Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers sign 11 players to practice squad  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers sign 11 players to practice squad

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LambertWardSteel

Steelers sign 11 players to practice squad  Empty
PostSubject: Steelers sign 11 players to practice squad    Steelers sign 11 players to practice squad  EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 5:49 pm

Looks like Patterson doesn't make it, no Toussaint either. From Ed bouchette at PPG:

The Steelers’ 11-man practice squad signed on Sunday consists of players who all had been on the team’s 90-man roster and cleared waivers.

The 10 on the regular practice squad include:
LB Keion Adams, CB Brian Allen, RB Jarvion Franklin, WR Trey Griffey, TE Bucky Hodges, DE Lavon Hooks, lB Farrington Huguenin, WR Tevin Jones, C Patrick Morris, and OL R.J. Prince. In addition, TE Christian Scotland-Williamson, also with them in camp, is 11th on the squad through the International Player Pathway program.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/09/02/Steelers-sign-11-players-to-practice-squad-NFL/stories/201809020190

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign 11 players to practice squad    Steelers sign 11 players to practice squad  EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 10:05 am

Of all these guys the one I'm puzzled about is Brian Allen. In the last preseason game he just looked to me like he wasn't interested in playing. Missed tackles. Not pursuing once one or two other guys were in on a tackle. Bad angles, you name it. I don't care if he is 6'3" if he's lazy we could have put someone more deserving on this squad. Just my opinion for what it's worth.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign 11 players to practice squad    Steelers sign 11 players to practice squad  EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 7:22 pm

Surprised Patterson didn't make it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign 11 players to practice squad    Steelers sign 11 players to practice squad  EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 12:41 am

If Bell continues to hold out I wonder if Toussaint is back on practice squad.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign 11 players to practice squad    Steelers sign 11 players to practice squad  EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 8:37 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

He suffered an injury in the final game. I'm thinking we'll see him again.

LambertWardSteel wrote:

Fitz is no longer eligible for the practice squad. He reportedly visited with the Colts yesterday.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign 11 players to practice squad    Steelers sign 11 players to practice squad  EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 2:04 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

He suffered an injury in the final game. I'm thinking we'll see him again.

LambertWardSteel wrote:

Fitz is no longer eligible for the practice squad. He reportedly visited with the Colts yesterday.

Ok, thanks.

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign 11 players to practice squad    Steelers sign 11 players to practice squad  EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 4:38 pm

I expect Patterson to be back too once he's healed. If not, I'm going to be seriously disappointed. Great story and he looks like he's going to play in the NFL for years.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign 11 players to practice squad    Steelers sign 11 players to practice squad  EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 4:45 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
I expect Patterson to be back too once he's healed. If not, I'm going to be seriously disappointed. Great story and he looks like he's going to play in the NFL for years.

Yeah, he definitely has a great story. Add that to the fact he went to my alma mater and there's no way I can't root for him.

Unrelated, but Fitz grew up about 10 minutes from me, so I was sad his stay was so short. But I've been seeing rumors that the Steelers are interested in John Simon, who also grew up about 20 minutes from where I live. Y-Town is becoming Pittsburgh West. Steelers sign 11 players to practice squad  792589548

Anthony Smith went to my high school, but I'm not sure if we still claim him.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign 11 players to practice squad    Steelers sign 11 players to practice squad  EmptyWed Sep 05, 2018 1:06 pm

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign 11 players to practice squad    Steelers sign 11 players to practice squad  EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 10:24 am

I can't say I remember any era in my life as a Steeler fan where there was so many multiple brothers playing in the league. 3 Edmunds brothers. 3 Watt brothers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign 11 players to practice squad    Steelers sign 11 players to practice squad  Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1