Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley

Go down 
+12
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
El-Gonzo Jackson
stlrtruck
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Hawaii 5-0
Fire Arians
tony hipchest
Steeler Zach
Buddha Bus
Vis
Wallace108
BlackAndGold
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley Empty
PostSubject: Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley   Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 1:04 pm

Steelers have signed Garrett Hartley

Last edited by BlackAndGold on Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley   Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 1:15 pm

Steelers add former Saints kicker Garrett Hartley

Posted by Darin Gantt

The Steelers have made their decision after working out some veteran kickers this morning.

According to agent Erik Burkhardt, the Steelers have signed former Saints kicker Garrett Hartley.

He was picked after they also worked out Jay Feely and Alex Henery.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/11/steelers-add-former-saints-kicker-garrett-hartley/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley   Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 1:45 pm

Punter?

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley   Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 1:59 pm

Didn't start the thread but I changed the title lol

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley   Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 2:06 pm

Vis wrote:
Punter?

My mistake. I split BlackAndGold's post from the Suisham thread and had a brain fart when naming the thread. Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley 273451046

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley   Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 2:09 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Vis wrote:
Punter?

My mistake. I split BlackAndGold's post from the Suisham thread and had a brain fart when naming the thread. Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley 273451046  

Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley 2472430564

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley   Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 2:13 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Vis wrote:
Punter?

Welp, it looks like I need to find a good Cardinals forum. Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Steeler Zach

Steeler Zach

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley   Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 2:14 pm

Goodell might as well just hand Rooney the Lombardi Trophy now. Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley 1797695198
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley   Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 2:14 pm

Right On! A dome kicker!!! Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley 1505004552

Good thing Ben is motivated to score 30 points a game this year, but if he's thinking 3 td's and 3 fg's he may want to scale it down to 27 or 24.

. .
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

SUPERBOWL!!

(shit, i was hoping they'd go after kickalicious)
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley   Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 2:20 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Vis wrote:
Punter?

Welp, it looks like I need to find a good Cardinals forum. Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley 1797695198

I'm sure B.A. would put in a good word for you for all of your support over the years. Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley 1072540953

Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley   Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 2:57 pm

Brett Huston‏@BHuston_STATS -

Garrett Hartley's numbers not great overall, but this is interesting. Career 88.6% rate on FGs on grass, just 78.3% on turf. Odd. #Steelers

https://twitter.com/BHuston_STATS/status/631152311864303616
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley   Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 3:01 pm

Better on grass huh. That's interesting.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley   Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 3:31 pm

maybe his time off has helped him correct those percentages

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley   Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 3:35 pm

Steelers Must Look Past Today For PK

Aug 11, 2015
Jim Wexell
Publisher SteelCityInsider.net

The Steelers are hosting a competition today to replace Shaun Suisham but better PKs should come available. Here are the top contenders:

LATROBE -- With Shaun Suisham out for the year with a torn ACL, the Pittsburgh Steelers will bring Alex Henery and a handful of other unemployed veterans in for a kicking competition at St. Vincent College today.

The Steelers will no doubt sign one from the group, but the more important kickers to watch are currently in other camps.

There are at least four competitions currently being waged that should draw the Steelers' attention this preseason:

* In Oakland, 37-year-old Sebastian Janikowski is being pushed by Cal's Giorgio Tavecchio, who's been with four teams the last four preseasons. Even though Janikowski made 86 percent of his attempts last year, he could lose his job because he's due to make $3.3 million this season.

* In Jacksonville, 33-year-old Josh Scobee is being pushed by jason myers, an Arena League kicker out of Marist. Scobee made 77 percent of his kicks last season but is due to make $3.4 million this season.

* Tennessee Titans kicker Ryan Succop has a virtual lock on his job after making 86 percent of his field-goal attempts last season. But team observers are high on first-year kicker Mike Meyer out of Iowa. As a four-year starter in college, Meyer converted 61 of 80 career field goals, including 19 of 21 in the fourth quarter and overtime. Meyer made a pair of 50-plus-yarders this past weekend at a team stadium scrimmage.

* What might be the best camp competition of all involves two kickers whom the Denver Broncos used last season, and by the end of the year had both. But the Broncos are expected to keep only one coming out of camp, either Connor Barth , who made 15 of 16 field goals last season, or Temple's Brandon McManus, who made 9 of 13 field goals and has the stronger leg.

to read rest of article:

http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/story/1572849-video-steelers-must-look-past-today-for-pk
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley   Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 3:46 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:

That's what SteelStoned72 said too.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley   Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 5:45 pm

Just like Le'veon.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley   Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 6:24 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

That's what SteelStoned72 said too.

@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:

Just like Le'veon.

Walked into that one :). I wonder if they'll look at the waiver wires if anyone else gets cut or just stick with Hartley. Who knows what to expect. Suisham when he replaced Reed was known as the guy who missed the chip shot with the Skins but he's been good fur us though granted he doesn't have the most powerful league. Anyhow. Sucks he got hurt but I am glad it wasn't someone really important like a key starter or rookie. Get well Shaun.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley   Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 7:00 pm

Steelers waive/injured Devin Gardner to clear spot for Hartley

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/08/steelers-waiveinjured-rookie-wr-devin-gardner-on-tuesday/
Back to top Go down
EbonySteel86

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley   Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 11:33 pm

We really got work on scoring TD's in the Red Zone now!
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley   Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 10:25 am

If they are considering keeping Hartley, I would think Jordan Berry is closer to winning the punting job over Brad Wing. Hartley was not taking kick offs in his prior stint in New Orleans, where John Carney was still kicking part-time. (At least as I recall.)

That means he's a stop-gap until one of these camp battles pan out. I would prefer to get our hands on Connor Barth personally.

http://steelcityunderground.com
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley   Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 2:57 am

I hope the Steelers are paying attention:

Broncos kickers hit 70- and 65-yard field goals in practice

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 18, 2015

Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley Cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptm1njczyjzhztvjzdbkn2i1ztk1mwzkntgymtc1ytg4-e1439926475311

Clearly, the kicking battle in Denver is properly inflated.

Brandon McManus and Connor Barth are engaged in a high-altitude duel for the job, and both showed they were good from distance in today’s practice.

According to Jeff Legwold of ESPN.com, the two took turns booming field goals at the end of practice.

McManus hit a 70-yarder, which was followed minutes later by Barth’s 65-yarder.

McManus’ kick apparently cleared the crossbar with room to spare, causing defensive teammates to hug him in celebration.

to read rest of article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/18/broncos-kickers-hit-70-and-65-yard-field-goals-in-practice/
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley   Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 3:21 am

Barth will most likely be the one they let go since McManus is younger and has a slightly stronger leg.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley   Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 6:50 am

If we could get a kicker that can kick it out the end zone on kickoffs, that would be nice!
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley   Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:12 pm

from Jim Wexell:

Doesn't look like kicker Garrett Hartley will make it after the hamstring injury in Buffalo. The Steelers can release him and pick him back up after he heals. The young kickers to watch are in Detroit (Kyle Brindza 3-3 incl. 51-yarder with 7 of 8 kickoffs not returned), Jacksonville (Jason Myers, 4-4 incl. 55-yarder) and Oakland (Giorgio Tavecchio, 3-3). Of course, if those teams want to cut Matt Prater, Josh Scobee or Sebastian Janikowski, either of them will work, too.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/story/1580284-predicted-53-must-stop-cutting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley   Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers sign kicker Garrett Hartley
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next