Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThe official NFL "cuts" thread. Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

The official NFL "cuts" thread.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

The official NFL "cuts" thread. Empty
PostSubject: The official NFL "cuts" thread.   The official NFL "cuts" thread. EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 5:08 pm

We can post all NFL team cuts here as they are released.

Besides the already mentioned cuts by the Ravens of Derrick Mason, Willis McGahee, Todd Heap and Kelly Gregg, here are some more announced/rumored cuts starting with the next post:

Last edited by Buddha Bus on Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: The official NFL "cuts" thread.   The official NFL "cuts" thread. EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 5:14 pm

Updated: July 26, 2011, 3:21 PM ET
Sources: Cowboys to cut Roy Williams, Marion Barber, others.
By Calvin Watkins
ESPNDallas.com
Archive

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys will cut ties with wide receiver Roy Williams, multiple sources said Tuesday.

Team owner and general manager Jerry Jones met with some players Tuesday morning and told them not to bother reporting to training camp Wednesday in San Antonio because they will be cut.

Marion Barber, Pro Bowl guard Leonard Davis and kicker Kris Brown also will not be returning to the Cowboys, multiple sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and ESPNDallas.com.

By cutting Williams, the Cowboys will save $5 million against the salary cap because he has been designated as a June 1 cut.

(Read More:) http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/6803845/dallas-cowboys-cut-receiver-roy-williams

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: The official NFL "cuts" thread.   The official NFL "cuts" thread. EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 5:16 pm

Updated: July 26, 2011, 4:08 PM ET
Source: Patriots will cut Banta-Cain
ESPNBoston.com

The New England Patriots have informed linebacker Tully Banta-Cain they will cut him Thursday, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter Tuesday.

The move comes just days after Banta-Cain underwent surgery for an abdominal injury. He was expected to have a four- to five-week recovery period. Banta-Cain could be released as soon as Thursday at 4:01 p.m. ET, when the NFL re-opens waivers.

The eight-year veteran had sustained the injury last season, and in meeting with team doctors at the end of the year, it was decided that no surgery was required. But Banta-Cain tweaked the injury in recent workouts, a source told ESPNBoston.com.

(Read More:) http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/6803428/source-tully-banta-cain-cut-new-england-patriots

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: The official NFL "cuts" thread.   The official NFL "cuts" thread. EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 5:19 pm

'Thanks for great 8 years': Barnett says time with Pack is over
Associated Press
Published: July 26, 2011 at 04:25 p.m. Updated: July 26, 2011 at 04:48 p.m.

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Nick Barnett waved as he drove out of the parking lot, marking what appears to be the fiery linebacker's last time at Lambeau Field as a player for the Green Bay Packers.

Barnett was among the first Packers to return to Lambeau when the doors to team facilities re-opened to players on Tuesday morning. He didn't stay long and then posted a series of messages on his Twitter account making it clear he had been told his time with the Packers is over.

"Just met with Ted," Barnett posted, presumably referring to Packers general manager Ted Thompson. "Thanks for the great 8 years."

Barnett said he was "very blessed" to be a part of "such a great tradition and great fans."

Barnett, who finished last season on injured reserve after hurting his right wrist Oct. 3, said he was happy to be part of the team's run to the Super Bowl championship last season and "will always keep a special place in my heart for this team and city."

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820fc98c/article/thanks-for-great-8-years-barnett-says-time-with-pack-is-over?module=HP11_headline_stack

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The official NFL "cuts" thread.   The official NFL "cuts" thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

The official NFL "cuts" thread.
Page 1 of 1