons) EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 9:02 am

You would think the refs were so biased because it was a home game, but from the amount of booing they received for their shitty calls, I was sure it was being played in Pittsburgh!! I think THEY should be getting some letters in the mail.

kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Falcons)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Falcons) EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 9:58 am

Game Balls:

Big Play Will Gay

Cam Heyward

Vince Williams

Goats:

Defense on bubble screens - they didn't allow deep passes, but still gave up big chunks on WR screens. Sadly, I think that's something Ike defends very well ... so I guess I'm willing to say I missed Ike?

Ref on the roughing the passer call - that was a very bad call.

Special Mention Goat:

Offense - They were lucky to win this game. If they walked out of that dome with a loss, we'd all be talking about how they were kicking fieldgoals instead of scoring TDs against another low-ranking defense.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Falcons)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Falcons) EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 5:55 pm

Game ball: William Gay

Goats: Defense on bubble screens, the refs.

I didn't get to watch the game as closely as I normally would but I was happy that I was able to watch a win while at family Christmas. Every year I have to miss one game because of it but thankfully this year it was on cable here and the place we celebrate at had a TV on.

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Falcons)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Falcons) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 10:29 am

Missed goat: Cam Thomas.

If you read my latest blog, I don't have kind words for this guy. Several times he was just standing there when the ball was snapped. On the Roddy White TD, he was standing, looking around, the ball is snapped, and before he even gets up to a lineman to try and make ANY effort, Ryan has already released the ball. (This happened more than once in this game.)

I know he's a big guy, but he doesn't appear to have the physical fitness, nor the drive to chase down opponents like McLendon or McCullers does. I honestly thought McCullers would look the way CT does, but instead, Big Mac gets in a stance, gets a push, sometimes eats a double team (freeing someone else) and also runs his ass off until the whistle is blown.

I totally agree with the game balls for Heyward, Wheaton and Williams. #98 reminds me of a young James Harrison. He has a mean streak and a motor that won't quit. Wheaton has quietly had a nice year, and grabs just about anything thrown his way. I was high on Heyward early this year and predicted he'd make the Pro Bowl, but only having second thoughts because not many 3-4 DE's get chosen... not saying he isn't deserving, but he may get snubbed for that reason IMO.

http://steelcityunderground.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Falcons)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Falcons) Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Falcons)
Page 1 of 1