Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeState of the defense: Middle is fine, edges need work, depth is scarce - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

State of the defense: Middle is fine, edges need work, depth is scarce

Go down 
+11
Atlanta Dan
El-Gonzo Jackson
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
DesertSteel
effyou515
nikstar
SoCalFan
Rhyno
FrancoLambert
solardave
Craziaskowboi
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

State of the defense: Middle is fine, edges need work, depth is scarce - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of the defense: Middle is fine, edges need work, depth is scarce   State of the defense: Middle is fine, edges need work, depth is scarce - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 2:26 pm

It's gonna be a tough start but I think they'll be better by mid to late fall.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

State of the defense: Middle is fine, edges need work, depth is scarce - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of the defense: Middle is fine, edges need work, depth is scarce   State of the defense: Middle is fine, edges need work, depth is scarce - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 3:07 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
After reading Ed B. of the P-G today, add him to the list of those of us who see this preseason as bleak

Someone asked me for a surprise player from this summer for the Steelers. I was at a loss. Rookie Anthony Chickillo had a good first week and was made out to be the next Joey Porter but he now looks like he is practice squad material. There were no surprises from training camp or the preseason. No pleasant ones for them anyway. The surprises came in the other direction – that Cortez Allen has not asserted himself and that they needed to find two kickers, a backup quarterback and a veteran cornerback during the preseason.

State of the defense: Middle is fine, edges need work, depth is scarce - Page 2 294855916

Yeah, Chickillo shows the quick first step and good hand use, but seems a bit lost without his hand in the ground. I hope he sticks on the PS and nobody else signs him. Cortez Allen didn't get beat, but he didn't seem too close to his receivers. Jarvis Jones looks like the 2nd coming of Alonzo Jackson....but that all being said I think the offense looked good. Defense will be fine with Heyward, Timmons, Shazier, Harrison, Moats, and at CB spots....the real question for me is Safety play and D-line depth? Will we have any?
Back to top Go down
SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire

PostSubject: Re: State of the defense: Middle is fine, edges need work, depth is scarce   State of the defense: Middle is fine, edges need work, depth is scarce - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 5:01 pm

I'm terrified if 3 or 4 starters on defense (and anyone else on the o-line) gets injured. We may have to start bringing in guys with some level of proven talent from around the league. Not only are they untalented, they aren't motivated.

PostSubject: Re: State of the defense: Middle is fine, edges need work, depth is scarce   State of the defense: Middle is fine, edges need work, depth is scarce - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 6:17 pm

I have a good idea of what we'll get from Timmons, Heyward, and Harrison. State of the defense: Middle is fine, edges need work, depth is scarce - Page 2 3514758605

After that I have no clue. State of the defense: Middle is fine, edges need work, depth is scarce - Page 2 2829330259
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: State of the defense: Middle is fine, edges need work, depth is scarce   State of the defense: Middle is fine, edges need work, depth is scarce - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

State of the defense: Middle is fine, edges need work, depth is scarce
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2