Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeLe'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article)

Go down 
+2
solardave
stlrtruck
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article) Empty
PostSubject: Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article)   Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article) EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 3:32 pm

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell was voted the team’s MVP today, becoming the seventh Steelers running back and first since Willie Parker (2006) to earn the honor.

With one game remaining, Bell already has set a single-season franchise record for yards from scrimmage, with 2,115. His 77 catches and 774 receiving yards also are team single-season records for a running back. He has 11 total touchdowns this season.

Bell’s 1,341 rushing yards are second in the NFL, and earlier in the season the former Michigan State Spartan recorded 200 yards from scrimmage in three straight games, becoming only the second NFL player to accomplish the feat. Bears legend Walter Payton was the other.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/12/23/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Le-Veon-Bell-2014-team-MVP/stories/201412230178

Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article) 1647293567 Well deserved

Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article) We_bel10
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article)   Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article) EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 3:43 pm

congrats Bell, now go out and toll for #7

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article)   Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article) EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 3:46 pm

Thought this was worth adding to this thread:

Ron Cook: Ben Roethlisberger's unique take on Steelers' MVP

Everybody has an opinion about the Steelers’ Most Valuable Player award, which will be presented today. Some like Antonio Brown. Others like Le’Veon Bell. Still others say it’s Ben Roethlisberger. There’s even been a suggestion or two that the team should announce tri-MVPs.

For Roethlisberger, it’s a surprisingly easy call.

“I vote for Heath Miller every year.”

Roethlisberger calls Miller the greatest teammate of his 11-year career. He is more than happy to explain.

“It’s everything. It’s more than just football. Obviously, he’s the best all-around tight end that has played this game in a long time. That’s taking nothing away from [Jason] Witten or [Antonio] Gates or whoever else has done it. The things we ask him to do in the run game, taking double-teams, pulling, doing things like that, tight ends don’t do that nowadays. Tight ends are mostly either blockers or receivers. He does it all.

“He never complains about a thing. We’re pulling him in his 10th year against Tamba Hali and these other linebackers and [Terrell] Suggs, and you never hear a thing from him … I’ll be like, ‘Heath, were you open on that play?’ He’ll go, ‘Ah, it was close.’ Then, I’ll look at the picture, and there was no one around him. I’ve never seen him put his hand up that he was open or complain about anything. And he’s the first guy to go celebrate with the guy who scores the touchdown. He doesn’t care if he doesn’t catch any balls. If we win, that’s all that Heath Miller cares about. That’s what makes him special.”

You should have heard Miller gush when he was told of Roethlisberger’s comments.

“It’s certainly a great compliment.”

That’s gushing for Miller.

More:http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2014/12/23/Ron-Cook-Ben-Roethlisberger-s-unique-take-on-Steelers-MVP/stories/201412230100

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article)   Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article) EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 4:45 am

Heath Miller is the most under rated TE in the business and he is a great team mate like Ben said. Maybe he does deserve this award. I love what Bell has done but I vote for HEEEATH Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article) 1647293567
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article)   Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article) EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 9:07 am

TEAM MVP...that's what it's all about. Not individual accolades. I agree with Ben, it should be Heath.

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article)   Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article) EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 10:19 am

I say no one gets Team MVP until #7 is in hand

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article) 3056903510

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article)   Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article) EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 1:05 pm

stlrtruck wrote:

You drive a hard bargain Truck but count me in. Then I vote for Heath.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article)   Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article) EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 3:46 pm

solardave wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

You drive a hard bargain Truck but count me in. Then I vote for Heath.

Fair enough. In that case, Heath gets my vote too.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article)   Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article) EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 10:40 am

I love the way Heath Miller plays the game. Dude goes out and does the tough work and takes a lot of punishment for it. He is everything a Steelers' TE should be.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article)   Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article) EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 1:54 pm

Heath Miller is an old-school kind of Steelers player. He represents exactly what a Steelers player should be. And he's been highly underrated his entire career. If we were talking about a career-achievement award, Miller would definitely be worthy. But I don't agree that he deserved to be the team's MVP this season. In past seasons perhaps, but not this season. Bell and Brown are the obvious choices, along with Ben at a close third. If you take Miller off the team this year, I think we're still fine. If you take Bell or Brown away, we finish below .500. I think Bell was the right choice for MVP, although I wouldn't have disagreed if it had been Brown.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article)   Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article) EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 12:09 am

With Bell's injury, it brings up an interesting question for anyone who thought that Miller was the MVP this season (because Ben votes for Heath every year). Heading into the wildcard game against the Ravens, who would you rather be without ... Bell or Miller?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article)   Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article) EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 9:25 am

Well, because Blount walked his way out of the locker room, therefore leaving us a stud RB at backup, I'd rather be without Heath.

Had Blount still been on the team, then it would have been a toss up.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article)   Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article) EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 3:32 pm

Quote :
With Bell's injury, it brings up an interesting question for anyone who thought that Miller was the MVP this season (because Ben votes for Heath every year). Heading into the wildcard game against the Ravens, who would you rather be without ... Bell or Miller?

Neither.

But if my back was against a wall with a gun at my head, then I'd say ring the Bell.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article)   Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article) Empty

Back to top Go down

Le'Veon Bell earns Steelers' 2014 MVP honor (article)
Page 1 of 1