Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad

Go down 
+4
IowaSteeler927
Fire Arians
Steeler Zach
Hawaii 5-0
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad   Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 10:07 pm

The Pittsburgh Steelers have signed cornerback Isaiah Frey to their practice squad, the team announced today.

Frey adds depth at cornerback after the Steelers placed Cortez Allen on injured reserve while William Gay suffered a shoulder injury in Sunday’s loss to the Kansas City Chiefs.

Frey weighed in at 5/10 and 5/8 inches, 188 pounds during his 2012 Nevada Pro Day. He was drafted in the 6th round by the Chicago Bears. He played in 19 career games for the Bears before signing with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last season. He made eight appearances for them. In Tampa, he played 133 snaps on defense and another 67 on special teams.

Since the Steelers elevated Tyler Murphy to the practice squad last week, they had an open roster spot and did not have to make a corresponding move for Frey...

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/10/steelers-sign-cb-isaiah-frey-to-practice-squad/
Back to top Go down
Steeler Zach

Steeler Zach

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad   Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 10:08 pm

SUPER BOWL!!!
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad   Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 11:26 pm

SUPERBOWL!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad   Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 7:13 am

Fire Arians wrote:
SUPERBOWL!

Steeler Zach wrote:
SUPER BOWL!!!

Jinx! Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad 1647293567

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
lotas

lotas

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad   Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 7:29 am

In other news: Boykin applies for a job at The Home Depot.

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad   Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 5:49 pm

Steelers worked out CB Bill Bentley

By Neal Coolong

The Steelers are in the market for a cornerback. A recent visit with free agent Robert McClain didn’t result in a contract but the Steelers doubled down in those their efforts this week, working out Bill Bentley (according to Adam Caplan).

They signed Isaiah Frey to their practice squad Tuesday, and perhaps that’s the only move they wanted to make. The Steelers only had nine players on the 10 player maximum practice squad.

Bentley looked to be the Lions’ nickel back in 2014 but he tore his ACL early in the year. Detroit released him after minicamp, likely due to that injury. When healthy, it would seem his past experience would have him on a roster.

Bentley was a third round pick in the 2012 NFL Draft out of Louisiana Lafayette — the same school as ex-Steelers CB Ike Taylor — saw about 10 snaps a game as a rookie. That increased to about 25 snaps a game in his second year before he was injured at the start of his third season.

The Steelers have found multiple contributing cornerbacks via free agency the last few years. Will Gay was signed back after the Cardinals released him in 2013. Brice McCain played over 600 snaps for the Steelers last year, both as a starter and as the nickel, after he was released by the Texans. Antwon Blake and Ross Cockrell both see extensive time in the secondary this year.

to read rest of article:

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/10/29/steelers-worked-out-cornerback-bill-bentley/?ref=yfp
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad   Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 5:57 pm

I think Cockrell may be a permanent fixture. I wish they would have Kept McCain over Blake though. Blakes a good tackler but thats about it, hes too much of a liability at this point. Gay, Cockrell and one other quality CB would be nice. I don't see why Boykin can't be that guy. WTF did we sign him for.

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad   Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 6:12 pm

SUPERBOWL!

oh wait, already did that Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad   Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 6:12 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
I think Cockrell may be a permanent fixture. I wish they would have Kept McCain over Blake though. Blakes a good tackler but thats about it, hes too much of a liability at this point. Gay, Cockrell and one other quality CB would be nice. I don't see why Boykin can't be that guy. WTF did we sign him for.

Same TBH I thought McCain was the better of the two
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad   Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 6:50 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

they both suck.

Pro Football Focus has Blake ranked #107 out of 109 CBs, McCain isn't much better at #96...
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad   Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 7:09 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

they both suck.

Pro Football Focus has Blake ranked #107 out of 109 CBs, McCain isn't much better at #96...

Boykin must be #108.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad   Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 7:33 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

they both suck.

Boykin must be #108.

lol , they do both suck.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad   Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 7:57 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Steelers worked out CB Bill Bentley

By Neal Coolong

The Steelers are in the market for a cornerback. A recent visit with free agent Robert McClain didn’t result in a contract but the Steelers doubled down in those their efforts this week, working out Bill Bentley (according to Adam Caplan).

They signed Isaiah Frey to their practice squad Tuesday, and perhaps that’s the only move they wanted to make. The Steelers only had nine players on the 10 player maximum practice squad.

Bentley looked to be the Lions’ nickel back in 2014 but he tore his ACL early in the year. Detroit released him after minicamp, likely due to that injury. When healthy, it would seem his past experience would have him on a roster.

Bentley was a third round pick in the 2012 NFL Draft out of Louisiana Lafayette — the same school as ex-Steelers CB Ike Taylor — saw about 10 snaps a game as a rookie. That increased to about 25 snaps a game in his second year before he was injured at the start of his third season.

The Steelers have found multiple contributing cornerbacks via free agency the last few years. Will Gay was signed back after the Cardinals released him in 2013. Brice McCain played over 600 snaps for the Steelers last year, both as a starter and as the nickel, after he was released by the Texans. Antwon Blake and Ross Cockrell both see extensive time in the secondary this year.

to read rest of article:

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/10/29/steelers-worked-out-cornerback-bill-bentley/?ref=yfp

Neal's idea of what a contributing CB is and mine are not one and the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad   Steelers Sign CB Isaiah Frey To Practice Squad Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1