Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith

Go down 
+12
DesertSteel
kirklandrules
solardave
SoCalFan
PhantomJB93
EbonySteel86
FrancoLambert
El-Gonzo Jackson
Fire Arians
Stryker
schillah
Hawaii 5-0
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith Empty
PostSubject: Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith   Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 6:51 pm

First offseason move for Steelers must be to fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith

By: Curt Popejoy | January 18, 2016

Now that the 2015 season is done for the Pittsburgh Steelers, there’s no time to sit around and feel bad for how the season ended. It won’t be long before the Pittsburgh front office has to start making some tough decisions about players and coaches.

In the coming days, we are going to get lots of news about players being signed to futures contracts, and plenty of speculation about which players will not be re-signed. However, there’s a real possibility that the bulk of the Steelers coaching staff will remain untouched. Nevertheless, there’s one coach that must go. And that’s special teams coordinator Danny Smith. Why? Here’s why.

On the season, the Steelers averaged 8.7 yards per punt return, which puts them right in the middle among the league’s punters. Steelers kicker Chris Boswell is No. 20 in the league in kickoff distance, and the team is No. 7 in terms of return yardage allowed. Is being a middling special teams unit the mark of a championship team? I’d say no.

to read rest of article:

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/01/18/first-offseason-move-for-steelers-must-be-to-fire-danny-smith/
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith   Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 9:14 pm

It would help Danny Smith if the steelers provided better players in that area...dealing with archer, jacoby, and scobee all in one season must of been a headache

Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith   Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 9:49 pm

That article is garbage.

"It was time to go to the mattresses if you will" - Mike Tomlin

The worst tragedy in the world is running out of a pack of Luckies
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith   Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 9:51 pm

i would fire anybody responsible for hiring scobee and jacoby jones
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith   Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 11:31 pm

Yeah, its all Danny Smith's fault. He had great returners to be an impactful unit on special teams. Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith 2800024739
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith   Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 11:37 am

He's very good at chewing gum, but I'm not so sure he can coach and chew gum at the same time.

Seriously....he's mediocre at best......with the Steelers and with the teams he was with prior to the Steelers. I believe he came from the Redskins and with him their special teams were well....mediocre.
Back to top Go down
EbonySteel86

PostSubject: Re: Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith   Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 7:42 pm

Steelers been having SP issues since, foever! We haven't had a decent return man since Randle El. And putting AB on SP is just asking for trouble.
Back to top Go down
PhantomJB93

PhantomJB93

PostSubject: Re: Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith   Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 8:34 pm

While the ST unit certainly hasn't done anything to warrant defending Danny Smith, I tend to think that the problems with the unit run far deeper than the coordinator and that firing him would be more-or-less just using him as a scapegoat.

He was regarded as a good ST coach when he was brought in and a lot of the problems we have now existed before he was brought in.
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith   Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 8:40 pm

schillah wrote:
It would help Danny Smith if the steelers provided better players in that area...dealing with archer, jacoby, and scobee all in one season must of been a headache
I agree 100! Cant turn a pile of shit into a steak & lobster dinner! Damn I'm hungry...

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith   Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 1:47 am

We really didn't have any ST aces (we have a few better than average Shemarko Thomas, Vince Williams and DHB) this year or for at least acouple for that matter. I say we get Smith some players and see what happens then.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith   Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 9:50 am

Yeah, Danny Smith sucks, he couldn't make filet mignon out of the dog meat he was given. Fire him immediately! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith   Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 10:37 am

Bring back Dri Archer.... I think he's the answer to our KR woes.......................
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith   Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 11:05 am

DesertSteel wrote:
Bring back Dri Archer.... I think he's the answer to our KR woes.......................

better than jones imo
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith   Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 6:25 am

Fire Arians wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:

better than jones imo

Just about anyone would be better than Jones at this point. Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith 1797695198 Cam Thomas anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith   Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 12:47 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:

better than jones imo

Just about anyone would be better than Jones at this point. Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith 1797695198 Cam Thomas anyone?

Cam Thomas has some mad return skills yo!
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith   Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 1:09 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:

better than jones imo

Cam Thomas has some mad return skills yo!

Maybe put shamarko back there and he can maybe get a 10 yard penalty for interfering with his own fair catch, hey that might be a free 10 yards here and there Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith   Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 3:03 pm

What about converting Mike Tomlin into a player/coach and putting him back there? He already has some special teams action under his belt.

Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith TomlinSidelineJonesJumpsBackBaltimore

Just look at those cat-like reflexes!

Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith   Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 6:15 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
What about converting Mike Tomlin into a player/coach and putting him back there? He already has some special teams action under his belt.

Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith TomlinSidelineJonesJumpsBackBaltimore

......and he didn't even need to take his hand out of his pocket. He's an athletic freak.....obviously! Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith 1797695198

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith   Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 6:21 pm

I really think Jacoby muffed all them punts on purpose.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith   Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 6:32 pm

pczach wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

......and he didn't even need to take his hand out of his pocket. He's an athletic freak.....obviously! Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith 1797695198

The standard is the standard.

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith   Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 6:44 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
I really think Jacoby muffed all them punts on purpose.

same here, once a raven always one
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith   Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 5:49 am

Art Rooney II and Mike Tomlin agree, no changes to coaching staff

During the course of the Pittsburgh Steelers 2015 season, there were plenty of ups and downs. The team had to cope with a ton of injuries and the inconsistent performances that go along with it, and were still in the playoffs and a serious contender.

However, there were some points in the season where it really seemed that this team was failed by the coaching. In particular on special teams, where the Steelers really struggled to make plays, and in terms of the return team, seemed to be out of flux all year long. This season could have put special teams coordinator Danny Smith on the hot seat.

Additionally, there were long stretches where the Steelers secondary struggled with consistency and playmaking, and looked lost out there on the field. In these cases, it was defensive backs coach Carnell Lake that looked to be the culprit.

However, according to Steelers President Art Rooney II, he and head coach Mike Tomlin are in agreement that the coaches did well enough that there should be not changes.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/01/28/art-rooney-ii-and-mike-tomlin-agree-no-changes-to-coaching-staff/

PostSubject: Re: Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith   Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers should fire special teams coordinator Danny Smith
Page 1 of 1