Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDon't forget about the Steelers practice squad players Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players Empty
PostSubject: Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players   Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 10:15 am

There's a few interesting guys we should pay attention to.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/4/5/8346005/dont-forget-about-the-pittsburgh-steelers-practice-squad-players

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players   Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 1:49 pm

If Howard Jones progresses this offseason, he may have the best chance based on our thin OLB corps. I equate him to James Harrison's struggle to make a roster and then get playing time.

Villaneuva is a long shot at best.

Goodwin, I'm not so sure of. He's at best the 5th option, should they dress 5 WRs. If they don't draft a WR, he'll get an opportunity to at least make the practice squad. He's in the same position of Derek Moye and Justin Brown from the last 2 years.

Ethan Hemer might be someone to watch, but I'm truly upset we lost Josh Mauro to the Cardinals.

http://steelcityunderground.com
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players   Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 2:10 pm

SteelCityUnderground wrote:
If Howard Jones progresses this offseason, he may have the best chance based on our thin OLB corps. I equate him to James Harrison's struggle to make a roster and then get playing time.

Yeah, he's definitely someone to keep an eye on. Last preseason he seemed to always be around the ball making plays. I'm not sure if he was good or just lucky. We could use a little bit of both. Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players   Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 2:12 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
SteelCityUnderground wrote:

Yeah, he's definitely someone to keep an eye on. Last preseason he seemed to always be around the ball making plays. I'm not sure if he was good or just lucky. We could use a little bit of both. Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players 1797695198

I watched him like a hawk and was on board before those touchdowns. I'm rooting for him. Seeing him return that one fumble to basically win a preseason game was the most fun I'd had at one of those games in years... if not EVER!

http://steelcityunderground.com
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players   Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:33 pm

Is Moye still on the practice squad? Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players 1797695198

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players   Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:38 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
Is Moye still on the practice squad? Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players 1797695198

Yes. But not the Steelers' practice squad. He's now in Tennessee. Or as we shall come to know it ... Pittsburgh South.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players   Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:41 pm

That hurts my heart a little.

Cardinals and Titans.... just need a few more teams to fill in for Steelers East and North.

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players   Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 8:05 pm

We should have a pretty good team this year the defense is still in question though.

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players   Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 8:08 pm

Galax Steeler wrote:
We should have a pretty good team this year the defense is still in question though.

It has been quite the changing of the guard with the offense being the power house and the defense struggling over the last several years.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players   Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 9:59 am

SteelersYak wrote:
That hurts my heart a little.

Cardinals and Titans.... just need a few more teams to fill in for Steelers East and North.

Bills are the closest thing to Pittsburgh North.

Recent players:

Doug Legursky (Bills in 2013, Chargers in 2014)
Kraig Urbik
Stevenson Sylvester (UFA)
Justin Brown

Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players 1797695198

PostSubject: Re: Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players   Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't forget about the Steelers practice squad players
Page 1 of 1