Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Fever Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Fever

Go down 
+14
tony hipchest
SteelersYak
Lokki
kirklandrules
Master_Of_Puppets
StainlessStill
Drizztbob
Vis
Gingerchip
IowaSteeler927
Galax Steeler
Wallace108
Buddha Bus
Bays
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bays

Bays

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever EmptySat May 02, 2015 12:45 am

We still have a lot of members of SF that haven't ventured this way yet & i'm making this post for the simple reasoning that they may see it on Google! I would love nothing more than to have everyone back entirely and i'm so happy with how many of you have come around. Absolutely amazing how easy this transition has been and how quickly this forum has become our home!

I for one have always loved it here at SX, and for those of you that recognize me from Steelers Fever, you should know I was an administrator here, too! Hell, i'm back at it now and plan on giving everything I have. Always loved this place and the atmosphere we had at SF wouldn't have been a reality if not for my time here. @Wallace108 is truly an amazing owner and an amazing guy and together, as a community, we'll all do amazing! Best forum on the internet here, and it's all thanks to everyone involved.

Here's to everyone here and everyone out there that'll find their way here soon! Thank you all so much.

Nate

Last edited by bayz101 on Sat May 02, 2015 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever EmptySat May 02, 2015 12:46 am

Steelers Fever may be dead, but the party has just begun! Steelers Fever 469886443

Can't wait to get to work. Too bad my job has kept me super busy. Steelers Fever 1797695198

Buddha Bus

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever EmptySat May 02, 2015 12:56 am

With guys like Wally and you running the show around here, we'll be in good hands. No dumbass outsider to fuck up the deal, just true Steelers family. Thanks for all you and Wally do, Bagz. Without you guys, most of us would still be wandering the internets wilderness as lost cyber-souls.

It's time to make SX even bigger and better than SF was. It will take a little time and patience, but with great ownership, dedicated admins/mods, and an amazing collection of members we can build this into the next great Steelers message board. Steelers Fever 2287965686 Steelers Fever 1948569602 Steelers Fever 348340646

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:11 am

bayz101 wrote:
I for one have always loved it here at SF

Steelers Fever IMG-referee-flag

Steelers Fever 943753697

Steelers Fever 1797695198

bayz101 wrote:
Always loved this place and the atmosphere we had at SF wouldn't have been a reality if not for my time here.

We actually talked about that in the other Fever thread. A few people have said that SX is turning into Fever. But the reality is that Fever was turned into SX because of you degenerates.  Steelers Fever 1797695198  

bayz101 wrote:
@Wallace108 is truly an amazing owner and an amazing guy and together, as a community, we'll all do amazing! Best forum on the internet here, and it's all thanks to everyone involved.

As a smart ass, I'm much better at taking insults than compliments. But thanks for the kind words Nate. I have no idea what the future holds for SX and what direction we go in as a community. But as a diehard Steelers fan, a founding member of the Night Owls and Halfway House, a member of the Braintrust, and now (I'd like to believe) an honorary member of the Herd, I can promise everyone that what happened at Fever will never happen here at SX. Unlike Matthew, I'm not in this for the money (and that's a good thing, because there isn't any).

Buddha Bus wrote:
No dumbass outsider to fuck up the deal, just true Steelers family.

We don't need any outsider help. We do a good job of fucking things up on our own.  Ben LOL

Buddha Bus wrote:
Thanks for all you and Wally do, Bagz. Without you guys, most of us would still be wandering the internets wilderness as lost cyber-souls.

I can't take any credit. All credit for keeping the Fever community together goes to Bagz, along with Iowa and whoever else was helping with the Fever Facebook page and directing everyone to SX. The only thing I can take credit for is forgetting to lock the door.  Steelers Fever 273451046  Steelers Fever 1797695198

Buddha Bus wrote:
It's time to make SX even bigger and better than SF was. It will take a little time and patience, but with great ownership, dedicated admins/mods, and an amazing collection of members we can build this into the next great Steelers message board. Steelers Fever 2287965686 Steelers Fever 1948569602 Steelers Fever 348340646

Either that, or we'll burn this bitch to the ground. Either way, we'll have fun doing it. Steelers Fever 230572241

EDIT: That was a joke. We're not burning this bitch to the ground. Steelers Fever 2988561446

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Last edited by Wallace108 on Sat May 02, 2015 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:35 am

bayz101 wrote:
I for one have always loved it here at SF

wallace108 wrote:

Steelers Fever IMG-referee-flag

Steelers Fever 943753697

Steelers Fever 1797695198

Fucking editor. Steelers Fever 3798349058

Can't win. Steelers Fever 1664291743

Wallace108

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:11 am

bayz101 wrote:
Fucking editor. Steelers Fever 3798349058

Can't win. Steelers Fever 1664291743

HA! You edited your post and undermined my joke. Steelers Fever 124247948 I'll just have to use my admin skills and edit it back in. Steelers Fever 3798349058

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:37 am

Thanks guys great board and great members.

IowaSteeler927

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever EmptySat May 02, 2015 5:18 am

I for one would just like to thank the Steelers Xtreme team for welcoming all of us wayward souls to your forum. It sucks that Steelers Fever went down, but I think the future here is a bright one. Many thank yous, and much appreciation for being so welcoming.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever EmptySat May 02, 2015 5:44 am

Up until a few weeks ago, SX was an unknown forum where a small group of Steelers fans hung out. We didn't have many members or a lot of activity, but we were fine with that because we were all friends and enjoyed each other's company. It would have been easy for us to shut down the forum and relocate to another forum with more activity. But that was never an option. We never even discussed it. We knew that we'd never be a large forum like Fever or SU, but we were fine with that. While we nonchalantly tried to lure in a few new members, we were content with our small group of friends.

And then overnight it all changed. The influx of new members was totally unexpected, but certainly not unwelcomed. As I'm sure most of you have come to realize, SX really isn't much different than Fever. That shouldn't be surprising considering some of the people who helped build SX (like Buddha, Bayz, and Mom) also helped rebuild and redefine Fever.

I know most of you still think of yourselves as Fever refugees (or whatever you want to call it). Hopefully you soon start to think of yourselves as members of the SX family. Because that's how I already think of you. Steelers Fever 2685281973

Since we're throwing around thanks and credit in this thread, I want to take a minute to thank a few people who rarely get the thanks and credit they deserve.

@stlrtruck and @SteelersYak have been a part of SX since Day 1. Their friendship over the years has meant the world to me. Without them, SX would not exist.

I also want to thank our mods, @Gingerchip, @Drizztbob, @kirklandrules, and @solardave. Without their friendship and belief in what we were trying to do here, I'm not sure SX could have survived. I'm still not sure why none of them gave up on SX and went back to Fever or another board with more activity. But for whatever reason they all stuck around and believed in SX, and I can't thank them enough.

I'd thank all the Fever members for joining us, but as far as I'm concerned, there are no more Fever members. You're all now part of the SX family. Sucks for you. Steelers Fever 1919150556

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever EmptySat May 02, 2015 7:12 am

Wallace108 wrote:
But for whatever reason they all stuck around and believed in SX, and I can't thank them enough

Well, at least one female had to stick around to keep all you guys in line.    Steelers Fever 3579401738

Besides, it was on this forum that my very life was saved.  When the Rooney's released Hines, you guys (and Buddha) kept me from burning my terrible towel and jumping off of the ledge.  Thus, I humbly owe you all my  black and gold soul and life. Steelers Fever 2551600555

Steelers Fever We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever EmptySat May 02, 2015 7:21 am

Wait to see what happens if the SN refugees find this place.

Wallace108

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever EmptySat May 02, 2015 8:19 am

Vis wrote:

SN? SteelerNation?

Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever EmptySat May 02, 2015 8:34 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Vis wrote:

SN? SteelerNation?

Yes. They had a purge of some kind. Where did we first meet?

Buddha Bus

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever EmptySat May 02, 2015 9:16 am

bayz101 wrote:
Always loved this place and the atmosphere we had at SF wouldn't have been a reality if not for my time here.

Wallace108 wrote:
We actually talked about that in the other Fever thread. A few people have said that SX is turning into Fever. But the reality is that Fever was turned into SX because of you degenerates.  Steelers Fever 1797695198  

That is 100% true. A lot of the shenanigans and humor started in the Night Owls/Halfway House at SU and SX pretty much became the Halfway House. It's why we never needed a private group here for it. I brought a lot of that same sensibility to SF when I went there and others like Mom, Bayz, Jon, and vasteeler were already poisoned with the same Halfway House nonsense and present at SF. Couple that with the natural sense of humor that guys like Tony, Ric, MoP, Shea, and MattsMe had who were righting that ship and allowed it to happen (as well as actively participated), and others soon came out of their shells and joined in the fun. The atmosphere here at SX/The Halfway House/Night Owls had a huge influence in the direction SF went in

bayz101 wrote:
@Wallace108 is truly an amazing owner and an amazing guy and together, as a community, we'll all do amazing! Best forum on the internet here, and it's all thanks to everyone involved.

It truly takes a team effort to make a great message board and that includes all of the posters as well as the admins/mods.  Steelers Fever 2685281973

Wallace108 wrote:
As a smart ass, I'm much better at taking insults than compliments. But thanks for the kind words Nate. I have no idea what the future holds for SX and what direction we go in as a community. But as a diehard Steelers fan, a founding member of the Night Owls and Halfway House, a member of the Braintrust, and now (I'd like to believe) an honorary member of the Herd, I can promise everyone that what happened at Fever will never happen here at SX. Unlike Matthew, I'm not in this for the money (and that's a good thing, because there isn't any).

God, you are so stupid, poopy pants! Feel better now?  Steelers Fever 3798349058

And there is no "honorary" member of The Herd... you're either in or you're out, buddy. As far as I'm concerned, you are a full-blown elder of The Herd as it is pretty much just the updated version of The Night Owls... just with more beaver pics. MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Buddha Bus wrote:
Thanks for all you and Wally do, Bagz. Without you guys, most of us would still be wandering the internets wilderness as lost cyber-souls.

Wallace108 wrote:
I can't take any credit. All credit for keeping the Fever community together goes to Bagz, along with Iowa and whoever else was helping with the Fever Facebook page and directing everyone to SX. The only thing I can take credit for is forgetting to lock the door.  Steelers Fever 273451046  Steelers Fever 1797695198  

Bullshit. Without you having ever dreamed (or was it drunkenly hallucinated?) this place into existence, we wouldn't have had it to congregate back together at and for THAT alone, we all deservedly thank you. Thanks to Bagz and Iowa as well for shining the beacon along the coastline for all of the lost ships to see. The whole SF community could easily have been lost or scattered to the winds if not for all of you.

Buddha Bus wrote:

Wallace108 wrote:
Either that, or we'll burn this bitch to the ground. Either way, we'll have fun doing it. Steelers Fever 230572241

EDIT: That was a joke. We're not burning this bitch to the ground. Steelers Fever 2988561446

You grossly underestimate my arson abilities! My superhero message board name is the Human Torch. Don't dare me.   Steelers Fever Quartetofantastico

EDIT: Upon further review, I forgot my original message board superhero identity is actually Sweet Ass Captain America.
I will be assessing a 10 word penalty on the previous post from the spot of the foul. Steelers Fever 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever EmptySat May 02, 2015 10:47 am

Hah! Glad to have everyone here...now could you just limit people to 50 posts a day so I can actually read and participate in these discussions??

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever EmptySat May 02, 2015 10:50 am

Drizztbob wrote:
Hah!  Glad to have everyone here...now could you just limit people to 50 posts a day so I can actually read and participate in these discussions??

You snooze you lose, Drizz! Just be thankful Galax hasn't gone into full post whore mode yet. Steelers Fever 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever EmptySat May 02, 2015 11:26 am

who's here from SF under a different name?

Wallace108

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever EmptySat May 02, 2015 12:18 pm

Vis wrote:
Yes. They had a purge of some kind.  Where did we first meet?  

I think we first met at SU. I wasn't at Fever very long before the first implosion.

Back to top Go down
StainlessStill
Xtreme Newb
StainlessStill

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever EmptySat May 02, 2015 6:35 pm

What's up guys!

Man, I had no idea of the migrate. I checked Steelers Fever every single day for the past like month and just figured the site was updating their servers and all of that internet stuff.

I then remembered that Steelers Fever had a Facebook so I just went there to see what's up and just now realized we're Steelers Xtreme now and that I registered awhile ago here.

Glad to see everyone's here now. Better late than never haha.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever EmptySat May 02, 2015 8:47 pm

Good to see you again @StainlessStill. Steelers Fever 230572241

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever EmptySat May 02, 2015 10:09 pm

StainlessStill wrote:
What's up guys!

Man, I had no idea of the migrate. I checked Steelers Fever every single day for the past like month and just figured the site was updating their servers and all of that internet stuff.

I then remembered that Steelers Fever had a Facebook so I just went there to see what's up and just now realized we're Steelers Xtreme now and that I registered awhile ago here.

Glad to see everyone's here now. Better late than never haha.
Steelers Fever Dunce-Cap-78757596509 Steelers Fever 1664291743
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever EmptySat May 02, 2015 10:09 pm

Wally and Bayz are right about SX being special and this place has the qualities that will make it an easy transition to go from a small community of friends into a large forum with many different personalities. In essence, we're a group of people looking for a place to have fun and share our pride in the Steelers ... and then there's Jon, but we like Jon because he's like that hairy cousin whose been crashing on our coach for 6 months and really has no plans to crash anywhere else ... he's just more fun to have around than not.
Steelers Fever 611739232

I'm looking forward to the direction this site goes over the next several months. After all, more than once I nearly pissed myself sitting in my office at work reading the posts of some of you sick, twisted individuals ... and I liked it. And what better way to spend my days but analyzing and debating the Pittsburgh Steelers? Sitting in the Chatbox during some of the draft and seeing the opinions from Hitman, Vis, Immaculate, Buddha and several others really made this draft much more fun than any in the recent past.

The only thing we're missing is .....

Steelers Fever 1650858226 Toga, Toga, TOGA!

Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever EmptySun May 03, 2015 7:19 am

Welcome to the board

Buddha Bus

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever EmptySun May 03, 2015 8:21 am

Welcome back, StainlessStill!

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever EmptySun May 03, 2015 8:31 am

kirklandrules wrote:
Wally and Bayz are right about SX being special and this place has the qualities that will make it an easy transition to go from a small community of friends into a large forum with many different personalities. In essence, we're a group of people looking for a place to have fun and share our pride in the Steelers ... and then there's Jon, but we like Jon because he's like that hairy cousin whose been crashing on our coach for 6 months and really has no plans to crash anywhere else ... he's just more fun to have around than not.
Steelers Fever 611739232

I'm looking forward to the direction this site goes over the next several months. After all, more than once I nearly pissed myself sitting in my office at work reading the posts of some of you sick, twisted individuals ... and I liked it. And what better way to spend my days but analyzing and debating the Pittsburgh Steelers? Sitting in the Chatbox during some of the draft and seeing the opinions from Hitman, Vis, Immaculate, Buddha and several others really made this draft much more fun than any in the recent past.

The only thing we're missing is .....

Steelers Fever 1650858226 Toga, Toga, TOGA!

Let me tell you, I am one sexy motherfucker in a bed sheet! Steelers Fever 2063091802

I'm excited to see where this goes too. Even if it just stays as it is, I'm content as usual because we already have a great group. If more sickos come along and join The Herd, that's just icing on the cake.

Steelers Fever 61853263

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Steelers Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever   Steelers Fever Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers Fever
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next