Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBell, Brown, Pouncey named to AP's 2014 All Pro Team (article) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bell, Brown, Pouncey named to AP's 2014 All Pro Team (article)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Bell, Brown, Pouncey named to AP's 2014 All Pro Team (article) Empty
PostSubject: Bell, Brown, Pouncey named to AP's 2014 All Pro Team (article)   Bell, Brown, Pouncey named to AP's 2014 All Pro Team (article) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 4:58 pm

From what I've read, this is considered prestigious (way more than the pro bowl)

Steelers receiver Antonio Brown, running back Le’Veon Bell and center Maurkice Pouncey were named to the All-Pro team today.

Brown, who is in his fifth season, set franchise records for most receptions (129) and receiving yards (1,698), and he scored 14 touchdowns. This is Brown’s first first-team All-Pro selection. He was named second-team All-Pro last season.

It is the first All-Pro recognition for Bell, who set the franchise record for yards from scrimmage in a season, 2,215 (1,361 rushing and 854 receiving).

Pouncey earned All-Pro honors for the fourth time. He made it his first three seasons in the league from 2010-12. He missed 15 games last season because of a knee injury.

The All-Pro team is selected by a nationwide panel of 50 media members who regularly cover the league.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/01/02/Steelers-Antonio-Brown-Le-Veon-Bell-Maurkice-Pouncey-named-to-All-Pro-team-Pittsburgh/stories/201501020131

Bell, Brown, Pouncey named to AP's 2014 All Pro Team (article) We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Bell, Brown, Pouncey named to AP's 2014 All Pro Team (article) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bell, Brown, Pouncey named to AP's 2014 All Pro Team (article)   Bell, Brown, Pouncey named to AP's 2014 All Pro Team (article) EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 7:02 pm

Soft-spoken Pouncey grows into role as one of Steelers' team leaders

By Mark Kaboly
Saturday, Aug. 15, 2015

Bell, Brown, Pouncey named to AP's 2014 All Pro Team (article) Jpeg

Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey, a four-time Pro Bowler, allowed one sack and two quarterback hurries last season while playing more snaps than any other center in the league. 'When you are a competitor, you want to be out there and be great,' Pouncey said.

Center of attention

Aside from three years in the 2000s, the Steelers have had five centers in 50 years:

Name Years Starts Accolades

Ray Mansfield 1966-75 111 Two-time second-team All-Pro

Mike Webster 1976-88 194 Nine Pro Bowls, five-time first-team All-Pro, Hall of Fame

Dermontti Dawson 1989-2000 176 Seven Pro Bowls, six-time first-team All-Pro, Hall of Fame

Jeff Hartings 2001-06 89 Two Pro Bowls, first-team All-Pro

Maurkice Pouncey 2010-present 62 Four Pro Bowls, two-time first-team All-Pro

Maurkice Pouncey, a four-time Pro Bowler and two-time first-team All-Pro, wasn't thrilled about being told he had to watch the Steelers' first preseason game against the Minnesota Vikings.

So one can imagine his reaction when Mike Tomlin decided to put Pouncey on the physically unable to perform list, mostly for precautionary reasons, the day the Steelers reported to training camp two weeks earlier.

“I told coach that I didn't want to go on PUP,” Pouncey said. “It (stinks) watching. It is hard sitting there and watching. I didn't want to do it.”

Pouncey did enough watching two years ago to last a career.

Eight snaps into the 2013 season, Pouncey tore up one of his knees and was lost for the year when guard David DeCastro accidentally lunged into the side of Pouncey's leg on a run play.

It was a devastating loss for the Steelers and continues to have a profound and lasting effect on Pouncey.

That's why Pouncey didn't want to start the season on PUP.

That's why he wanted to play in the made-for-backups game against the Vikings, the first of five preseason games.

That's why he was one of the first players on the field Friday at EverBank Field for what was another meaningless game for the highest-paid and arguably the best center in the game.

“I saw what it was like not being able to play, I saw what it was like to retire and I saw what it was like not being able to run out of the tunnel with the guys before. That was a terrible feeling,” Pouncey said. “I tell people all the time it was humbling. It was a reality check whenever you are at the top and it's taken away from you. … You really see how much you love something.”

Though it was a difficult period in his career, it wasn't all bad for Pouncey. He was able to grow in a way that has shown up almost two years later: leadership.

Because he wasn't able to contribute on the field during his recovery, he found another way to be involved.

The Steelers' offensive linemen were struggling to relate to then-new offensive line coach Jack Bicknell Jr. and needed help.

Enter Pouncey.

to read rest of article:

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/8917702-74/pouncey-pro-team#ixzz3j1OBJQl7
Back to top Go down

Bell, Brown, Pouncey named to AP's 2014 All Pro Team (article)
Page 1 of 1