Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeNext up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Next up: Baltimore Part 2

Go down 
+22
SteelerSpartan
FrancoLambert
IowaSteeler927
Hawaii 5-0
Buddha Bus
Atlanta Dan
El-Gonzo Jackson
stlrtruck
jak341
SteelersYak
Drizztbob
JonM229
marvology
Stryker
effyou515
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
vasteeler
harrison'samonster
SoCalFan
SteelCity4Life
Fire Arians
Steelcitian
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 12:37 pm

I'd like to see our team come out with a chip on their shoulder for this game. After all this was the team that bounced us out of the playoffs last year and stole a win from us earlier this season that we had no business losing (fuck you josh scobee). No trap game here.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 12:43 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
I'd like to see our team come out with a chip on their shoulder for this game. After all this was the team that bounced us out of the playoffs last year and stole a win from us earlier this season that we had no business losing (fuck you josh scobee). No trap game here.

Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 Turned-on

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 5:26 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

Easy there, fella! You don't want to hyper-extend a nipple and end up on the I.R. with those 19 Ravens players! Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 4130395391

Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 1:39 am

Ravens won't have trouble getting motivated for Steelers

By DAVID GINSBURG (AP Sports Writer)
AP - Sports

Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 201512201356501775780

BALTIMORE (AP) -- Though the injury-depleted Baltimore Ravens are short of talent, they won't be lacking incentive Sunday when the Steelers come to town.

''Obviously it's going to be a game that's very important to us,'' coach John Harbaugh said Monday. ''It's a rivalry game. It's the Pittsburgh Steelers. We understand they're coming in here with a lot at stake.''

Pittsburgh (9-5) has won three straight and five of six to move into position for at least an AFC wild-card berth. With a victory Sunday and a loss by the New York Jets, the Steelers are in.

The Ravens (4-10), conversely, are assured their worst season since a 5-11 finish in 2007 - Brian Billick's final year as head coach.

''It's rivalry week, so we don't care what our record is,'' linebacker Elvis Dumervil said. ''We definitely want this one. That's what we'll be working on this week.''

Back in October, the Ravens beat Pittsburgh 23-20 in overtime for their first win of the season. The victory gave Baltimore hope that it could rebound from an 0-3 start, but it turned out to be merely a brief escape from a dreadful season filled with injuries, turnovers and defeats.

Several of the Ravens' standouts in that first meeting won't be around for the rematch. Quarterback Joe Flacco, running back Justin Forsett, wide receiver Steve Smith and left tackle Eugene Monroe are among 18 currently players on injured reserve.

The roster shuffle finally caught up to the Ravens two weeks ago, when they lost 35-6 at home to Seattle. On Sunday, Baltimore absorbed a 34-14 drubbing from the visiting Kansas City Chiefs.

The three-game homestand comes to a merciful end Sunday. At this point in the season, Baltimore has little left to play for but pride - and beating the hated Steelers.

''We're going to keep playing. We're not going to back down,'' defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan said. ''They're going to have to take it from us; they're not coming in here and just beating us. We're going to get ready to fight.''

When these two teams get together, the scuffling occasionally extends to the stands. Harbaugh knows a solid contingent of Steelers fans will make the trip south, but he's counting on Ravens backers to stand by their team.

''It's our home game, so I expect most of our fans to be there. I think they'll be fired up,'' Harbaugh said. ''One thing I've learned through all this is I don't believe we have fair-weather fans. That's, to me, very evident. I've been grateful for the response our team has gotten.''

Pittsburgh leads the series 24-18, including 3-1 in the postseason, but the Ravens beat the Steelers in the playoffs on the road last season before prevailing in October.

Harbaugh said he might wait until Sunday to announce his starting quarterback. Matt Schaub, Jimmy Clausen and Ryan Mallett are all in the mix.

''I don't know who the guy's going to be right now,'' Harbaugh said.

Shaub has missed two straight games with chest and shoulder injuries. Clausen started in his place but has produced only two touchdowns, and Mallett is still in the process of learning the offense.

View gallery
Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh, left, speaks with line judge Tom Stephan in the first hal …
Regarding injuries, Harbaugh said tight end Crockett Gillmore (back) is likely done for the season, and cornerback Jimmy Smith, who left in the first quarter Sunday with a thigh bruise, ''has a good chance to play'' against Pittsburgh.

On a lighter note, Harbaugh joked that the Ravens might hold a contest to determine the color of their third set of pants. The team wore gold pants Sunday for the first time, filling out a repertoire that includes black and white, but the mustard-tinted hue did not get solid reviews.

''Uniforms should be fun. We have a look that we're proud of in Baltimore,'' Harbaugh said. ''It stands out, and we want to build on that. But if we can be creative somewhere, I'm all for it.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ravens-wont-trouble-getting-motivated-steelers-225846665--nfl.html
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 2:02 am

Ravens can get motivated all they want, I don't think it will much matter. It's a rivalry game, but with the injuries the Ravens have had, and the way they've been playing... We absolutely shouldn't lose this game, we should steamroll them. No excuses. If we lose, we definitely don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 8:19 am

Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 Xq63qPD

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 8:23 am

I saw this on a Ravens board and it gave me a chuckle

Quote :
AS REVENGE FOR BATCH WE'RE GIVING THEM A TASTE OF THE PICKLES

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 2:17 pm

Got my tickets today. I'll be in section 103 screaming for the boys to lay down that 100. My wife refuses to wear any Steeler gear for fear someone she knows may see her...

vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 2:41 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
Got my tickets today.  I'll be in section 103 screaming for the boys to lay down that 100.  My wife refuses to wear any Steeler gear for fear someone she knows may see her...

D-I-V-O-R-C-E!!!! Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 3798349058

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 4:24 pm

It won't be the same without Fucco out there but I hope we whomp the crap out of them.  

God I hate the Ravens.  They are like Browns fans but double worse.  I will NEVER understand how you can be a fan of that team.  Like "Hey, this crappy team called the Browns is moving here so I think I'm going to start wearing purple and cheer for them"

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 4:57 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
It won't be the same without Fucco out there but I hope we whomp the crap out of them.  

God I hate the Ravens.  They are like Browns fans but double worse.  I will NEVER understand how you can be a fan of that team.  Like "Hey, this crappy team called the Browns is moving here so I think I'm going to start wearing purple and cheer for them"

I used to live in Ravens back yard. Their fans don't like us as much as we don't like them. However, there is one thing that we both have for each other: respect. We both know that any game is going to be hard hitting, and is going to be a relatively close game (occasional blowout not withstanding).

Now Cincinnati fans...that's a whole other story. Zero respect for them at all. They are like the kid who jumps on the pile at the end of the scrum and sticks his hands up in the air in victory.

As for Browns fans, you gotta feel sorry for them. Any team that gets tacked with the nickname "Factory of Sadness" does something to you.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 6:41 pm

We're not only gonna win, we're gonna beat the point spread and win big. Payback will be sweet, only thing that sucks is Flacco won't be playing, I love seeing him get jacked up
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 7:07 pm

Ravens could turn to Ryan Mallett on Sunday

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 22, 2015

Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 502139688-e1450819984898

The Ravens are down to their third quarterback this season, with Jimmy Clausen starting after injuries to Joe Flacco and Matt Schaub. Soon the Ravens may move on to their fourth quarterback, Ryan Mallett.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said the team would like to get an opportunity to evaluate the recently signed Mallett, and that could happen as soon as Sunday.

“[Mallett’s] done a good job,” Harbaugh said. “Obviously the clock’s ticking, and if we want to see him this year we’re going to have to put him out there pretty quick. But that’s a matter of whether we’re ready to play. We also want to [give] due justice to our chances of winning the game, too.”

Harbaugh defended Clausen, saying he has played better than his stats suggest, but he wouldn’t commit to Clausen starting.

“We’ll see,” Harbaugh said. “I just don’t want to put any parameters on [the quarterback situation] right now. It’s a unique situation right now that we’re in, obviously. It’s different than normal. We’ll see how it plays out. [We are] probably not going to say anything. We’ll see who the guy is.”

Mallett, who was cut by the Texans in October, could soon start for his second team this season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/22/ravens-could-turn-to-ryan-mallett-on-sunday/
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 11:34 am

I don't just hope the Raven lose..I hope they get embarrassed to make those Ravens fans on their forum look even more stupid then they sound..if that's even possible.
Thats all they have to root for is ruing our season and to call it a "sweep" with the first one being a gifted win-what a joke!
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 3:03 pm

I feel really bad that the Ravens were not at their norm this season.

I wish this game at Baltimore was for the division title.

Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 1072540953
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 4:46 pm

When our defense has been this inconsistent.....I take no game lightly

And we haven't put up very many points in Balt

Last edited by SteelerSpartan on Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 5:46 pm

Will Baltimore's M&T Bank Stadium turn into Heinz Field East on Sunday?

Dec 21, 2015
Jamison Hensley
ESPN Staff Writer

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- In a season where nothing has seemed to go right, the Baltimore Ravens' final home game might not even be a true home game.

Thousands of Pittsburgh Steelers fans are expected to crash Baltimore for Sunday's game between the AFC North rivals, which could turn M&T Bank Stadium into Heinz Field East.

This has the makings of an imperfect storm for the struggling Ravens (4-10), who are in the midst of one of the most disappointing seasons in team history. There have been an increasing number of opposing teams' fans at Ravens home games this month, and Steelers Nation prides itself for being one of the most well-traveled fan bases in the league.

How concerned are the Ravens about this? Coach John Harbaugh addressed the potential black-and-gold invasion in his opening statement at Monday's news conference.

"I'm sure a lot of their fans are going to be trying to get in the stadium," Harbaugh said. "But I'm sure our fans will be up to the challenge as well."

Traditionally, Steelers fans have made the four-hour drive from western Pennsylvania to buy between 3,000 and 5,000 tickets at Baltimore's 71,008-seat stadium.

But the combination of the Ravens' downward spiral and the Steelers' hot streak could translate to the best showing by Pittsburgh fans since 2007, which was the last time Baltimore played host to Pittsburgh after being eliminated from the postseason. Nearly half of the announced crowd of 71,353 waved bright yellow Terrible Towels that night eight years ago.

It will be a similar setting for Sunday's game, which was moved out of prime time because it was no longer considered a marquee matchup. The Ravens have lost their last two games by a total of 49 points, and their injury-depleted lineup resembles a preseason one. The Steelers (9-5) have won five of their six games and have a chance to clinch a playoff berth Sunday.

Baltimore is a 9.5-point underdog, which could spur even the most loyal Ravens fans to sell their tickets to fans of their most dreaded rivals. There's extra incentive for western Pennsylvania sports fans to come to town next weekend because Pitt plays Navy in the Military Bowl in Annapolis, Maryland, one day after the Steelers-Ravens game.

This would follow a recent trend at M&T Bank Stadium. Two weeks ago, Seahawks fans waved their "12" banner throughout the stadium. Last Sunday, it was hard to miss the number of red-clad Chiefs fans sitting in the lower bowl around the 50-yard line.

"One thing I’ve learned through all this is [that] I don’t believe we have fair-weather fans," Harbaugh said. "I’ve been grateful for the response that our team has gotten from the fans. They knew [Sunday] that we didn’t have a lot to play for, obviously, other than pride, and our fans had a lot of pride. They were out there cheering our team on. Most of them stayed until the end -- until it was definitely out of sight with the last turnover -- and they were loud.

"I think they’ll be the same. I believe they’ll be the same way against Pittsburgh. It’s a rivalry game. It doesn’t change. It’s one of those games where they’ll say the records don’t matter. I think our fans are going to approach it that way. That’s the type of fans they are.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/24663/will-baltimores-mt-bank-stadium-turn-into-heinz-field-east-on-sunday
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 3:32 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

Easy there, fella! You don't want to hyper-extend a nipple and end up on the I.R. with those 19 Ravens players!   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 4130395391
Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 3562723908
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 3:38 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Ravens could turn to Ryan Mallett on Sunday

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 22, 2015

Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 502139688-e1450819984898

The Ravens are down to their third quarterback this season, with Jimmy Clausen starting after injuries to Joe Flacco and Matt Schaub. Soon the Ravens may move on to their fourth quarterback, Ryan Mallett.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said the team would like to get an opportunity to evaluate the recently signed Mallett, and that could happen as soon as Sunday.

“[Mallett’s] done a good job,” Harbaugh said. “Obviously the clock’s ticking, and if we want to see him this year we’re going to have to put him out there pretty quick. But that’s a matter of whether we’re ready to play. We also want to [give] due justice to our chances of winning the game, too.”

Harbaugh defended Clausen, saying he has played better than his stats suggest, but he wouldn’t commit to Clausen starting.

“We’ll see,” Harbaugh said. “I just don’t want to put any parameters on [the quarterback situation] right now. It’s a unique situation right now that we’re in, obviously. It’s different than normal. We’ll see how it plays out. [We are] probably not going to say anything. We’ll see who the guy is.”

Mallett, who was cut by the Texans in October, could soon start for his second team this season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/22/ravens-could-turn-to-ryan-mallett-on-sunday/

Wow how your franchise has fallen when you've signed a petulant man-child like Mallett onto your roster. I wouldn't sign that guy even as a backup if he was free.

Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 2:53 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

"One thing I’ve learned through all this is [that] I don’t believe we have fair-weather fans," Harbaugh said. "I’ve been grateful for the response that our team has gotten from the fans. They knew [Sunday] that we didn’t have a lot to play for, obviously, other than pride, and our fans had a lot of pride. They were out there cheering our team on. Most of them stayed until the end -- until it was definitely out of sight with the last turnover -- and they were loud.

"I think they’ll be the same. I believe they’ll be the same way against Pittsburgh. It’s a rivalry game. It doesn’t change. It’s one of those games where they’ll say the records don’t matter. I think our fans are going to approach it that way. That’s the type of fans they are.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/24663/will-baltimores-mt-bank-stadium-turn-into-heinz-field-east-on-sunday

This is an absolute joke. I don't know where Harbaugh lives, but I LIVE in Baltimore. I know EXACTLY what type of fans are here and I can tell you with 100% certainty that Baltimore fans are some of the most fair weathered fans of all time. A losing record for the Ravens means empty or opposing teams in those seats. It will be 60-40 Steeler fans on Sunday with a lot of empties, guaranteed. They do a "Purple Friday" down here during the season where everyone dresses up like they are going to a Prince concert for work, and this last month, NO ONE is wearing a shred of Purple.

The same can be said for the Orioles. Yankees fans call this place Yankees South because when they come down here during a shitty Birds year, it's like a home game for them, but cheaper.

Harballsack, go push your bullshit propaganda somewhere else, we ain't buying it.

IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 3:18 pm

Haha Jon do you dress up in purple like you're going to a Prince Concert?! Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 3823912936

ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 3:45 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

This is an absolute joke.  I don't know where Harbaugh lives, but I LIVE in Baltimore.  I know EXACTLY what type of fans are here and I can tell you with 100% certainty that Baltimore fans are some of the most fair weathered fans of all time.  A losing record for the Ravens means empty or opposing teams in those seats.  It will be 60-40 Steeler fans on Sunday with a lot of empties, guaranteed.  They do a "Purple Friday" down here during the season where everyone dresses up like they are going to a Prince concert for work, and this last month, NO ONE is wearing a shred of Purple.  

The same can be said for the Orioles.  Yankees fans call this place Yankees South because when they come down here during a shitty Birds year, it's like a home game for them, but cheaper.

Harballsack, go push your bullshit propaganda somewhere else, we ain't buying it.

go yanks!

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 3:48 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Haha Jon do you dress up in purple like you're going to a Prince Concert?! Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 3823912936

I don't, because I'd look silly being the only one dressed in purple. Maybe if I lived in Minnesota, I could get away with it.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 8:19 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Yes. And when he goes to the Prince concert, it's in that ass-less yellow pantsuit symbol guy used to wear.

Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 Df9e4f4f78e978b55332029864dd0571.300x300x5

The only difference is the giant hair bush growing out of the opening. Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 3798349058

Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 12:31 am

Score prediction: steelers 31 ravens 20

PostSubject: Re: Next up: Baltimore Part 2   Next up: Baltimore Part 2 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Next up: Baltimore Part 2
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next