Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePreseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Preseason Game - Steelers vs. Panthers Game Thread

Go down 
+9
tony hipchest
Hawaii 5-0
Fire Arians
SoCalFan
mscarmel0716
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
vasteeler
ImperialFan
jak341
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tony hipchest

Preseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game - Steelers vs. Panthers Game Thread   Preseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 9:32 pm

Troy and Clark had a very high football IQ. Shamarko has all the physical tools imaginable, but I don't think he's the sharpest tool in the shed. Not having it upstairs is what has kept him from being a starter imo.

. .
Back to top Go down
white_steel_wolfe

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game - Steelers vs. Panthers Game Thread   Preseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 9:41 pm

Freaking terrible preseason game. Ouch.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game - Steelers vs. Panthers Game Thread   Preseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 9:52 pm

Everyone is just ready to get the regular season underway

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game - Steelers vs. Panthers Game Thread   Preseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 10:15 pm

Glad I didn't watch...shark having another brutal game...damn

Marsha and Gronk will abuse the hell out of him if he's not ready.

I know your not supposed to put any stock in the preseason....but man our defense, punt coverage, looked like sh** this year.....total dog s.h.i.t

I think what's most disconcerting is the lack of any pass rushers stepping up. Yeah Pre-season is vanilla but you can't be relying  so heavily on scheme to save your ass.

You want to play elite defense now a days.....you better be able to get consistent pressure with  just 4.

white_steel_wolfe

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game - Steelers vs. Panthers Game Thread   Preseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 10:22 pm

This team isn't ready. After 5 preseason games and a long off season, lmao. Not even close.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game - Steelers vs. Panthers Game Thread   Preseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 10:34 pm

I dont think anybody expected to have the defense fixed by this year. We all knew it would take a couple years to fix the D. If its better than last year I will be glad. The only bright spots I see on defense is Boykin (a free agency signing) and maybe Jones and Shazier look a little better, and dupree doesnt look bad for this being the very beginning of his career. Dupee could end up being our best 1st round selection in a while. Dupree, Shazier and Jones all have the physical tools to be effective, they just need to get their shit together.

Last edited by ImperialFan on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game - Steelers vs. Panthers Game Thread   Preseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 10:34 pm

Story of this preseason-

Landry Jones throws what should be a 92 yd TD.

No Name, scrub receiver falls down tripping over his own feet with nobody around them.Preseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 294855916

Jones goes on to throw an interception and get a concussion on the same play.

Steelers get three players injured on the final rushing attempt of the game. And take a knee from the 1 yard line with four seconds left without even trying to put points on the board, out of fear all 11 players on the field would spontaneously combust.

. .
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game - Steelers vs. Panthers Game Thread   Preseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 11:20 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
Story of this preseason-

No Name, scrub receiver falls down tripping over his own feet with nobody around them.Preseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 294855916

Steelers get three players injured on the final rushing attempt of the game. And take a knee from the 1 yard line with four seconds left without even trying to  put points on the board, out of fear all 11 players on the field would spontaneously combust.

Ha Haaaaa! Oh my god Preseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 2573146105 Preseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 1372836603

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game - Steelers vs. Panthers Game Thread   Preseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 11:36 pm

Grant made a nice catch tonight he might be worthy of some playing time. Hes had a good pre season.

highlights

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game - Steelers vs. Panthers Game Thread   Preseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 11:43 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
Story of this preseason-

Steelers get three players injured on the final rushing attempt of the game. And take a knee from the 1 yard line with four seconds left without even trying to  put points on the board, out of fear all 11 players on the field would spontaneously combust.

Meanwhile Tom Brady decides he thinks it's unfair that defenses get to play with 11 players against him and gets the courts to rule that any team having to play the Patriots** are not allowed more than 7 defenders on the field.....

James Harrison fined 1.5 million because of scary workout programs that give defenders bad ideas about getting stronger and hitting harder......

Tomlin is forced to issue a press conference apologizing for not warning the Patriots** sooner that they may have been cheating....if Kraft felt the apology was good enough he'll let Tomlin bow and kiss his ring.

WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game - Steelers vs. Panthers Game Thread   Preseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 7:36 am

Didn't watch the game but did see stats when Cackalacky had 295 yds to 19 in 3rd qtr.

Reckon I didn't miss much.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game - Steelers vs. Panthers Game Thread   Preseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 10:11 am

Please let them pick up a SS through the waivers Preseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 1426860608 I don't care who but he can't be worse than Shamarko Thomas.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game - Steelers vs. Panthers Game Thread   Preseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 12:14 am

I had to listen to the game live and I'm just now getting a chance to watch it but there are several things I take away from it. I love vince Williams. He is a true Steeler and plays with the attitude and force that some of our great linebackers of the past have. Daniel McCullers may still look young and raw but it seems like he is double and triple teamed on every single play. The Steelers defense played well going into the second quarter until Thomas gave up that long touchdown.

Ross Ventrone and Robert golden know what it is to play Steelers football. Them along with coach Danny Smith have really turned the special teams around.

It is pretty damn cool to have Mike Vick on the team. I think both him and Landry Jones can do real well when there aren't 3rd and 4th stringers trying to get them killed.

Kudos to Kevin Kolber and the Coach for going all in this season and getting Josh Scobee, Vic, Brandon Boykins, and a punter while trading another punter for a draft pick. Not to mention we have first round talent DeAngelo Williams, and Darrius heyward-bey along with Vic backing as backups on offense.

What other team has three first rounders as backups?

My biggest concern is still the loss of Pouncey who is one of our most indispensable players. But I do appreciate the all out effort to go and bring in Doug lagursky.

. .
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game - Steelers vs. Panthers Game Thread   Preseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 12:26 am

Van dyke should never be allowed into a football stadium again... Even as a fan.

. .
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game - Steelers vs. Panthers Game Thread   Preseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 12:42 am

SteelerSpartan wrote:
James Harrison fined 1.5 million because of scary workout programs that give defenders bad ideas about getting stronger and hitting harder......

Preseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game - Steelers vs. Panthers Game Thread   Preseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 10:13 am

tony hipchest wrote:
I had to listen to the game live and I'm just now getting a chance to watch it but there are several things I take away from it. I love vince Williams.  He is a true Steeler and plays with the attitude and force that some of our great linebackers of the past have. Daniel McCullers may still look young and raw but it seems like he is double and triple teamed on every single play. The Steelers defense played well going into the second quarter until Thomas gave up that long touchdown.

Ross Ventrone and Robert golden know what it is to play Steelers football. Them along with coach Danny Smith have really turned the special teams around.

It is pretty damn cool to have Mike Vick on the team. I think both him and Landry Jones can do real well when there aren't 3rd and 4th stringers trying to get them killed.

Kudos to Kevin Kolber and the Coach for going all in this season and getting Josh Scobee, Vic, Brandon Boykins, and a punter while trading another punter for a draft pick. Not to mention we have first round talent DeAngelo Williams, and Darrius heyward-bey along with Vic backing as backups on offense.

What other team has three first rounders as backups?

My biggest concern is still the loss of Pouncey who is one of our most indispensable players. But I do appreciate the all out effort to go and bring in Doug lagursky.

great post Preseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 184121345

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game - Steelers vs. Panthers Game Thread   Preseason Game -  Steelers vs. Panthers  Game Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Preseason Game - Steelers vs. Panthers Game Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2