Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePackers vs. Lions Ending Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Packers vs. Lions Ending

Go down 
+5
Atlanta Dan
JonM229
SteelersYak
IowaSteeler927
jak341
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Packers vs. Lions Ending Empty
PostSubject: Packers vs. Lions Ending   Packers vs. Lions Ending EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 11:42 pm

Wow...

Hail Mary on the last play of the game. Packers win.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Packers vs. Lions Ending   Packers vs. Lions Ending EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 5:19 am

That was an amazing play, and stupidity on behalf of the Lions defense but it honestly never should've happened. That facemask call was BS in my opinion. He grazed Rodgers' facemask, and Rodgers acted it out like he got his head tore off. Lions got robbed in my opinion by that call, but on the same token they shouldn't have allowed the Packers to get back into a game where they had a 17-0 lead either.

They say a facemask is twisting, turning, or pulling the mask. But what I saw was that he grazed the facemask and it made Rodgers head slightly move. There was no grasp of the mask, just a brush. I think the penalty was a knee-jerk reaction by the officials and Rodgers acting played a huge part in it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Packers vs. Lions Ending   Packers vs. Lions Ending EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 5:54 am

I watched the highlights on ESPN and holy cow that wasn't a facemask. Rodgers did his best LeBron James and flopped.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Packers vs. Lions Ending   Packers vs. Lions Ending EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 6:44 am

SteelersYak wrote:
I watched the highlights on ESPN and holy cow that wasn't a facemask.  Rodgers did his best LeBron James and flopped.

Penalties within the last two minutes that can adversely effect the outcome of a game like that should be reviewable. Packers should of lost.

JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Packers vs. Lions Ending   Packers vs. Lions Ending EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 8:22 am

Only three days after the most Browns loss, we get to see the most Lions loss.

What a time to be alive!

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Packers vs. Lions Ending   Packers vs. Lions Ending EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 9:06 am

Of course that also flipped the results on all bets - Packers were favored by -2&1/2 to 3 and the over/under was 46&1/2

Those are the types of losses for anyone who bet the Lions last night that make you vow to give up gambling until it is time to get even this Sunday

The face mask call was nonsense but the ref probably was afraid not to call it in case the replay showed he missed it and that ended the game. Like the refs in the Duke-Miami game several weeks ago, it was going to be easier to let the game continue since it was highly unlikely the team with the ball would pull off a miracle

The incompetence of NFL officiating is reaching scandalous levels

NFL officiating has hit an all-time low—how should it be fixed? - SI.com

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/12/01/nfl-officials-missed-calls-dean-blandino
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Packers vs. Lions Ending   Packers vs. Lions Ending EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 11:07 am

Interesting article from ProFootballTalk about it:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/04/facemask-rule-as-written-wasnt-violated-by-lions/

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Packers vs. Lions Ending   Packers vs. Lions Ending EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 11:59 am

By rule of the NEW NFL, any time a hand goes to the facemask the officials call a 15 yard penalty.

By rule, the call was correct, not only because the hand touched his facemask but also b/c the defender's finger hooked the facemask, albeit for a split second. Doesn't matter if it was a minute infraction, by the letter of the law, it was the correct call.

With that being said, it was a BS call, and it cost the Lions the game.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Packers vs. Lions Ending 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Packers vs. Lions Ending   Packers vs. Lions Ending EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 1:05 am

stlrtruck wrote:
By rule of the NEW NFL, any time a hand goes to the facemask the officials call a 15 yard penalty.

By rule, the call was correct, not only because the hand touched his facemask but also b/c the defender's finger hooked the facemask, albeit for a split second.  Doesn't matter if it was a minute infraction, by the letter of the law, it was the correct call.

With that being said, it was a BS call, and it cost the Lions the game.

Actually this is the rule:

No player shall grasp and control, twist, turn, push, or pull the facemask of an opponent in any direction,” Rule 12, Section 2, Article 14 states.

The key words there grasp and control. At no point did the Lions player grasp or control Arron Rodgers' facemask. He simply brushed it.

IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Packers vs. Lions Ending   Packers vs. Lions Ending EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 5:16 am

Having a pretty intense debate in the NFL.com comments section in regards to the facemask call. Some people, I swear they are entirely delusional. I've posted the exact rule straight out the the NFL Rules on NFL.com and people are still arguing with me that it was a blatant facemask...

Quote :
GRASPING FACEMASK
Article 5 No player shall twist, turn, or pull the facemask of an opponent in any direction.
Penalty: For twisting, turning, or pulling the mask: Loss of 15 yards. A personal foul. The player may be disqualified if the action is judged by the official(s) to be of a flagrant nature.

A.R. 12.12 Third-and-10 on A30. Runner A1 runs to the A33, where he is tackled by B1, who incidentally grasps A1’s facemask on the tackle, but it is not a twist, turn, or pull.
Ruling: A’s ball, fourth-and-seven, on A33. No Foul.

First off they call the rule "Grasping Facemask". At no point did the Lions player Taylor physically "Grasp" Rodgers' facemask. It absolutely wasn't a foul. I can see why the officials threw the flag, at full speed it definitely looked like he yanked him down by his facemask, this is why they need to review penalty calls like this one. I don't know if it would be possible to have some kind of board of officials sitting in a camera room watching every play that could work in tandem with the officials on the field to quickly determine a correct call. If that's not possible then they definitely need to at the very least allow reviews of crucial penalty calls in the last two minutes of the game. It might suck to sit through them, but I'm kind of sick of watching officials screw teams out of games.

I even have a good friend who is a Packers fan that says that the flag shouldn't have been thrown for that. Of course he's happy they won, but at least he's honest and not just trying to make excuses for a bad call.

Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Packers vs. Lions Ending   Packers vs. Lions Ending EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 8:58 am

For those who recall the debate over whether to draft Eddie Lacy or Le'Veon Bell

The Green Bay Packers sent two messages to Eddie Lacy after he missed curfew on Wednesday night in Detroit:

On Thursday against the Lions, they took away his starting job at time when he was at his most productive stage of the season.

And on Friday, they worked out the running back who selected three spots ahead of Lacy in the second round of the 2013 NFL draft, former Wisconsin standout Montee Ball, who flamed out with the Denver Broncos.

Regardless of whether or not this was an isolated incident, it’s been a rocky season for the 2013 NFL offensive rookie of the year. He reported to training camp well above his listed weight at 234 pounds, and his weight has been a question that has followed him all season. He sustained two injuries – a sprained ankle in Week 2 against the Seahawks and a pulled groin nearly two months later against the Panthers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/25651/packers-send-a-message-to-eddie-lacy-after-missed-curfew
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Packers vs. Lions Ending   Packers vs. Lions Ending EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 5:47 pm

I was kind of pissed because I changed my pick to the lions at the last minute, Lions we up 17-0, I watched tv for a while, checked the score on my phone it said it was 23-21, flipped back and I have never seen anything that ridiculous in my life. The Lions won that game, but they lost. I hate Green Bay. No No No No No No

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Packers vs. Lions Ending   Packers vs. Lions Ending EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 9:24 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
For those who recall the debate over whether to draft Eddie Lacy or Le'Veon Bell

The Green Bay Packers sent two messages to Eddie Lacy after he missed curfew on Wednesday night in Detroit:

On Thursday against the Lions, they took away his starting job at time when he was at his most productive stage of the season.

And on Friday, they worked out the running back who selected three spots ahead of Lacy in the second round of the 2013 NFL draft, former Wisconsin standout Montee Ball, who flamed out with the Denver Broncos.

Regardless of whether or not this was an isolated incident, it’s been a rocky season for the 2013 NFL offensive rookie of the year. He reported to training camp well above his listed weight at 234 pounds, and his weight has been a question that has followed him all season. He sustained two injuries – a sprained ankle in Week 2 against the Seahawks and a pulled groin nearly two months later against the Panthers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/25651/packers-send-a-message-to-eddie-lacy-after-missed-curfew

There was a debate over who the Steelers should have drafted at running back?

I must have missed that. Packers vs. Lions Ending 1072540953

Packers vs. Lions Ending 1797695198

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Packers vs. Lions Ending   Packers vs. Lions Ending EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 2:44 pm

eddy lacy is a butterball

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Packers vs. Lions Ending   Packers vs. Lions Ending EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 3:23 pm

pczach wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:

There was a debate over who the Steelers should have drafted at running back?

I must have missed that. Packers vs. Lions Ending 1072540953

Packers vs. Lions Ending 1797695198

Yup. Thankfully we went with Walter Ambercrombie. He's really tearing it up on the practice squad I hear. Truth, fam!  Packers vs. Lions Ending 2981382511

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Packers vs. Lions Ending   Packers vs. Lions Ending Empty

Back to top Go down

Packers vs. Lions Ending
Page 1 of 1