Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home2016 Season Steelers Opponents Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

2016 Season Steelers Opponents

Go down 
+9
BlackAndGold
The_Joker
Fire Arians
SteelersNorth
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
El-Gonzo Jackson
JonM229
OX1947
Atlanta Dan
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Atlanta Dan

2016 Season Steelers Opponents Empty
PostSubject: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 9:44 am

Schedule will not be announced until spring but these are the teams the Steelers will be playing - Steelers get the Pats* at Heinz for a change

Home: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, New England Patriots*, New York Jets, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Kansas City Chiefs

Away: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Indianapolis Colts

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/2016-nfl-opponents-home-and-away-games-for-all-32-teams-010416
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 12:26 pm

12-4 for sure.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 12:28 pm

OX1947 wrote:
12-4 for sure.

Does that include being swept by the Ravens again?

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 12:32 pm

JonM229 wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
12-4 for sure.

Does that include being swept by the Ravens again?

Only if the Ravens have a losing record.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 12:36 pm

Most of the home games will be tough tickets - Heinz is a reasonable road trip for New York fans while the Pats** and Cowboys games always are popular

As far as the difficulty of next year's schedule, in today's NFL it is tough to project whether a stronger team this year will be a weaker team next year or vice versa.

Going into this season the Steelers were projected to have the most difficult strength of schedule but ended up having only the 5th strongest schedule in the AFC and 13th strongest schedule in the league.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/afcsosag.html

Of course the Steelers managed to lose 2 games to one of the weakest teams on their schedule based on that team's record. 2016 Season Steelers Opponents 2913999526

Strength of schedule matters  (Jets having the weakest  schedule in the league helps explain how a team with 10 wins could often look so mediocre) - it is just that how strong the schedule actually was can only be determined in hindsight

Last edited by Atlanta Dan on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 12:36 pm

Steelers will have something special for the ratbirds next time around. This time, rats wont have Scobee missing 5 FGs to win.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 12:59 pm

No reason we can't have another playoff season.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 1:20 pm

I always love looking at who they play each season at home and away.

My goal is to go to the Dallas game and the Bills as they're a 2 hour drive from me :)
Though the Ralph is a junk stadium lol
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 1:34 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:

Might be tougher next year, when Baltimore's healthy again it'll be a 3 way race for the AFCN. They had bad luck with injuries, and with the #6 pick in the draft might be dangerous.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 1:51 pm

Fire Arians wrote:

Might be tougher next year, when Baltimore's healthy again it'll be a 3 way race for the AFCN. They had bad luck with injuries, and with the #6 pick in the draft might be dangerous.

Plus we should have Brashad Perriman next season, so we'll have another fast target for the deep bomb/PI threat to make up for Torrey Smith leaving.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
The_Joker

The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 2:19 pm

Guess who's going to FedEx next year to watch our Steelers?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 2:23 pm

The_Joker wrote:
Guess who's going to FedEx next year to watch our Steelers?

2016 Season Steelers Opponents 2980463626_fa2c7b6594

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 2:28 pm

Fire Arians wrote:

Oh yeah for sure. And our intra-conference opponents like the Jets, Bills, Pats*, Chiefs, and Colts won't be slouches either since they'll be healthy or have quality D's. I think we're a better team with tougher schedules though.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 2:30 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

Plus we should have Brashad Perriman next season, so we'll have another fast target for the deep bomb/PI threat to make up for Torrey Smith leaving.
Yeah that will add another layer. I do expect you guys to be back next year and beyond. I may hate the Ravens but they're well run which is why the rivalry well works.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 2:48 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

Yeah that will add another layer. I do expect you guys to be back next year and beyond. I may hate the Ravens but they're well run which is why the rivalry well works.

Oh definitely. When both teams are competing for the top of the division, or in a few cases the AFC Championship, those games can seem like old school gladiator matches (and definitely the best football in the NFL). Sadly, it hasn't been that way for a few years since some of the recent icons for both teams have retired.

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 3:05 pm

JonM229 wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

Oh definitely.  When both teams are competing for the top of the division, or in a few cases the AFC Championship, those games can seem like old school gladiator matches (and definitely the best football in the NFL).  Sadly, it hasn't been that way for a few years since some of the recent icons for both teams have retired.
To be honest with you and I know it may sound like a load of crap but I wasn't too shocked you guys beat us a couple weeks back. Upset, hell yeah I mean come on it did almost cost us the playoffs and I am glad like hell it didn't but not surprised since those games are always tough since I know you remember Batch beating you guys. Shit the games weren't easy when you guys had guys like Boller at QB. I actually while I dislike the Ravens immensely do have a respect for them that I don't for other rivals like the Bengals or the Patriots*. Now maybe part of that is I'm a weird bird in that I root for the Orioles in baseball as well but I really think it's because there's something magical about the rivalry. More often than not the two teams play a close and hard fought game. Sometimes one will clobber the other but those are exceptions. It's a true rivalry. Not lopsided. I fully as I said expect the Ravens to be back. I never count them out in the AFC North.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 3:48 pm

To be honest with you and I know it may sound like a load of crap but I wasn't too shocked you guys beat us a couple weeks back. Upset, hell yeah I mean come on it did almost cost us the playoffs and I am glad like hell it didn't but not surprised since those games are always tough since I know you remember Batch beating you guys. Shit the games weren't easy when you guys had guys like Boller at QB. I actually while I dislike the Ravens immensely do have a respect for them that I don't for other rivals like the Bengals or the Patriots**. Now maybe part of that is I'm a weird bird in that I root for the Orioles in baseball as well but I really think it's because there's something magical about the rivalry. More often than not the two teams play a close and hard fought game. Sometimes one will clobber the other but those are exceptions. It's a true rivalry. Not lopsided. I fully as I said expect the Ravens to be back. I never count them out in the AFC North.

They're both very well-run organizations. They both stuck with smash-mouth football and for many years relied mainly on their defense while other teams went pass happy (I'm looking at you, Saints). The Ravens tried to model their front office after the Steelers. Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti even referred to the Steelers front office as "the gold standard". Ravens-Steelers games are typically the premiere games for both teams as well as the NFL as a whole.

On top of all of this, both the Ravens and the Steelers are perennially deep playoff teams. It's not often that either go one and done (and I actually expect the Steelers to beat the Bengals next week.)

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 3:51 pm

JonM229 wrote:
On top of all of this, both the Ravens and the Steelers are perennially deep playoff teams.  It's not often that either go one and done (and I actually expect the Steelers to beat the Bengals next week.)

AFCN seems like a game of paper-scissors-rock. We usually have the Bengals number, but they usually beat the ravens, and the ravens usually beat us (since harbaugh became coach)

And Cleveland still sucks 2016 Season Steelers Opponents 1797695198
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 3:56 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
On top of all of this, both the Ravens and the Steelers are perennially deep playoff teams.  It's not often that either go one and done (and I actually expect the Steelers to beat the Bengals next week.)

AFCN seems like a game of paper-scissors-rock. We usually have the Bengals number, but they usually beat the ravens, and the ravens usually beat us (since harbaugh became coach)

It's actually slightly 11-10 Ravens since Harbaugh took over but as of late, it does seem yeah they've had our number. I think the reason why we and the Ravens can go far in the playoffs though is I think our games are like playoff games. It prepares both teams' players mentally and physically. They're both well coached too. I can't stand John Harbaugh but the guy and his brother are good coaches. And I have to admit it, I was wrong about Flacco. I used to think he was closer to a Dalton type but he's more closer to Ben than he is Dalton. I'd still take Ben of course but Flacco is legitimate and the Ravens were smart to have taken him over Matt Ryan who was much more heralded in that draft. The rivalry and I think Jon will agree here wouldn't be nearly as fun if one team was incompetent. I mean I like beating the Browns but it's not as emotional as beating the Ravens for me. the year we beat them thrice was just so magical but they made us earn each and every one of those wins even though Flacco was just a rook and Harbaugh a rookie HC.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 4:06 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

It's actually slightly 11-10 Ravens since Harbaugh took over but as of late, it does seem yeah they've had our number. I think the reason why we and the Ravens can go far in the playoffs though is I think our games are like playoff games. It prepares both teams' players mentally and physically.  They're both well coached too. I can't stand John Harbaugh but the guy and his brother are good coaches.  And I have to admit it, I was wrong about Flacco. I used to think he was closer to a Dalton type but he's more closer to Ben than he is Dalton. I'd still take Ben of course but Flacco is legitimate and the Ravens were smart to have taken him over Matt Ryan who was much more heralded in that draft. The rivalry and I think Jon will agree here wouldn't be nearly as fun if one team was incompetent. I mean I like beating the Browns but it's not as emotional as beating the Ravens for me. the year we beat them thrice was just so magical but they made us earn each and every one of those wins even though Flacco was just a rook and Harbaugh a rookie HC.

The only joy I get from beating the Browns is that it's similar to using someone's own hand to beat them with while taunting, "Quit hitting yourself! Quit hitting yourself!"

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 4:47 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

It's actually slightly 11-10 Ravens since Harbaugh took over but as of late, it does seem yeah they've had our number. I think the reason why we and the Ravens can go far in the playoffs though is I think our games are like playoff games. It prepares both teams' players mentally and physically.  They're both well coached too. I can't stand John Harbaugh but the guy and his brother are good coaches.  And I have to admit it, I was wrong about Flacco. I used to think he was closer to a Dalton type but he's more closer to Ben than he is Dalton. I'd still take Ben of course but Flacco is legitimate and the Ravens were smart to have taken him over Matt Ryan who was much more heralded in that draft. The rivalry and I think Jon will agree here wouldn't be nearly as fun if one team was incompetent. I mean I like beating the Browns but it's not as emotional as beating the Ravens for me. the year we beat them thrice was just so magical but they made us earn each and every one of those wins even though Flacco was just a rook and Harbaugh a rookie HC.

The only joy I get from beating the Browns is that it's similar to using someone's own hand to beat them with while taunting, "Quit hitting yourself! Quit hitting yourself!"
Ha, it just amazes me. I was talking with my brother the other day and they've gone through three first round QBs since they missed out on Ben. I feel sorry for their fans. Granted I don't deal with a lot of Browns fans in my neck of the woods so I don't know how they are but that is a franchise with a lot of history that has just been awful since they re-entered the league in 1999.
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 5:16 pm

Well, good thing for the Steelers is they don't come out West at all next year, bad for me though. Since it will be quite some time before they make it to the best coast they better get one massive West Coast win at Levi's stadium in Superbowl 50 to cap off this season! 2016 Season Steelers Opponents 1557163439

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 10:11 pm

I think that 13-3 is likely with 14-2 not out of the question.

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 11:25 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

I think they would have done well with Matt Ryan too. I'm sure there are still some Ravens fans who think of that alternate timeline.
Back to top Go down
HeinzMustard

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 2:47 pm

As long as Ben stays healthy... should be at least 10 wins and if Pouncey and Bell can make it all season... 12 wins.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Season Steelers Opponents   2016 Season Steelers Opponents Empty

Back to top Go down

2016 Season Steelers Opponents
Page 1 of 1