Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract

Go down 
+5
fer69
Hawaii 5-0
Lokki
El-Gonzo Jackson
jak341
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract   Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 1:07 pm

DL depth: acquired.

I know nothing about him. Will research.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/03/steelers-sign-free-agent-dl-ricardo-mathews/
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract   Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 1:37 pm

6'3" 300 lbs. High motor guy that has some quickness and will push the pocket. Camp depth and a guy with NFL experience, 1 gap type of 3 technique guy I think.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract   Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 2:39 pm

Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract Lombardi_Trophy
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract   Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 2:47 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
6'3" 300 lbs.  High motor guy that has some quickness and will push the pocket.  Camp depth and a guy with NFL experience, 1 gap type of 3 technique guy I think.  

I sure as hell hope he's better than the last Chargers DL we signed... Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract 2097682944
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract   Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 5:33 pm

I Hope he's Not Cam Thomas 2.0

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract   Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 6:14 pm

I'll bet he plays safety pretty damn good

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract   Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 8:15 pm

I read on a few messages boards he is rated lower than Cam Thomas by PFF. Also read if Steelers paid more than a bag of deflated footballs, we got robbed.
Back to top Go down
LambertLunatic
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract   Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 9:43 pm

Mathews was more than likely signed by the Steelers in order to add depth on their defensive line. .

According to this article, we signed Matthews for depth, and not to beat out Heyward or Tuitt for the starting job.
Great investigative journalism! Was this article written by Capt Obvious?
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract   Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 1:55 am

fer69 wrote:
I Hope he's Not Cam Thomas 2.0

I also hope he's better than the last Ricardo who played for us...
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract   Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 12:57 pm

LambertLunatic wrote:
Mathews was more than likely signed by the Steelers in order to add depth on their defensive line. .

According to this article, we signed Matthews for depth, and not to beat out Heyward or Tuitt for the starting job.  
Great investigative journalism!  Was this article written by Capt Obvious?

I know, kind of funny huh.

Fans complain that there is no D-line depth, but when a veteran is signed for D-line depth they instantly complain that he isn't any better than Cam Thomas. Dude wasn't signed to compete for Heyward or Tuitt for starts, he was signed for depth. Some fans are only happy when they are unhappy. Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract 2087824411
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract   Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 5:57 pm

SUPERBOWL!
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract   Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 1:22 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
SUPERBOWL!

There it is!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract   Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers Sign DE Ricardo Matthews To One Year Contract
Page 1 of 1