Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOla Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster

Go down 
+3
effyou515
solardave
IowaSteeler927
7 posters
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster Empty
PostSubject: Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster   Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 2:56 am

Kid has had an impressive training camp. Quick first step, natural pass rusher, built similarly to James Harrison and wears Harrison's number. Now I'm not saying he is Deebo, way too early to say anything like that. I do think this kid makes this roster though. Bud Dupree just hasn't been that impressive, TJ Watt has been hurt, and it's apparent this defense is going to need a rotation of pass rushers to effectively pressure, and sack opposing QBs. That's where I think Adeniyi makes this roster. Right now they have Keion Adams listed ahead of Adeniyi on the depth chart but I don't see that holding up for long. Adeniyi has been disruptive and living in the backfield during the preseason games. I want to see what this kid can do during the regular season. I want to see him get some time as a rotational pass rusher.

He does need to work on some things, he has missed some tackles, but I think a lot of that is just nerves, and overrunning some plays. These are coachable mistakes, and I think this kid has a high ceiling.

I think he makes the roster, and I think he ends up backing up TJ Watt.

Last edited by IowaSteeler927 on Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster   Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 4:47 am

His pass rush looks a little like Harrison and not just because of his number. I like what I've seen so far. If nothing else he'll push TJ and Bud to up their game.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster   Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 7:40 am

he's about the same height and frame as Harrison.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster   Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 8:28 am

effyou515 wrote:
he's about the same height and frame as Harrison.

You almost have to do a double take when you see him on the field. I think this kid has real potential to be a great pass rusher if he hones his craft.

LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster   Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 2:24 pm

I've liked what I've seen of him too. He's another guy I really hope he makes the team.

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster   Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 5:33 pm

he's currently listed behind Watt and Adams at ROLB:

Steelers release an updated depth chart ahead of preseason game against Titans

James Washington, Damoun Patterson and Jon Bostic are the most obvious movers on the Steelers’ depth chart after the team made some changes to the list on Monday

By Simon Chester
Aug 21, 2018

The Pittsburgh Steelers’ current depth chart may not reflect the true status of all the players on the roster quite yet, but it’s still interesting to note the changes the team made to the order of some position groups on Monday. While most names remain where they were when the first depth chart of the offseason was released a few weeks ago, one or two players have seen a significant shift in their places in the pecking order after two games.

The most obvious changes on offense are at wide receiver, where rookies James Washington and Damoun Patterson have moved from the bottom of the depth chart. Washington is now listed as the next man up behind JuJu Smith-Schuster, with Patterson listed behind Antonio Brown and Justin Hunter on the other side. For a player like Marcus Tucker, dropping behind the two young wideouts in the listings might not bode well for his future with the team.

to read rest of article:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/8/21/17762100/pittsburgh-steelers-release-an-updated-depth-chart-ahead-of-third-preseason-game-nfl-news-jon-bostic
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster   Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:43 pm

There's a good article about this at PPG:

These undrafted Steelers rookies have the best chance to make the 53-man roster

The Steelers have a long history of undrafted free agents making their 53-man roster. Many of them spend time on the practice squad before making the roster, but a few have made it as rookies. This century, the best example is Willie Parker, who made the team as a rookie in 2004 and a year later set the record for the longest run in Super Bowl history. He played seven seasons, is third among the Steelers rushers all-time, and finished his career with two Super Bowl rings.

There have been many others over the years. Current Steelers offensive lineman Ramon Foster went undrafted, made the team as a rookie and started in Super Bowl XLV one year later. He’s now 32 and in his 10th NFL season.

The Steelers must cut their roster from 90 to 53 players by next Saturday. Here are the undrafted rookies with the best chance to earn a spot on the roster this year:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/08/22/steelers-undrafted-rookies-2018-preseason-matthew-thomas-damoun-patterson/stories/201808220146

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster   Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 2:28 am

I think he's definitely going to make the roster and I think he'll see some snaps along with Keion Adams as a rotational pass rusher to help keep guys like Watt, and Dupree fresh. I don't care how we get the pressure on opposing quarterbacks, whether it's one or two guys being dominant, or by scheme, as long as it's consistent the entire defense will be better for it. If the pass rush can improve, then it'll be easier to defend against the run as well.

LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster   Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster EmptyFri Aug 31, 2018 12:01 am

From Ray Fittipaldo at PPG:

Ola or goodbye? The Steelers have some tough decisions to make

In a make-or-break game that could decide his future in professional football, Steelers outside linebacker Ola Adeniyi committed the cardinal sin for pass rushers in the final preseason game against the Carolina Panthers. Late in the second quarter Thursday night, on a third-and-14, Adeniyi was called for a neutral zone infraction, which is no way for an undrafted free agent to get into the good graces of his coaches.

Except on the very next play, Adeniyi made up for his gaffe in a big way. He bolted past Carolina’s left tackle and got his second strip-sack of the preseason. There was no better way to make up for his mistake.

Adeniyi, who signed with the Steelers after three seasons at Toledo, finished the preseason with three sacks and is a contender for a spot on the 53-man roster depending upon the severity of a second-half hamstring injury that ended his night. The Steelers likely will keep four outside linebackers. Adeniyi is in contention for that spot along with Keion Adams and Farrington Huguenin. Adams, coincidentally, recovered both of the forced fumbles Adeniyi caused during the preseason. He did not have a sack in four preseason games.

For what it’s worth, Huguenin started the game, but that might have only been for seniority reasons. He was with the Steelers on their practice squad last season. Huguenin had one sack during the preseason. T.J. Watt and Bud Dupree are the starting outside linebackers and Anthony Chickillo is likely the top reserve.

www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/08/30/Ola-Adeniyi-Steelers-outside-linebacker-Farrington-Huguenin-Keion-Adams-Anthony-Chickillo-T-J-Watt-Bud-Dupree/stories/201808300206

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster   Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster EmptyFri Aug 31, 2018 7:15 pm

Ola needs to stay. Letting him go would be a big mistake. Guy looks like a wrecking ball on defense and he's a rookie. Still hasn't hit his ceiling. I think we should keep him and Keion Adams and rotate pass rushers. Make this defense deadly, and fresh through depth.

IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster   Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 6:45 pm

Ola!!!!!!

Watch out for this kid!

Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster   Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 6:58 pm

Glad he made it! Ola and Thomas were the 2 players that I would be really pissed if they would have been cut.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster   Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 7:14 pm

so who is left watt, dupree, chickalo and ola ?
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster   Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 7:17 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
so who is left  watt, dupree, chickalo and ola ?

Indeed. Adams is cut. I hoped it would have been Chickillo.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster   Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 10:19 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
so who is left  watt, dupree, chickalo and ola ?

Indeed. Adams is cut. I hoped it would have been Chickillo.

I expect Adams is going to the practice squad. He really looked pretty good this preseason, so I expect they'll try to keep him around. Ola breaking out this preseason as a UDFA and Adams' injury issues last season definitely made his chances of making the 53 slim to none.

Being an armchair coach though, I'd of kept Adams and cut Chickillo. Chickillo has plainly hit his ceiling, and while he always seems to show well in camp and the preseason, he just doesn't play that well when he gets playing time during the regular season. Would've liked to have seen a pass rushing rotation with Watt, Dupree, Adams, and Adeniyi. Fresh legs keeping pressure on opposing QBs.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster   Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster Empty

Back to top Go down

Ola Adeniyi: My camp favorite to make the 53 Man Roster
Page 1 of 1