Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWho is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?

Go down 
+20
SteelersCanada
tony hipchest
El-Gonzo Jackson
SteelersYak
lotas
Steelcitian
stlrtruck
Vis
SteelersNorth
Stella Nation
IowaSteeler927
solardave
Chaotic Zen
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
teegre
FrancoLambert
harrison'samonster
vasteeler
Fire Arians
ImperialFan
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? Empty
PostSubject: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 7:07 pm

Out of this entire roster and why? Not the MVP but just your favorite player. If you must  can pick 2 , just want to keep it short and sweet. I'll go first.

Ben Roethlisberger is my favorite player in professional  sports. He has always been under rated was always humble about it. Now that people realize he is a future hall of famer and a top 3 qb he remains humble. He is so much fun to watch because he plays with so much love for the game his team and the fans and I truly think he appreciates us. He may not get to be on commercials because he is a fuckin bad ass and I love that. probably the best qb the steelers have ever had.

I'll take Le  Veon bell as my second Choice There are many others deserving. But it is a thing of beauty to watch bell run. He is unlike any body else. He is as good of a wide out as he is a running back. This man never gets tired and he NEVER fumbles. If he stays healthy and has a long career I believe he will be the best to ever play the game. His patience in unparalleled . If he puts up a 100 yards a game people are disappointed because they expect 175. He may be the best all around player in the NFL and should get serious MVP consideration and with vicks lack of chemistry with brown Bell is carring this offense on his shoulders. Off the field he is a riot and seems like a cool guy from what I can tell.  Very humble. Very smart, and he's hilarious on post game interviews because he talks so fast lol.

On a side note I can't wait until we are all healthy with this new defense tuitt, heyward, shazier if he's healthy, harrison, cockrell are all really impressive and doing much better than anyone expected. We are legit Superbowl contenders once this team gets healthy even if we are 9 7 or 10 6 we will have a great shot at a Superbowl.

Last edited by ImperialFan on Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 7:10 pm

Le'Veon Bell, Heath Miller, Heyward, Timmons, Ben
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 7:38 pm

troy p is my all time favorite player

current roster is Ben. just because

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 7:43 pm

James Harrison is my all time favorite. I've been impressed with him since he was on special teams.

Bell is my second pick. I never thought we'd get a running back who I would enjoy watching as much as Bettis, but he is so much fun to watch.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 8:09 pm

harrison'samonster wrote:
James Harrison is my all time favorite.  I've been impressed with him since he was on special teams.

Bell is my second pick.  I never thought we'd get a running back who I would enjoy watching as much as Bettis, but he is so much fun to watch.

This entire team is fun to watch it wasnt like that for a few years. I love it. Fire Arian's... That was like 5 I said 2 stop being a rebel lol

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 10:17 pm

AB
Timmons
Ben
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 11:53 pm

All time:
Greg Lloyd  

Current:
Ben, Bell, AB, DD, Heyward, Tuitt  

Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 12:19 am

Take a guess.

Besides the obvious, Antonio Brown. His work ethic and background is inspirational.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Zen
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 12:33 am

Offense: tie between Brown, Bell and Heath
Defense: Tuitt
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 1:02 am

Ben is my current favorite with AB being second. My all time favorite is Jack Lambert. He was just plain nasty. They used to say he even hated himself. Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? 1797695198
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 1:15 am

All time favorite Steelers:

Offense: Hines Ward, Ben Roethlisberger
Defense: James Harrison, Brett Keisel

Current favorites:

Offense: Ben Roethlisberger, Le'Veon Bell, Antonio Brown
Defense: James Harrison, Lawrence Timmons, William Gay

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 6:45 am

Football is for me still defense, even in today's nfl. So my 2 players are on that side.

James Harrison: He's the last player who's left of the team when I started to watch games. He's a beast and he's mean Twisted Evil
Ryan Shazier: He reminds me a bit of Polamalu (my all time favorite). Different position, but he plays with a lot of energy, he's a strong tackler, is speedy and has a nose for where the ball is going to be. But he's made of glass Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? 312503953
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 7:42 am

Offense:
Ben and it's not really that close for me.
People get caught up in stats but at the end of the day like Ben has said all along Ws and championships are what you will be remembered by.
As I've said in other threads I wouldn't trade him for anyone even at their current peak, not Brady, not Peyton, not Brees, or even the current God of all QBs A-a-ron Rodgers.
There's plays he makes that none of the above could make even if they wanted.
Here's a few off the top of my head:
2007 vs Browns - the 30 yard TD run, longest of his career.
2008 @ Jacksonville - the pass to Ward where he has 3 guys draped all over him to complete a pass for a first down which then lead to the winning score to Ward again on a fade route
2009 @ KC - he back flips one of their linebackers and then does a nice touch pass over top of another defender to HHHHEEEAAAAATTTTHHHH! for the TD.
And lastly of course THE DRIVE from XLIII.
Other guys I've enjoyed past and present on offense: Parker, Ward, Heath, AB, Bell.

Defense:
Polamalu for sure.
The scoop interception against the Chargers was unbelievable. His amazing ability to somehow time a QBs cadence to dive over the line numerous times to get the sack just as he gets the ball on the snap. And lastly the clincher to ice the AFC title game in 2008 with a pick 6.

Other guys that we're/are fun to watch:
Joey Porter - the only football player I can really think of that would chirp another guy and then go and back it up. It sucked when they had to release him but that's pro sports.
Harrison - He always looks like he's on a mission
Heyward and Shazier.
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 7:44 am

All-time: Franco and the Bus

Now: Bell

Maybe there's a theme.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 8:20 am

Antonio Brown, b/c he's filled the void we initially had when Ward retired.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 9:11 am

All time: Jerome Bettis-he is just the epitome of what the Steelers stand for. A down to earth guy who just worked hard.

Current: Le'Veon Bell and James Harrison

You just have to love Bell's vision and cut making ability.
James Harrison is just a gym beast.
Back to top Go down
lotas

lotas

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 9:16 am

Just to get some new names going here:

Offense: Wheaton: I'm excited to continue to watch him develop, but I already see a major difference between last season and this season. He is refined, stronger, faster, running great routes, and I think he has great vision too.

Defense: Cockrell: He seems to have great presence on the field, his fumble recovery in the BAL game was incredible, he looked like a top notch receiver keeping his feet in bounds.

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 9:17 am

BR7. Why? Because he's been my favorite QB since HS.

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 9:31 am

SteelersYak wrote:
BR7.  Why?  Because he's been my favorite QB since HS.
Bubby Brister was the QB when I was in High School.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 9:45 am

Dri Archer. He's so awesome.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 9:56 am

shaun suisham because he is not josh scobee. #stiff #fail

. .
Back to top Go down
SteelersCanada

SteelersCanada

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 10:54 am

Offense: Bell

Defense: Tuitt is quickly becoming a fan favorite of mine. Also, Heyward.

Does Pittsburgh have one of the best interior defensive lines in football all of a sudden?
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 11:15 am

SteelersCanada wrote:
Offense: Bell

Defense: Tuitt is quickly becoming a fan favorite of mine. Also, Heyward.

Does Pittsburgh have one of the best interior defensive lines in football all of a sudden?

Tuitt and Heyward are like burritos and pizza.

I love both.

Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 11:19 am

Ben... LB is getting close though
Back to top Go down
LambertLunatic
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 3:33 pm

Heath. He doesn't get the attention some other TEs get, but he has quietly become one of our all time leaders in receptions while being primarily a blocking TE. I like his lunch pail mentality.

On defense, I'm going with Tuitt. It's hard to believe the guy is barely in his 2nd year.

Honorable mention goes to Greg Warren, just because SOMEONE has to give some love for our long snapper! Remember, his backup (James Harrison) is not very good at long snapping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?   Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who is your favorite steelers on the current roster and why?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next