Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeNetflix Instant Watch Thread - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Netflix Instant Watch Thread

Go down 
+7
supytalpeht
JonM229
Wallace108
Farrior_roirraW
SteelCityMom
Buddha Bus
mcg24
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

Netflix Instant Watch Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:49 am

bayz101 wrote:
It hurt a little, but I dropped the DVD by mail service and just held on to the instant streaming. People complain a lot about lack of newer movies and shows, but really, I just went back and watched shows like Roseanne, haha. Watching Weeds right now, just finished My Name Is Earl.

Yeah, we're probably going to be doing the same. We pretty much only kept it so my daughter could pick out some movies...but they're far more slow to add new movies on DVD than they are on streaming anymore. She's pretty much seen them all. We're just going to get through the end of I Love Lucy and a couple of other movies, and then cancel it. Since we got the Wii and set up NetFlix streaming on there, it's practically pointless. It was quicker and cheaper to download torrents anyway.

Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:07 am

SteelCityMom wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
It hurt a little, but I dropped the DVD by mail service and just held on to the instant streaming. People complain a lot about lack of newer movies and shows, but really, I just went back and watched shows like Roseanne, haha. Watching Weeds right now, just finished My Name Is Earl.

Yeah, we're probably going to be doing the same. We pretty much only kept it so my daughter could pick out some movies...but they're far more slow to add new movies on DVD than they are on streaming anymore. She's pretty much seen them all. We're just going to get through the end of I Love Lucy and a couple of other movies, and then cancel it. Since we got the Wii and set up NetFlix streaming on there, it's practically pointless. It was quicker and cheaper to download torrents anyway.

Exactly, it's just not worth the extra money for the DVD's now that they've raised it, and I've seen just about all of them myself. I just prefer to hop on my ps3 and get on the instant streaming. I swear, iv'e watched just about all my favorite shows all the way through, I get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:20 am

utorrent + demonoid, isohunt, piratebay and a few others = never pay for a movie again

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:42 am

vasteeler wrote:
utorrent + demonoid, isohunt, piratebay and a few others = never pay for a movie again

Screw public trackers to easy to get caught. Grab a membership to private trackers that are hosted in countries that won't cooperate with the RIAA and MPAA is the only way to go. Sadly, as general rule you have to get an invite and for that you have to know someone. I wonder who where you would find a person like that?
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:46 am

supytalpeht wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

Screw public trackers to easy to get caught. Grab a membership to private trackers that are hosted in countries that won't cooperate with the RIAA and MPAA is the only way to go. Sadly, as general rule you have to get an invite and for that you have to know someone. I wonder who where you would find a person like that?

ive been using these for years and i havent had 1 problem Netflix Instant Watch Thread - Page 2 2087824411

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:00 pm

Quote :

ive been using these for years and i havent had 1 problem Netflix Instant Watch Thread - Page 2 2087824411

tsk tsk tsk

Just because it didn't happen doesn't mean it won't.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:06 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
Quote :

tsk tsk tsk

Just because it didn't happen doesn't mean it won't.

dont jinx me man, my wife already thinks im going to jail over it Netflix Instant Watch Thread - Page 2 1797695198

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:24 pm

I've never had an issue before either with torrents. Demonoid is an invite only site (or at least it used to be), we use that a lot. But we do use PirateBay a lot too, and EZTV. I haven't used isohunt in quite a while, but I used to use that too. We only download on our Linux platforms though.

We just had NetFlix for a while to cut down on the amount of stuff we were downloading, cause it was A LOT. It's just not worth the cost of NetFlix at this point though. Cheaper to buy blank DVD's and maybe a new external drive or two a couple times a year.

jjmjmay

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 9:22 am

I got netflix for christmas and if it wasn't for sports I could seriously cancell my cable. The kids don't watch TV anymore they just watch what they want to on the Wii with netflix. I have been so obsorbed watching old TV shows and movies! Its great and I still have an overloaded que right now.

I zipped through Dollhouse recently, thought that was another good show by Joss.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:38 am

Hmm. Watched "I Love You Phillip Morris" last night. Netflix Instant Watch Thread - Page 2 1505004552

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:34 pm

Doug Stanhope. Watch them. Do it. (standup comedy) Do it.

Netflix Instant Watch Thread - Page 2 BenStillerDoIt1

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 2:44 am

We signed up for the free Netflix trial two weeks ago. I haven't gotten crap done since then. Watched the first season of American Horror Story and I'm halfway through the second season of The Walking Dead. Also watched a couple movies and documentaries. I might have to quit my job.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 4:28 am

Wallace108 wrote:
We signed up for the free Netflix trial two weeks ago. I haven't gotten crap done since then. Watched the first season of American Horror Story and I'm halfway through the second season of The Walking Dead. Also watched a couple movies and documentaries. I might have to quit my job.

Netflix is the only way to go my son watched three episodes of the Walking Dead also. Netflix Instant Watch Thread - Page 2 2893009358

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 4:07 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

It's incredibly addicting. That's how we got into it as well. We had the DVD rentals for a little while too, but the movie selection isn't that much greater, and it takes way too long to get through shows, so we dropped that.

We have Hulu+ as well, but basically only b/c we don't have any cable or broadcast TV, and so that we can watch stuff on the TV instead of just the computer. But their selection isn't nearly as good. It's good if you want to stay caught up on newer episodes of shows, and don't have DVR or forget to record something.

If you (or anyone else reading) wants to give Hulu+ a go for two free weeks, follow this referral link (yes, I'm pimping out my account here Netflix Instant Watch Thread - Page 2 1797695198 ). If you like it after the first two weeks, and decide to sign up, I get two free weeks (up to 26 people). It's the same price as NetFlix ($7.99/month). http://hulu.com/r/wiMaSg

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant Watch Thread   Netflix Instant Watch Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Netflix Instant Watch Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2