Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeNetflix Instant Watch Thread Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Netflix Instant Watch Thread

Go down 
+7
supytalpeht
JonM229
Wallace108
Farrior_roirraW
SteelCityMom
Buddha Bus
mcg24
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mcg24

mcg24

Netflix Instant Watch Thread Empty
PostSubject: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 1:39 am

Those of you that read my blog probably know how much I love Netflix Instant Streaming. $8 a month for all the movies/tv shows you can watch. There's a vast selection, and it's really easy to miss out on things. A lot of movies that have been on there for a while tend to get buried and you can't find them on the Netflix website. So this thread is to be dedicated to all those movie/tv lovers who use Netflix Instant Streaming. What are you watching on Netflix, what's in your queue, what do you recommend?

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 1:39 am

To start off, I'm watching Memento on Netflix right now. A few movies I just added to my queue...

Trainspotting

The Thin Red Line

Winter's Bone

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 4:28 am

Trainspotting is a great film. Netflix Instant Watch Thread 184121345

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:04 am

I have TONS of stuff in my queue right now. The DVD's we take out are more for our daughter...so that stuff is mostly kids movies and shows.

For a while now I've been on a steady rotation of Pawn Stars (they have the entire 3rd season up now), The First 48 (like Cops, but with homicide detectives...I'm addicted to this show) and Life After People.

I have 65+ shows/movies in my queue though, and you're not kidding when you say it's easy to miss stuff. That's one of my two gripes about NetFlix, I'm not a big fan of how the searches are set-up (over categorizing). I also despise that I cannot set up a playlist (to play continually). If there were one thing I would change, it would be that.

Anyhow, most of the stuff I have in my queue now is documentaries mixed with some stand-up and random movies I come across that seem interesting. Somehow Bio-Dome has snuck it's way in there? Netflix Instant Watch Thread 2087824411 Netflix Instant Watch Thread 1797695198

Glancing at the new to watch section though, I noticed (along with Trainspotting...which is one of my favorites and I'll probably watch on here in the near future) there is Four Rooms (always fantastic), Ju-On: White Ghost/Black Ghost....it's a 10th anniversary special with 2 short films (The Grudge was a remake of Ju-On), I'm definitely checking this out, Prophecy II (decent), and something new from Romero called Deadtime Stories. I'll probably be watching that tonight.

Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 12:35 pm

mcg24 wrote:
To start off, I'm watching Memento on Netflix right now. A few movies I just added to my queue...

Trainspotting

The Thin Red Line

Winter's Bone

Three really good films. Thin Red Line is great, I love Malick's films.

I'm still mad about them jacking up the price for DVDs and streaming, that is ridiculous amount. I'm probably going to put my account on hold for a while anyways because I'm quite busy right now so I haven't been watching too many movies or shows, but I remember when they first had streaming like in 2006/7(?) and you could watch as many hours as you paid so it was 17 hours or something but the only problem was the fact that there wasn't much of a selection. Netflix Instant Watch Thread 1664291743

Both my DVD and streaming queue's are well over 500 though Netflix Instant Watch Thread 2605341373

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:17 pm

Farrior_roirraW wrote:
mcg24 wrote:

Trainspotting

The Thin Red Line

Winter's Bone

I'm still mad about them jacking up the price for DVDs and streaming, that is ridiculous amount. I'm probably going to put my account on hold for a while anyways because I'm quite busy right now so I haven't been watching too many movies or shows, but I remember when they first had streaming like in 2006/7(?) and you could watch as many hours as you paid so it was 17 hours or something but the only problem was the fact that there wasn't much of a selection. Netflix Instant Watch Thread 1664291743

Both my DVD and streaming queue's are well over 500 though Netflix Instant Watch Thread 2605341373

I was a little ticked about the DVD price hike...but then I thought about it, and it's still a lot cheaper then renting or going out to see movies. I remember when NetFlix first came out (pre-streaming) and 3 DVDs at one time was $20. We pay $20 for streaming and 2 DVDs (soon to be $25), and the convenience and selection of streaming definitely makes up for the other DVD (and then some IMO)....so $5 more isn't too bad at all. And it's not like they're known for constantly driving up their prices.

I'll tell you what's a rip off though...Hulu+. We did the free month trial a little while ago, and it's ok...but nothing I would go out of my way to pay $8/month for. The selection is extremely mediocre (when compared to NetFlix streaming). The only thing I like better about Hulu is you can create playlists...but I'm just lazy sometimes lol. Just not worth the few extra shows/movies IMO.

mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 5:13 pm

Farrior_roirraW wrote:
mcg24 wrote:

Trainspotting

The Thin Red Line

Winter's Bone

Yep I've heard great things about all three movies. Most people that I talk to say that The Thin Red Line was the best war movie of 1998...which of course means they have it in front of Saving Private Ryan. I loved SPR so I'm really excited to see TTRL.

In all honestly, it takes some time to get used to, but if you can try to get yourself away from wanting to see certain movies right away, you can probably live without the DVD plan. I just let Netflix Instant Streaming sort of dictate what I watch and what I don't watch. I pretty much only watch movies on there, unless there is something that I'm really really excited about, which is rare, but in that case I will just go out and buy it on Blu-Ray.

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:29 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I watch more films through DVDs than streaming but I liked having both just in case a film I want to see can stream. I shouldn't really complain about the price hikes because netflix has been fine for the most part just don't like the fact they're separating them. Can't really say anything about Hulu because I've never used it.

I'm not a fan of SPR Netflix Instant Watch Thread 1505004552 I really can't stand Spielberg and his sentimentality. Drives me crazy. Close Encounters of the Third Kind is great, though (and obviously Indiana Jones). Essentially he tries to be too much like Golden Age Hollywood but for contemporary times, which doesn't work well (but I absolutely love Golden Age cinema).

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:05 pm

Farrior_roirraW wrote:
Yeah, I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I watch more films through DVDs than streaming but I liked having both just in case a film I want to see can stream. I shouldn't really complain about the price hikes because netflix has been fine for the most part just don't like the fact they're separating them. Can't really say anything about Hulu because I've never used it.

I'm not a fan of SPR Netflix Instant Watch Thread 1505004552 I really can't stand Spielberg and his sentimentality. Drives me crazy. Close Encounters of the Third Kind is great, though (and obviously Indiana Jones). Essentially he tries to be too much like Golden Age Hollywood but for contemporary times, which doesn't work well (but I absolutely love Golden Age cinema).

Hmmm, interesting that you didn't like it. Did you like Minority Report? Jaws?

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 12:05 am

mcg24 wrote:
Hmmm, interesting that you didn't like it. Did you like Minority Report? Jaws?

Jaws is all right. I'm iffy on Minority Report and I haven't seen it in a while so I can't say anything intelligent about, I tend to think I have a soft spot for it because I like Philip K. Dick's prose a lot.

Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:19 pm

Alright folks, here's a bit of an update. Netflix also brings a lot of new films to Instant Streaming at the beginning of every month. Here is the list of films that I have noticed are "new".

Henry V- Streaming in HD
XXX- Streaming in HD
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid- Streaming in HD (Interestingly, because this used to be on Netflix NOT in HD)
Lethal Weapon- Streaming in HD
Rain Man
Spaceballs- Streaming in HD

I'm sure there are others, but these are the big ones I noticed. They also added some big movies at the end of July (The Usual Suspects, Pitch Black, Die Hard 2, Trainspotting, Winter's Bone). Enjoy Netflixers!

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 5:08 pm

Woo hoo! Lethal Weapon! Netflix Instant Watch Thread 1372836603

I just saw they have Assault on Precinct 13 and Big Trouble in Little China...though I suppose they could have been there for a little while. With my settings though, I would expect I'd have seen them sooner. Both good flicks!

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 5:12 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
Woo hoo! Lethal Weapon! Netflix Instant Watch Thread 1372836603

I just saw they have Assault on Precinct 13 and Big Trouble in Little China...though I suppose they could have been there for a little while. With my settings though, I would expect I'd have seen them sooner. Both good flicks!
Big Trouble in Little China has always been one of my guilty pleasures. LOVE that movie.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 10:16 am

Soooo many great old noir flicks available for streaming. The house is way messier than usual because it's been rainy and cold all week, and I've done practically nothing but lay here and watch old noir, sci-fi and horror flicks. Netflix Instant Watch Thread 1797695198 I guess you could call this my vacation week...because I've literally done nothing beyond the necessary lol.

Watched Sleep, MyLove this morning...pretty good flick. If you've seen Dial M for Murder or Midnight Lace, it's very similar.

Quote :
Late one night, wealthy New York socialite Alison Courtland (Claudette Colbert) awakens on a Boston-bound train with no memory of how she got there. Richard (Don Ameche), her architect husband, says she shot at him the night before, an accusation that doesn't quite ring true. He brings in a psychiatrist (George Coulouris), whose methods drive Alison to the brink of madness. Is she truly going insane, or is it all a ruse? Robert Cummings co-stars.

Also watched The Stranger, Double Indemnity, Young and Innocent and The Naked City. Also The Terror, Pit and the Pendulum, Masque of the Red Death, 1984 and Dr. Terrors House of Horrors.

Off to watch Don't Bother to Knock and Asphalt Jungle!

JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 11:58 am

SteelCityMom wrote:
Also The Terror, Pit and the Pendulum, Masque of the Red Death

I love me some Vincent Price

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:01 pm

Was just browsing around what's new right now, and saw they have Troll Hunter, Tron Legacy, Super Troopers, and ALL of The Wonder Years, Malcolm in the Middle and Bernie Mac. Netflix Instant Watch Thread 1372836603

Don't care about Tron Legacy...but love the rest, especially The Wonder Years and Malcolm.

Also looks like they have some good new B Horror just in time for Halloween. Netflix Instant Watch Thread 184121345

supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:17 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
Was just browsing around what's new right now, and saw they have Troll Hunter, Tron Legacy, Super Troopers, and ALL of The Wonder Years, Malcolm in the Middle and Bernie Mac. Netflix Instant Watch Thread 1372836603

Don't care about Tron Legacy...but love the rest, especially The Wonder Years and Malcolm.

Also looks like they have some good new B Horror just in time for Halloween. Netflix Instant Watch Thread 184121345

Winnie was such a cutie, turns out she's a pretty smart cookie too. If I remember correctly she became a mathematician, has written a few proofs blah blah blah
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:24 am

The wife and I have recently gone through the entire series of the following shows:

Malcom in the Middle
Frasier
That 70's Show
United States of Tara
Blue Mountain State
Sons of Anarchy

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:00 am

I was so happy to see they added United States of Tara. Such a great series. Sad that it got the ax.

I just blew through 3 seasons of Mad Men, and am half way through the 4th season. Not an exciting show, just a character drama...but I'm completely hooked.

JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:15 am

I've watched the first few episodes of Mad Men but haven't really gotten into it at all.

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 2:16 pm

Yeah, my Jon couldn't really get into it either. It takes a little while for the stories to develop, but I'm happy I found it. It's kind of like a classy soap opera, lol.

JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 2:36 pm

I dunno, all of the main characters just seem so unlikable

Except Christina Hendricks. She could probably play Hitler and I'd still love her in that role.

Netflix Instant Watch Thread Main200902241441549941999_christina_hendricks
That's one sexy Hitler

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 5:32 am

It hurt a little, but I dropped the DVD by mail service and just held on to the instant streaming. People complain a lot about lack of newer movies and shows, but really, I just went back and watched shows like Roseanne, haha. Watching Weeds right now, just finished My Name Is Earl.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 5:33 am

JonM229 wrote:

Except Christina Hendricks. She could probably play Hitler and I'd still love her in that role.

That's one sexy Hitler

Netflix Instant Watch Thread 2605341373

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:42 am

JonM229 wrote:

That's one sexy Hitler

She really does have nice hair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Netflix Instant Watch Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next