Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeFirst Non Steeler Signing Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

First Non Steeler Signing

Go down 
+6
harrison'samonster
SteelersCanada
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
BlackAndGold
SteelCityUnderground
steelers5895
10 posters
AuthorMessage
steelers5895
Banned

First Non Steeler Signing Empty
PostSubject: First Non Steeler Signing   First Non Steeler Signing EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 11:28 am

With free agency right around the corner, who do you guys feel will be the Steelers first non- resigned free agent we sign and why?

I am going to say its Mercedes Lewis at TE.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: First Non Steeler Signing   First Non Steeler Signing EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 11:53 am

I don't see anyone that enticing to bring in, other than the popularly cited Eric Weddle. Most of the corners are locker room headaches or out of our price range.

I like your thought on Lewis, but wonder what Jared Cook might bring to the table. He's been on mediocre teams and could shine in this offense. Lewis has had an injury history that would probably have Pittsburgh shy away from him.

I'm wondering if they have an eye on bringing Al Woods back? He's technically a former Steeler, and probably a guy we let get away, that would've helped our defensive line depth. Then again, maybe the coaches felt there wasn't upside there too, but I wouldn't be surprised with Cam Thomas, Geathers and McLendon heading to free agency, if we don't give a DL a look. Just not sure who fits the price and scheme at this stage of the game.

http://steelcityunderground.com
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: First Non Steeler Signing   First Non Steeler Signing EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 12:54 pm

Heard Lewis may be getting an extension with the Jaguars. Someone like Jermaine Gresham could come cheap.

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: First Non Steeler Signing   First Non Steeler Signing EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 1:47 pm

Nobody except no name bodies will be added before the draft, not this year. No TEs, no Safeties, no CBs, and no Mario Williams. Thats what im banking on.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: First Non Steeler Signing   First Non Steeler Signing EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 1:59 pm

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
Nobody except no name bodies will be added before the draft, not this year. No TEs, no Safeties, no CBs, and no Mario Williams. Thats what im banking on.

I've been a broken record stating we can't afford to bring in Eric Weddle. I think there's a fascination with him because the Steelers have signed free agent safeties in the past, but we already did that with Mike Mitchell (for those with a short attention span.)

I honestly don't think we need more help via free agency at this point and would be content with resigning the bulk of our own players, then filling out the roster with draft picks and UDFA's.

http://steelcityunderground.com
steelers5895
Banned

PostSubject: Re: First Non Steeler Signing   First Non Steeler Signing EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 2:09 pm

if we sign a safety it will be a younger, cheaper one
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: First Non Steeler Signing   First Non Steeler Signing EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 3:00 pm

Don't see them signing a big name safety, they'll add one high in the draft.

But hopefully they'll add someone for depth on the D-line

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: First Non Steeler Signing   First Non Steeler Signing EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 3:07 pm

BlackAndGold wrote:
Don't see them signing a big name safety, they'll add one high in the draft.

But hopefully they'll add someone for depth on the D-line

I'm hoping for this, maybe even more than another CB. I'd like to see a good compliment on the inside to Tuitt and Heyward.
Back to top Go down
SteelersCanada

SteelersCanada

PostSubject: Re: First Non Steeler Signing   First Non Steeler Signing EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 4:14 pm

Can't believe the Ravens let Osemele walk.
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: First Non Steeler Signing   First Non Steeler Signing EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 4:24 pm

SteelersCanada wrote:

SteelersCanada! You need to post here more often!

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: First Non Steeler Signing   First Non Steeler Signing EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 11:12 pm

BlackAndGold wrote:
Heard Lewis may be getting an extension with the Jaguars. Someone like Jermaine Gresham could come cheap.

I like the Gresham call. Would not be surprised to see somebody like Tyvon Branch at Safety as a stop gap, unless they want to give Golden the opportunity.

I don't see how they don't draft a safety this year with a lot of good talent at the position in the top 60 picks.
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: First Non Steeler Signing   First Non Steeler Signing EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 11:37 pm

SteelersCanada wrote:
He's getting paid like a LT. If the Ravens thought he should play at guard or RT, they made the right decision of letting him go.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: First Non Steeler Signing   First Non Steeler Signing EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 1:25 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
BlackAndGold wrote:

I like the Gresham call.  Would not be surprised to see somebody like Tyvon Branch at Safety as a stop gap, unless they want to give Golden the opportunity.

I don't see how they don't draft a safety this year with a lot of good talent at the position in the top 60 picks.

I think Golden gets the chance to start, he's improved every year and Imo, he deserves a shot.

Agreed, it's a deep draft class at safety. Bell, Thompson, Neal, Simmons, Joseph, Cash, Killebrew, Powell, Mills (missing anyone? lol) are all fits.

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: First Non Steeler Signing   First Non Steeler Signing EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 3:01 am

SteelersCanada wrote:

Not enough cap.

Ronnie Stanley seems like the perfect pick for them at pick #6. Possible they go o-line back to back with Garnett in round 2 if he's there. (let's hope not)

PostSubject: Re: First Non Steeler Signing   First Non Steeler Signing EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 3:07 am

BlackAndGold wrote:
SteelersCanada wrote:

Not enough cap.

Ronnie Stanley seems like the perfect pick for them at pick #6. Possible they go o-line back to back with Garnett in round 2 if he's there. (let's hope not)

Looking at recent high drafted OT history, I wouldn't mind if they pick Stanley. LOL
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: First Non Steeler Signing   First Non Steeler Signing EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 6:15 am

SteelersCanada wrote:

Joey Jumpball's contract bites them in the ass.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: First Non Steeler Signing   First Non Steeler Signing EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 6:49 am

SteelersCanada wrote:

Yeah that was an awful mistake on their part. They believe way too much in Joe Flacco. Why this guy gets paid like an elite QB is beyond comprehension. Ben carries the team, Joe rolls only when the rest of the team roles.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: First Non Steeler Signing   First Non Steeler Signing EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 8:37 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
SteelersCanada wrote:

Yeah that was an awful mistake on their part. They believe way too much in Joe Flacco. Why this guy gets paid like an elite QB is beyond comprehension. Ben carries the team, Joe rolls only when the rest of the team roles.

Raiders are apparently going to make Osemele the highest paid guard in the NFL. If that is the case, I don't blame Ozzie for not trying to one up some insane offer.

People like to talk junk about how Flacco's contract is more than he is worth....adding another outrageous contract by Osemele would not be any more shrewd of a move IMO.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: First Non Steeler Signing   First Non Steeler Signing EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 8:38 am

I think Osemele will be playing LT for the Raiders, not official though.

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: First Non Steeler Signing   First Non Steeler Signing EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 8:44 am

BlackAndGold wrote:
I think Osemele will be playing LT for the Raiders, not official though.

That would be interesting. I see him as having RT feet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Non Steeler Signing   First Non Steeler Signing Empty

Back to top Go down

First Non Steeler Signing
Page 1 of 1